Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

3 minutes ago, azlatina said:

NYmich, I am so grateful to read all your posts as well as everyone else on this cruise. We are scheduled to be on the Jan 28, cruise. Thank you for giving us a preview of what to expect. I know things can change day to day. 

Yes we have 3 or 4 that are on this cruise and have posted here and you can get a look through the lens of each of us so that's pretty cool.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Departure paperwork.  

16415695520934684514373274289769.jpg

Departure? Didn't you just start? I hate it when you get these 3 or 4 days into a cruise, I never want to think about being done when I'm there. 

Thanks for your reporting. Keep enjoying yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ORV said:

Departure? Didn't you just start? I hate it when you get these 3 or 4 days into a cruise, I never want to think about being done when I'm there. 

Thanks for your reporting. Keep enjoying yourself. 

Lol yes I hate that too ORV!

43 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Departure paperwork.  

16415695520934684514373274289769.jpg

Hi! Your info is fantastic!  We're cruising the Med in April.  We have an Oceania booked hotel for one night at the end of our cruise.  I don't see anything on the departure paperwork for that option. Is there anything on the other side of the paper maybe?   Thanks so much!  You can't imagine how helpful you are!

3 minutes ago, noelmarie said:

Hi! Your info is fantastic!  We're cruising the Med in April.  We have an Oceania booked hotel for one night at the end of our cruise.  I don't see anything on the departure paperwork for that option. Is there anything on the other side of the paper maybe?   Thanks so much!  You can't imagine how helpful you are!

Ty here is the other side....pretty Miami specific though

16415727550342166519184174790366.jpg

A lot has been written about the fantastic dining on the Riviera. In my opinion, an underrated venue is Wave’s Grill. Waygu burgers, ahi sandwiches, etc. They always  get extra rare (ahi) and medium rare (burgers) perfect each time. In addition, the daily specials are quite good (pulled pork sandwich was today’s). 

I either need to exercise or purge as tonight is our second visit to Jacque’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, molemaui said:

A lot has been written about the fantastic dining on the Riviera. In my opinion, an underrated venue is Wave’s Grill. Waygu burgers, ahi sandwiches, etc. They always  get extra rare (ahi) and medium rare (burgers) perfect each time. In addition, the daily specials are quite good (pulled pork sandwich was today’s). 

Always nice to order a little "surf" on the side as well.  I found that Wave's did a better job on grilling the lobster than the Terrace grill (which was sometimes a little overcooked).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slw207693 said:

If you give me your cabin number you will be in I will ask the exceptional Chief Housekeeper, Vanja, what your configuration will potentially be so you can bring them little gifts.   I do this too.  I usually bring the entertainment staff the movie size boxes of kiddie candy (lemon heads, hot tamales, Ike and mike, starburst, etc) as a piece of home.   When I buy make up and it comes with gift with purchase, I bring those as gifts as well.  

crew are not allowed off ship in ports anymore to call family or shop for essentials.   Your kindnesses mean the world to them.  And when you go from 1150 pax down to 690, tips are reduced that so many of them depend on to support families back home.  

The beginning of your post doesn’t jive with the end of your post. CASH IS KING! (especially right now).

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The beginning of your post doesn’t jive with the end of your post. CASH IS KING! (especially right now).

We were on a Princess cruise over Christmas and some of the crew told us that they were ordering things from Amazon, to be delivered to the home port, because they weren't able to get off the ship to do shopping. Cash is always good and maybe an Amazon card is good.

1 hour ago, molemaui said:

second this.

The burger (and the surf and turf) were incredible. Tonight is our second trip to RG! I’ll be taking you up on your recommendation.

housekeeping teams

over the years we have had  2 female staff/ 2 male staff/ one female & one male  team

give cash or if going ashore we ask if they need anything if they are not allowed off  in that port

We do not mind picking up small items  that they need

one waiter we had enjoyed coffee  ..(he had a french press)  so we picked up a bag of coffee in Columbia for him

18 hours ago, Nymich said:

If everyone wants to trash each other that's fine with me.  I am onboard and willing to help but you don't get both.  I'm not going to be on vacation sorting through opinions and insults.  Your Call. 

Host Jazz any help cleaning out the opinions and insults is appreciated.

Oh my.  What did I miss?

I'm a big fan of the burgers, but I also really enjoy the Q-Ban. My wife is a fan of the Rueben. The pulled pork picture up there looks tasty. I don't think I've experienced that before. There's only a couple I wouldn't eat. 

1 minute ago, cruisingxpert said:

You don't want to know.  This is our best feel good thread of the New Year.  Thank you to all of you, especially Nymich who started this thread.  

Very pleased any ill will was dealt with by Jazz and that our intrepid OP continues the fantastic reporting.  As an aside, we had a female steward and assistant on our TP aboard Regatta and they were outstanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm a big fan of the burgers, but I also really enjoy the Q-Ban. My wife is a fan of the Rueben. The pulled pork picture up there looks tasty. I don't think I've experienced that before. There's only a couple I wouldn't eat. 

I will vouch for the pulled pork just had it at Waves

• Like 1

When you're ready to lighten it up, you can always go to Polo 😄

Chesapeake Bay Lump Crab Cake with Pommery Mustard Sauce

20211229_205915.thumb.jpg.94f40f3feb86137cf7056576b03e1237.jpg

20 oz Porterhouse with Lobster Mac & Cheese and Sauteed Mushroom Persillade

20211229_212140.thumb.jpg.c933a72e557a873b48640fcc3d50c109.jpg

Polo Quintet (Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Key Lime Pie, Caramelized New York Cheesecake, Creme Brulee, Granny Smith Apple Crumb Pie)

20211229_215026.thumb.jpg.d9f1bda73d95c4ac8215cdd4264383c3.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

When you're ready to lighten it up, you can always go to Polo 😄

Chesapeake Bay Lump Crab Cake with Pommery Mustard Sauce

20211229_205915.thumb.jpg.94f40f3feb86137cf7056576b03e1237.jpg

Agree on the crab cake, I usually double the order as they are not that large.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Someone asked about cabin stewardess vs cabin steward for next cruise as they wanted to bring little gifts depending on sex.  So I said if the tell me cabin number for Jan 14 cruise, I’d supply the info needed.  I then posted some of the things I bring - candy, make-up, things they can’t get off and buy now because crew isn’t allowed off ship in any port (except those that help with departure/embarkation day).  I too give cash,these little things are in addition to that.