Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

12 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Hi,

You can just do a test run on the ArriveCAN app.and it will take you all the way through to the health questionnaire. You just don’t submit it. There is a picture of a garbage can, that lets you delete the form. I just did a practise form and it does not ask for uploading the Covid test results. 

I can't do a test run, though, as I can't go further until I'm within 3 days of the cruise.  Or am I missing something?

Screenshot_20220902-212107_ArriveCAN.jpg

17 minutes ago, swdke said:

For cruises out of Canada where test is required, if we board on a Saturday, spend the night on the ship, still in Canada, and don't depart until Sunday afternoon, when are the test valid.?

I would say with a fairly high degree of confidence that anytime Thursday or later for a Rapid Antigen.

1 hour ago, swdke said:

For cruises out of Canada where test is required, if we board on a Saturday, spend the night on the ship, still in Canada, and don't depart until Sunday afternoon, when are the test valid.?

What cruise does this? I’ve never read about boarding one day, but not leaving until the next day, unless there is some sort of weather delay?

1 hour ago, Rebels82 said:

Caribbean Princess-we board Sat starting at noon and depart Sun.

I am scheduling my PCR test based on within 72 hours of Embarkation (noon on Sat.).

I'm guessing this is the Quebec City to NYC and/or Fort Lauderdale itinerary?  We did the latter cruise in 2014 and it was great having an extra night in Quebec even though we had flown in two days early.  It is a lovely, interesting city.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

What cruise does this? I’ve never read about boarding one day, but not leaving until the next day, unless there is some sort of weather delay?

Ours does the same thing....Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.
I would say the test should be based on either the day you fly into Canada or when you board the ship.

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Ours does the same thing....Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.
I would say the test should be based on either the day you fly into Canada or when you board the ship.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

I'm guessing this is the Quebec City to NYC and/or Fort Lauderdale itinerary?  We did the latter cruise in 2014 and it was great having an extra night in Quebec even though we had flown in two days early.  It is a lovely, interesting city.

Why does that happen? I’m sure Quebec is lovely, too. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:24 AM, Steelers36 said:

You can fake it by entering a valid date.  And then erase/abandon it later.

Steeler36,

You seem to be on the ball with some details.

Do we need to do the "ArriveCan" app if we merely change planes in Montreal? It appears that we simply go from one wing of the terminal to another to get our flight out of the country.

PS... Last time I saw Steeler 36 was at 3Rivers, We did see Franco at Philly airport.

20 minutes ago, Davey Jones Dentist said:

Steeler36,

Do we need to do the "ArriveCan" app if we merely change planes in Montreal? It appears that we simply go from one wing of the terminal to another to get our flight out of the country.

PS... Last time I saw Steeler 36 was at 3Rivers, We did see Franco at Philly airport.

Just in case he's occupied....

Screenshot_20220906-204522_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Jones Dentist said:

Steeler36,

I have seen Franco at the Pittsburgh airport.  But he didn't have anything to say:

Franco Harris Recreates 'Immaculate Reception' Statue At ...

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Davey Jones Dentist said:

Do we need to do the "ArriveCan" app if we merely change planes in Montreal?

Travellers who are transiting through Canada to another country (international to international) don't need to submit their information through ArriveCAN as long as they:

• are transiting through:
    • Vancouver international airport
    • Toronto Pearson international airport (Terminal 1 only)
    • Montreal-Trudeau international airport
    • Calgary international airport
  • stay in the secure transit area within the airport while making their connection

A secure transit area is a specific zone that separates travellers and their baggage from other passengers and goods. If travellers are not sure whether they will need to leave the secure transit area to get to their connection flight, they must confirm with their airline prior to departure.

If you do leave the secure transit area for any reason, you will need to:

• submit your mandatory public health information using ArriveCAN prior to arrival at the connecting airport
  • see a CBSA officer for examination

Montreal airport has a passage to go thru from arriving International flight to a USA flight.

Same the other way.

