Quarantined on the Millennium. A different experience. Ask any questions

gafnewyork

15 minutes ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

I can’t imagine being stuck in an inside cabin for days on end especially if separated from my husband and possibly feeling unwell. I really think they should keep veranda staterooms for people in quarantine. If they can’t come out of their room especially if for days on end it would be so much more bearable to be able to get some fresh air and see the ocean and even see what is going on at a distance. Worried . Going on Equinox in February and thinking about this makes me want to cancel. I think guests should be made very aware of what will happen and where they will be quarantined before boarding the ship.

Agree.  I hope the cruise lines are reading this feedback and take action.  I don’t believe the current onboard stateroom protocols for quarantined guests are sustainable.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

...  I think guests should be made very aware of what will happen and where they will be quarantined before boarding the ship.

I would really hope they did provide this information up front so people can make an informed decision about cruising.  Imagine being diagnosed on the second day of a 12 day cruise and being stuck in an inside cabin for the remainder of the cruise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Good point LOL.  I think it's shameful in the extreme that they would even consider stuffing people in inside cabins for days on end, in this condition and unable to go outside their cabin.  They would literally need to sedate me to make that happen.  

same, have to be able to get fresh air...  they'd have to really hit me hard with the Xanax for that to happen.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there...is it in everyone's mind who wakes up with a sore head etc goes on to think it must be covid......I mean is a call to Celebrity guest relations while on board a "must" or could you have a day in bed with some paracetamol.

46 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Just throwing this out there...is it in everyone's mind who wakes up with a sore head etc goes on to think it must be covid......I mean is a call to Celebrity guest relations while on board a "must" or could you have a day in bed with some paracetamol.

Seems to be respectful of other guests to get tested. After all, if it's not covid then no worries. But if it is, one day in bed is not the solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

With the way it's spreading around here yes. 

is it in everyone's mind who wakes up with a sore head etc goes on to think it must be covid

No. For me, it means I got my money's worth from the Premium Alcohol Package the night before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If there is any chance it would be Covid, then a call is the right thing to do.  If it's a hangover, then maybe you wait a few hours and see what happens.  But like someone else said - if it turns out not to be Covid, no big deal.  But if it is, then you may have literally saved someone's life by calling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

The difference in cabin allocation was most likely simply because on "S" class ships 85% of the cabins have balconies.

I think it must have been a decision of the Captain as other I have read have all be veranda cabins.    There is another thread of a passenger on Constellation  today and they have him on deck 7 and the allocated cabins are Veranda cabins. 

Celebrity needs a clear protocol for these situations which includes balcony cabins. If there are more reports of people being placed in inside cabins until they can convince the captain to let them out, then that will make people less likely to “tell on themselves” for being ill. Who wants to feel like they are being punished for doing the right thing?  I know I would be reluctant to call medical at the first sniffle if the result of a test could send me to an inside cabin for an unknown timeframe. More will lay low in the cabin or worse mingle in the crowd during the most contagious part of the disease. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think it must have been a decision of the Captain as other I have read have all be veranda cabins.    There is another thread of a passenger on Constellation  today and they have him on deck 7 and the allocated cabins are Veranda cabins. 

I agree.  

The doctor who treated me needed to go through the Captain in order to try and find a balcony solution, even given my medical decision.  

Ultimately it was the Captain who determined my fate in spending  the first night on Deck 2.  Fortunately the doctor managed to find a stateroom on Deck 2 with a porthole.  Otherwise I would have lost my mind.  

9 hours ago, hcat said:

Who was the Captain?

No window..terrible

I asked to speak to him to help him understand my terrible phobia.  But he didn’t accept the invitation to talk with me and never followed up while I was quarantined.  

The cabin isolation location is something I had not considered and is a bit of a game-changer for me.  Back when the pandemic started and cruise ships like Diamond Princess were affected, or when ships like Eclipse were stranded at sea, I swore I would never sail in an Inside cabin.  If stuck on a ship I would want at the very least a balcony.  Or a suite would be the best case.  That was then.  This is now.  Even if in a suite - if I tested positive- I might spend the rest of my cruise isolated in an Inside cabin with no fresh outside air.  And this depends on the ship and the Captain's decision right now?  No way would I cruise right now.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gafnewyork said:

I asked to speak to him to help him understand my terrible phobia.  But he didn’t accept the invitation to talk with me and never followed up while I was quarantined.  

I hope you and everyone else follow up with a complaint / letter to Celebrity. 

They need to have a standard of accommodation for quarantined across ALL ships. Not at the whims of each captain. I'm sure he thought he was doing his best to protect the whole ship... 

I hate to see cruises cancelled, but maybe they need to take a break on a few of these ships like NCL did if overwhelmed. 

Glad you are doing well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islandhop9 said:

I hate to see cruises cancelled, but maybe they need to take a break on a few of these ships like NCL did if overwhelmed. 

I was thinking the same thing.  It will be unpopular of course.  But just pause cruising for 30 days and maybe start up again in February if Omicron is rapidly subsiding at that point.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

Weird question, But do they have any handicap accessible isolation cabins??  Hopefully I will never have to find out.. But wife is in a wheelchair..

51 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

Weird question, But do they have any handicap accessible isolation cabins??  Hopefully I will never have to find out.. But wife is in a wheelchair..

I don’t know for certain, but given ADA compliance requirements, I’d have to believe they must have.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islandhop9 said:

I hope you and everyone else follow up with a complaint / letter to Celebrity. 

They need to have a standard of accommodation for quarantined across ALL ships. Not at the whims of each captain. I'm sure he thought he was doing his best to protect the whole ship... 

Glad you are doing well. 

Thank you.  I submitted very detailed and honest feedback via the after cruise survey we received.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It will be unpopular of course.  But just pause cruising for 30 days and maybe start up again in February if Omicron is rapidly subsiding at that point.

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be such a shame, but at the same time I am wondering if it is not in fact the right thing to do.  It would certainly absolve me of some of my angst with my upcoming cruise (1/14).  That's what happened to us back in 2020.  We had a cruise in late March, and were at the time sailing on the last full sailing of Reflection.  We didn't know what to do with our late March cruise.   At that point no one knew much about Covid and it was just before all heck broke loose.   Got home March 13th and soon thereafter the decision was made for us.

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

As long as all strains are being treated equally, and that's inevitable unless/until strain-specific PCR testing should become available, this problem has no clear end in sight.  Whatever follows omicron may be even less sickening and equally transmissible,  but a case is a case is a case to the CDC and CLIA at this point.  I'm concerned that we either see a new testing and care protocol set developed, or we are going to be repeating this cycle for a very long time, much to the detriment of the industry and its customers.