Tests ordered via RCCI link not here yet

37 minutes ago, clochette said:

I ordered mine yesterday also and did not get them, it still say pending when I check the order.  just checked again and now saying it is shipping and should get it before 8:00 p.m. tomorrow.  did not get a shipping email.

I didn’t get an email either.  I just got an email that they were delivered.   Lol got them at 930am lol.  

• Haha 1

I called Optum this morning.

1. Shipped does NOT mean shipped.  They claim it means that their shipping department has processed them but...

2. Claim that the issue is Fed Ex is behind and has several (up to a week) of backlog that they have not picked up.  

3. Told me that they are shpping orders from the 22nd and 23rd today.   (I ordered on the 22nd and was "told" I would get them on the 24th.  ) I live about 15 miles from where they are shpping from!!!

4. No email yet pending delivery.  

I will be pretty ticked if they haven't left there by this Friday.  Luckily I have a month before I leave.

If shipments are coming from CA, then be aware it's not Optum that's the hold-up, it's the courier.  I just off the phone with them, because I will need a new supply and wanted to order early, but not if the expiration date is too close.  Two interesting things from the service person:

- Expiration dates in current inventory is October 2022, so that's good news.

-  Optum is sending out in 1 day, but FedEx delivery can be problematic.  The biggest supply chain route is through Reno out of CA, and ALL roads on that highway coming in/out CA are closed.  The Sierras have 17 feet of snow, and things are really bogged down.  

Since the expiration dates are out to October, it might be best to order early.  

I'm on my way to get 2 from my son to add to my supply, and then I'll be good until mid-Feb.  I definitely will have my extended supply by then.

• Like 1

I ordered a 3 pack last week and the fedex tracking info originally showed they were to arrive 12/24. Then on that day the tracking info changed to “status pending”. I called Monday and the very nice customer service associate said she would escalate. They then delivered the next day. And instead of 1 3 pack I got 3 3 packs so now have 9 tests total. Expiration isn’t until Nov 2022 so they should cover all my planned cruises next year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pcur said:

If shipments are coming from CA, then be aware it's not Optum that's the hold-up, it's the courier.  I just off the phone with them, because I will need a new supply and wanted to order early, but not if the expiration date is too close.  Two interesting things from the service person:

- Expiration dates in current inventory is October 2022, so that's good news.

-  Optum is sending out in 1 day, but FedEx delivery can be problematic.  The biggest supply chain route is through Reno out of CA, and ALL roads on that highway coming in/out CA are closed.  The Sierras have 17 feet of snow, and things are really bogged down.  

Since the expiration dates are out to October, it might be best to order early.  

I'm on my way to get 2 from my son to add to my supply, and then I'll be good until mid-Feb.  I definitely will have my extended supply by then.

Well, mine are NOT going over the mountains, unless they have to go FROM Reno to Hayward, since I am right next to Hayward and there is no snow here.   I am concerned that what we are all getting from Optum customer service are stories.  😞

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Ordered test kits at 2:31PM today. Just received email shipped 3:15PM via FedEx estimated delivery tomorrow by 8:00PM. Coming from California. Fingers crossed November 2022 expiration dates. 

Just received my order for 6 test kits all with expiration date November 6, 2022. Less then 24 hours. Wow!!!

• Like 1

I called optum last night,  demanded to speak to a supervisor.  He gave me same story that it is FedEx fault.  But then said since FedEx didn't pick up within 2 days of them creating my label,  a new label needed to be created. And admitted it should have already been.  So he committed to check with the warehouse this morning.  So now today I got a new tracking number and says it should arrive tomorrow by 8pm. However the new number (like the original)  still only says "label created".  We'll see if it changes by the end of the day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookiersmom said:

I called optum last night,  demanded to speak to a supervisor.  He gave me same story that it is FedEx fault.  But then said since FedEx didn't pick up within 2 days of them creating my label,  a new label needed to be created. And admitted it should have already been.  So he committed to check with the warehouse this morning.  So now today I got a new tracking number and says it should arrive tomorrow by 8pm. However the new number (like the original)  still only says "label created".  We'll see if it changes by the end of the day.  

Sorry you’re having such a hard time getting kits, hopefully you’ll have tomorrow. 

I think if the test kits can arrive by overground delivery, FedEX is doing it's best.  I ordered on 12/29 at 4:45pm PST, and they arrived at 9:30am this morning.

The weather and flights are so iffy going east that I think those people are the ones getting delayed deliveries.  All I can suggest (again) is to order early, because the expirtion date on all of my kits is 11/15/22.  So, no worries about the kits expiring if you order a supply for cruises up to 11/17/22.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:43 PM, Race Watcher said:

I was disappointed with the customer service at Optum.  I ordered test kits on 12/22.  Delivery was to be 12/23-24.  No tests came.  I called 12/26 the person could not help and had no idea of when delivery would be coming.  They said it was a weekend and there was no one in the warehouse.  I called 12/27 11:00 am eastern.  The person apologized and asked when I needed the test.  I explained I was leaving at 6am on the 29th .  She said there was nothing she could do the tests were not shipped.  Offered a refund.  12/28 1:30pm I get home and the tests were on the front porch.  I would have slept a lot better had I known they were in route.  This was not a good experience with Optum.

P.S.  Negative

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:06 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I am FREAKING out. I dropped $200 on tests for 3 of us because the FAQ recommended two per person. I ordered them last monday and it said they would arrive on 22 or 23. Well they arent here and i went on their website and they havent even shipped from Cali and I am in Maryland. I have to take these tests tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. 

Is anyone having the same issue? I have no other options because the testing here is taking days/weeks now. 

The cruise lines should be doing this testing for free at the dock.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

Same.  My credit card company credited me and are going after them but I bet they'll fight it as well.

well I Karen'ed and escalated it and the manager approved it. we will see if it comes back or not. I did get an email confirmation though. 

8 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

not only did they never come, they still havent shipped and they are telling me that my refund is denied. now I have to Karen. I hate doing this. 

1 minute ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

well I Karen'ed and escalated it and the manager approved it. we will see if it comes back or not. I did get an email confirmation though. 

Wow! What a nightmare! I've been lucky... we ordered twice, and each time they came in 2 or 3 days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Wow! What a nightmare! I've been lucky... we ordered twice, and each time they came in 2 or 3 days.

yes, i hate being That Person but what do they expect? $200 in tests that werent delivered in time for my cruise. sure I am going again in May but i dont trust the expiration dates OR know what the protocols then will be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

yes, i hate being That Person but what do they expect? $200 in tests that werent delivered in time for my cruise. sure I am going again in May but i dont trust the expiration dates OR know what the protocols then will be. 

The inventory being sent out now expires in Nov/Dec 2022.  I called them before I ordered to check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

The inventory being sent out now expires in Nov/Dec 2022.  I called them before I ordered to check.

Yes and they promised to send me test kits in time for my cruise. I will use another company next time. that was so stressful.