A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There's no risk of a $5000 fine.  You can cross back into Canada with a recent positive test as long as you have a quarantine plan.  Had clients cross while positive 3 weeks ago.  No issues. 

The various lobby groups and travel associations are pushing hard for the rumination of the  pcr testing. 

This is what is not clear. There was a recent clause added that you a positive test is not a valid test result to enter.  And to avoid being fined $5000 per person, you must wait to enter 11 days after a positive test.  If it's just a quarantine plan, then that is great as we have no issue staying at home.  But it's the fine that is the issue.

14 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

This is what is not clear. There was a recent clause added that you a positive test is not a valid test result to enter.  And to avoid being fined $5000 per person, you must wait to enter 11 days after a positive test.  If it's just a quarantine plan, then that is great as we have no issue staying at home.  But it's the fine that is the issue.

I just looked and I do see that.  Do you know if that was recently added or has it been there all along.  Like I mentioned I had clients return on Dec 24th with no issues   

I received my BeeperMD PCR results tonight at 5:14PM from the test I tools yesterday morning.  Still negative!  I appears this just just a cold.  

I have another appt set up for them tomorrow afternoon to get a  PCR test that I can use to fly home!

14D07A54-7B64-4C87-9AB0-09061E74E3C7.thumb.jpeg.cabc30986bce71e145a482af359f9eeb.jpeg

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

The way I read it, and that was explained to me, is that you either need a negative PCR within 72 hours of flight OR a positive test that is 11+ - 180 days old.  You would only be subject to a fine if you

were outside those parameters 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked and I do see that.  Do you know if that was recently added or has it been there all along.  Like I mentioned I had clients return on Dec 24th with no issues   

Over in the Canadian forum @K_e_short reported the change was made today.

New day. New rules. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

New day, New rules. 

Wow.  Brutal.  Thanks for the update. 

I have a positive test from the end December as does my wife and son so the 3 of us are good for March.  My daughters came out negative though and I am scheduled to sail with her in February.  Looks like we could be forced to spend an extra 10 days in Florida if the worst happens and she tests positive. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

7 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

New day. New rules. 

Yeah, it's quite recent .  Was added within the past few days. 

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

Good to know. Thought I had read the rules changed

Per travel.gc.ca, you can be fined $5000 if you tested positive within 72 hours of your return. So, if you have a positive test result from a month ago, you're fine. If you have a positive test result from 12 days ago, you're fine. But if you're a Canadian citizen who tests positive today and thinks you're driving home scot free tomorrow, they're saying they will slap you with a fine.

"Positive results on your pre-entry test

A positive pre-entry test result within 72 hours of your planned entry is not a valid test result for entry to Canada.

Foreign nationals with symptoms or with a positive result from less than 15 days before arriving (starting January 15, 2022, 11 days) will be denied entry.

Canadians: To avoid being fined $5,000 per traveller (plus surcharges), wait to enter Canada until the 15th day (starting January 15, 2022, 11th day) after your positive test result. If you had symptoms without a positive result, wait until the symptoms have ended and you have a valid negative pre-entry test result."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I received my BeeperMD PCR results tonight at 5:14PM from the test I tools yesterday morning.  Still negative!  I appears this just just a cold.  

I have another appt set up for them tomorrow afternoon to get a  PCR test that I can use to fly home!

14D07A54-7B64-4C87-9AB0-09061E74E3C7.thumb.jpeg.cabc30986bce71e145a482af359f9eeb.jpeg

I take it there's no limit to how many times you can test with them? Hubby and I are sailing on Jan 30th and trying to plan ahead for the worst case scenario.

28 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I take it there's no limit to how many times you can test with them? Hubby and I are sailing on Jan 30th and trying to plan ahead for the worst case scenario.

there does not appear to be a limit.  If I still test negative tomorrow, that will be the last test before we go home

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

there does not appear to be a limit.  If I still test negative tomorrow, that will be the last test before we go home

According to the fast spread of it I am surprised you are still testing negative. 

Wishing you to test just the same tomorrow.  Once in hand, I hope you get to enjoy some of the places you wanted to dine at.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Yip! Pretty tough. 

Will get worse as the omicron wave subsides. Gotta stop imported cases from triggering another wavelet.

I wonder if my next cruise in June will be doable???