The key is what airlines are you flying and is there automatic luggage transfer from one to the other and do you have both boarding passes?  You can investigate further yourself with your airline or check out the Montreal Trudeau airport website.  

ETA:  Same applies at Toronto Pearson.

Edited by Steelers36

Can anyone who has recently boarded Regal Princess in Rome going to Naples, Turkey and Greece please confirm what was needed to board? It appears that a negative test is actually required even though the Greece website says no. We do have tests reserved for day before we board in case. Also, Princess used to say only one booster was required, no matter how many days since you had it but I don't see that anywhere under the Greece section. Do we need a second booster? Our first BOOSTER was back in November, so more than 270 days from our sailing coming up on October 1, but i was going on the fact that is said only one booster was needed. Now I'm not so sure and cannot find the answer, nor does Princess seem to have answers- everything is so confusing! Thanks for any advice you can give me. P.S. All 3 shots I've had have made me very sick so I am not excited to get another one! And yes, I had Covid pretty bad in January 2021 and was hospitalized. Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, pcjmom said:

Also, Princess used to say only one booster was required, no matter how many days since you had it but I don't see that anywhere under the Greece section. Do we need a second booster?

The Greece requirements (below) clearly state that only one booster is required.

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Greece

Updated: August 16, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated
18 and above

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Fully Vaccinated
5 to 17

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Not Fully Vaccinated*

Either not up to date or has not received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series. Please contact us to request a vaccination exemption to be presented upon embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

*Kids 4 years of age and under are welcome to cruise and have no vaccination or test requirements. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results. Test results proctored by video are not accepted.

• Like 2

It used to say "only one booster dose required) but now it does not. The wording they use is so confusing so just wanted to check because my last dose (booster) was more than 270 days ago. Could that not mean another booster is required if it's been longer? Thanks

4 minutes ago, pcjmom said:

It used to say "only one booster dose required) but now it does not. The wording they use is so confusing so just wanted to check because my last dose (booster) was more than 270 days ago. Could that not mean another booster is required if it's been longer? Thanks

It still says "A Booster dose is required," that means only one booster.  It is very clearly stated. 

• Like 1

@pcjmom, 

I just read your posts about boarding the cruise in Rome and you have scheduled a test.  I assume the test will be done in Rome at an in person location?  If so, can you kindly share the info on HOW TO book a Covid Test at Rome?

We got an email from Princess that our Regal transatlantic Rome to Ft Lauderdale is the "Enhanced Guidelines" cruise therefore a negative test result is needed to board the cruise.  So now I have to find out where in Rome to take the test,  or take the test in London, as we would fly from London to Rome the day before the cruise.  (and we would be in Jordan and Egypt before going to London where to spend 4 nights before heading to Rome)

Cant believe now we still need a test to get on a cruise, when the reality has already proven this measure cannot prevent infection happened while onboard.

Edited by nho9504

6 hours ago, pcjmom said:

Can anyone who has recently boarded Regal Princess in Rome going to Naples, Turkey and Greece please confirm what was needed to board? It appears that a negative test is actually required even though the Greece website says no. We do have tests reserved for day before we board in case. Also, Princess used to say only one booster was required, no matter how many days since you had it but I don't see that anywhere under the Greece section. Do we need a second booster? Our first BOOSTER was back in November, so more than 270 days from our sailing coming up on October 1, but i was going on the fact that is said only one booster was needed. Now I'm not so sure and cannot find the answer, nor does Princess seem to have answers- everything is so confusing! Thanks for any advice you can give me. P.S. All 3 shots I've had have made me very sick so I am not excited to get another one! And yes, I had Covid pretty bad in January 2021 and was hospitalized. Thanks! 

You need to get this information directly from Princess and the Italian government and the governments of any other countries you'll be visiting.  Rules and procedures are changing constantly.  You'll need to continue to monitor the official sources of information until you depart.  For example, we're departing out of Quebec in two weeks.  Canada does not require anything except evidence of proper vaccination.  But NCL requires a test to board the ship.  Had I only read the Canadian rules, we'd be outta luck. 

Edited by jsn55
added thought