The Daily for Sunday 01/02/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

My computer is in a bedroom on the side of the house, and I just witnessed 6 deer running through the yard between my unit and the units next door!  Surprise, surprise!  Guess that explains all the tracks in the snow.  I didn't realize that the deer were so low this season.

We had deer too!!  I like them until they start eating my fleurs.  😠

A3C5368D-5C0D-40B2-AFD5-24B6FEE672C2.thumb.jpeg.6f218b9c12b7f104623a39ef842f1293.jpeg

46 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

My project of the day received great reviews!

image.thumb.jpeg.38b8a5b95b22a4d5946144f1fae3f5e2.jpeg

Oh my gosh, those look so good!  I’m sorry.  What time did you say dinner was?  🙃

Our storm has been upgraded!  They’ve added another inch and some heavy winds.  Can’t wait!  🌨

• Like 17

@AncientWanderer I use Good Reads app to keep track of what I’ve read and for recommendations. I’ve just finished Jodi Picoult’s Wish You Were Here. It was about the current pandemic back at the beginning here. Don’t want to be a spoiler in case others haven’t read it so I won’t say more. Next up is Cloud Cuckoo Land. @grapau27 One of my favorite authors from years ago was Catherine Cookson. Many of her books took place in your corner of the UK. She was born in South Shields

@sailingdutchy thanks for those great photos!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, nancynana9950 said:

@AncientWanderer I use Good Reads app to keep track of what I’ve read and for recommendations. I’ve just finished Jodi Picoult’s Wish You Were Here. It was about the current pandemic back at the beginning here. Don’t want to be a spoiler in case others haven’t read it so I won’t say more. Next up is Cloud Cuckoo Land. @grapau27 One of my favorite authors from years ago was Catherine Cookson. Many of her books took place in your corner of the UK. She was born in South Shields

Ooh. I’ll be interested in what you think of Cloud Cuckoo land,  I loved All the light we cannot see.  
I guess we can have a book club as well as the garden club🤷‍♀️💕

• Like 14

Our book club used to be Southern Lit, this year, we blew that idea and went with what we wanted to read, so each member chose a book

February is- The Land more Kind Than Home  Wylie Cash

April is-  Midnight Library      Matt Haig   

June is - North of Havana by Randy Wayne White 

August is- The Orchid Thief  Susan Orleans

October is- The first Harry Potter book

We started with the Call of the Wild.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I definitely understand about pets and pills. Unfortunately I have to shove pills (when needed) down our cat's throat also (she is fooled by nothing … or should I say almost nothing). 

I get her in my lap. Then opening her iron jaw is close to impossible … but if I meow to her she always, reflexively, answers me and all I need to do is quickly catch the open mouth and shove.  For some reason she never has learned to refuse to answer my call even though she knows a pill is coming. You would really think that a pill pocket would be easier for her. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, nancynana9950 said:

Catherine Cookson wrote over 100 books predominantly romance and the stories were also shown on Television,Film and on Stage.

A lot of them were based on stories around Tyneside.

Pauline has read a lot of her books and we have watched a lot of the stories on TV.

Graham.

• Like 6