January Cruisers - you can rebook without penalty!

jondfk

Added to the 1-800-Princess intro message today is information about allowing penalty free rebooking for cruises inside the 30 day cancellation deadline.  Call in and listen for yourself if you are uncomfortable with your upcoming sailing.

• Thanks 3

Is that for any reason?  The website still shows that it applies inside of 30 days if you are someone in your "immediate travel party" tests positive for Covid.  Maybe the message is a quick reaction to recent events and they will tidy up the website when they are all back in the office Monday?

• Like 1

I called yesterday possibly delay my 1/22/22 sailing, and I was told my deposit would be forfeited. It was one of those free cruises that I needed to put a $200 PP deposit , that turns to OBC when the ship sails. Maybe I will try again later with a different rep. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Is that for any reason?  The website still shows that it applies inside of 30 days if you are someone in your "immediate travel party" tests positive for Covid.  

What about someone in your household testing positive?

Would princess still like one to show up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

Added to the 1-800-Princess intro message today is information about allowing penalty free rebooking for cruises inside the 30 day cancellation deadline.  Call in and listen for yourself if you are uncomfortable with your upcoming sailing.

Thank you for posting!!  

• Like 1

In the UK, P&O allow you to cancel up until the very last minute if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid. You will get FCC as compensation. 

You do not have to provide any sort of proof.  Just saying !

The problem for UK cruisers is forced disembarkation in foreign ports, which does not apply to US cruises.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

In the UK, P&O allow you to cancel up until the very last minute if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid. You will get FCC as compensation. 

You do not have to provide any sort of proof.  Just saying !

The problem for UK cruisers is forced disembarkation in foreign ports, which does not apply to US cruises.

This phone message implies that one can rebook their cruise to a similar future sailing with price protection and same promotions. 

5 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Price protection is key.  Prices have increased on many similar itineraries.  If true, we will be taking advantage, just to be extra cautious..

I didn’t hear  any mention of price protection or promotions on the US phone line. 

Just rebooking your January cruise without cancellation fees.

Are you referring to the UK phone recording, in regards to price protection and promotions?

Anyone who has booked with PCL directly can use the chat line tmrw to

make changes in their Jan sailing.

Please post what you find out.

11 hours ago, chicgotgame said:

This phone message implies that one can rebook their cruise to a similar future sailing with price protection and same promotions. 

In the UK you get a FCC to the value of the cost of your cruise. You then use this FCC when you book a future cruise, at whatever the fare happens to be when you book. There is no price or promotion protection.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

In the UK you get a FCC to the value of the cost of your cruise. You then use this FCC when you book a future cruise, at whatever the fare happens to be when you book. There is no price or promotion protection.

Thank you.  Do you get your insurance premium refunded also?

To me, the message implies you need to rebook at the time you cancel. I’m hoping that’s not the case as I’d like a little more time to think things through, rearrange calendar items, etc.  Would be happy to take the FCC initially. 

We are able to rebook but only will receive FCC with a deadline that we will be unable to meet. Does this also mean that the claim that I would have been able to file with my independent insurance company prior to their policy change is now gone since Princess will give us FCC. I just feel sick.

9 minutes ago, hsmom said:

We are able to rebook but only will receive FCC with a deadline that we will be unable to meet. Does this also mean that the claim that I would have been able to file with my independent insurance company prior to their policy change is now gone since Princess will give us FCC. I just feel sick.

I hope you can work something out. Are you UK or US?  What deadline did they give you?

Has anyone had any success with Live Chat?  After trying for two hours, I had a short chat with a rep, only to be disconnected while she was reviewing my booking.  Tried again, after a few times I got to the welcome message and was disconnected as I sent my name and email address.

25 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Has anyone had any success with Live Chat?  After trying for two hours, I had a short chat with a rep, only to be disconnected while she was reviewing my booking.  Tried again, after a few times I got to the welcome message and was disconnected as I sent my name and email address.

No.  Mine says their offline now.

Since Princess is allowing Jan. cruises to be rescheduled, we are attempting to do so. I have an email into our TA, but in the meantime, I used Princess' online chat.

It took several attempts throughout the course of today (keep refreshing your page; you may see "chat is offline," but that means no one is available to chat), but I finally chatted with "Brian" who was quite nice but ultimately said I had to contact my TA. Kinda wish he'd led with that, for I felt I wasted his time (he did spent several minutes looking up my booking and then asking why I wanted to reschedule).

So heads up for those with TAs trying to use the chat option today.