June is way, way off. We'll be onto the Pi and Rho variants by then, both with a whole new set of rules. Not only will you have to test negative on a PCR test to re-enter Canada you will also need to answer a skill testing question. Don't worry it's easy. 😉

image.png.259cb58dd008d7a18752139748162c3c.png

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 14

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's making our numbers look real good.🙄

To be fair I think most every province across Canada did this too.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just changed from what I read.

Wow.  Brutal.  Thanks for the update. 

I like how they also say fees will apply to the fine as well. It should be known what those fees are, and what they actually total VS hanging it over our heads. Are they charging a ticket handling fee, carbon tax for car idling at the border while determining what to do with the positives at land crossings (sarcasm font on), GST etc?

I have a positive test from the end December as does my wife and son so the 3 of us are good for March.  My daughters came out negative though and I am scheduled to sail with her in February.  Looks like we could be forced to spend an extra 10 days in Florida if the worst happens and she tests positive. 

I guess you could head north and spend those days in Buffalo. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

To be fair I think most every province across Canada did this too.

Just changed from what I read.

I like how they also say fees will apply to the fine as well. It should be known what those fees are, and what they actually total VS hanging it over our heads. Are they charging a ticket handling fee, carbon tax for car idling at the border while determining what to do with the positives at land crossings (sarcasm font on), GST etc?

I guess you could head north and spend those days in Buffalo. 😂

And chow down on wings at the Anchor bar!  Yummmm!

Guess we got back just in time!

12 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Canadians: To avoid being fined $5,000 per traveller (plus surcharges), wait to enter Canada until the 15th day (starting January 15, 2022, 11th day) after your positive test result. If you had symptoms without a positive result, wait until the symptoms have ended and you have a valid negative pre-entry test result."

The possibility of the $5000 fine has always been there, but the wording is more threatening now. It was even listed in the ArriveCan app. If I can figure out how post pics of our app wording, I would be curious from @JessyCruises if it has changed in the app too when she does hers?

Edit to add…the positive test mentioned on the app referred to a positive test more than 10 days old. There was no choice for positive less than 10 days old. 

7C8D9CC7-D37B-47EB-93A1-B6B0C6BBB4E2.jpeg

190BE811-60DD-48B9-81A0-58C96593835F.jpeg

Edited by OACAggie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Guess we got back just in time!

The possibility of the $5000 fine has always been there, but the wording is more threatening now. It was even listed in the ArriveCan app. If I can figure out how post pics of our app wording, I would be curious from @JessyCruises if it has changed in the app too when she does hers?

7C8D9CC7-D37B-47EB-93A1-B6B0C6BBB4E2.jpeg

190BE811-60DD-48B9-81A0-58C96593835F.jpeg

Yeah, before it was may be (like you did not have a solid quarantine plan).  Now it appears as a 100% certainty

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, before it was may be (like you did not have a solid quarantine plan).  Now it appears as a 100% certainty

Meanwhile flights from around the world continue to arrive in Canada.  They have Canadians and non-Canadians onboard that have a negative test before they flew, and could be positive when they land. Just another level of lunacy. I can not wait for this to end. 

• Like 6

It's excessively punitive for Cdn citizens to return. They government has said they don't want us travelling and they are making sure that it is stressful and expensive enough to deter us. 

At the very least Jessy and Paul travelled with some protection from Royal. Now that testing will not be provided by Royal after January, any of us testing after our cruise will have to deal with a potential 10 day quarantine at our own expense. 

Don't see how the PCR requirement is helping to stop COVID though - Omicron found a way in.

Fingers crossed for Jessy's final test to be negative! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Great news! Thank you for that info. I'll be storing their info in my phone in hopes we don't need it come Feb 6th.

Best of luck on that final test today!! Hopefully you will be homeward bound in no time!

And the fun continues.  It rained heavy last evening and I woke up to water dripping onto my bed at 2AM.  I was too

tired to bother calling front desk and moving so I scooted over to the other side of the bed - luckily it was just dripping on one corner - and fell back asleep.  When we woke up we discovered water in the living area as well.  On to room #3!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Great news! Thank you for that info. I'll be storing their info in my phone in hopes we don't need it come Feb 6th.

Best of luck on that final test today!! Hopefully you will be homeward bound in no time!

BeeperMD was here about an hour ago and the test is done.  Paul took one too - who knows, maybe he will be negative now!

• Like 7