Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

You will need to show proof of vaccination either uploaded or at embarkation. We always make sure we have visible proof of our cards. If you do not show proof of vaccination then you will need to show proof of a negative test. If you put your voyage number into the health protocol section of the Princess website you will see this requirement

Thank you! One of the problems is when I look up my voyage number (or booking number) on the Cruise Health tool it tells me that no proof of vax or test is required, that the sailing has Standard Protocols. There's also no place in my app to upload anything, no mention of vax or test or anything health-related. But my Cruise Personalizer states that I will need to upload proof of vax or test. Multiple calls to Princess and I haven't gotten any real clear answer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smiller35 said:

Thank you! One of the problems is when I look up my voyage number (or booking number) on the Cruise Health tool it tells me that no proof of vax or test is required, that the sailing has Standard Protocols. There's also no place in my app to upload anything, no mention of vax or test or anything health-related. But my Cruise Personalizer states that I will need to upload proof of vax or test. Multiple calls to Princess and I haven't gotten any real clear answer. 

If you are vaccinated this is not an issue just show your proof at embarkation. Are we to assume that you are not vaccinated and just don’t want to test ?

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you are vaccinated this is not an issue just show your proof at embarkation. Are we to assume that you are not vaccinated and just don’t want to test ?

I'm not vaccinated, and only booked this cruise because no vax or test was required. I'm actually disembarking from another cruise in MIA that morning and hauling up to FLL to catch this cruise. Trying to schedule a covid test in between is not ideal so I'm trying to figure out my options now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smiller35 said:

I'm not vaccinated, and only booked this cruise because no vax or test was required. I'm actually disembarking from another cruise in MIA that morning and hauling up to FLL to catch this cruise. Trying to schedule a covid test in between is not ideal so I'm trying to figure out my options now. 

All cruise lines are dependent on whatever requirements their ports impose. These change constantly. It was not that long ago that tests were required for everyone regardless of vaccination status 

On 12/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, smiller35 said:

I recall testing and vaccination was required when I booked this cruise last June because I was looking to see where I could get a test in Fort L.  This is the wording on my deposit confirmation from Princess:

3. It is the guest's responsibility to check with their travel advisor, the government authorities for the countries visited, and/or medical professionals to determine/verify visa and vaccination requirements and/or recommendations at sailing. Princess assumes no liability for a guest's failure to do so. Failure to present required travel documents, visas, and/or vaccination certificates at cruise check-in will result in denial of boarding without refund of the cruise or cruisetour fare. Visas issued onboard may include a service fee and prices are subject to change. See the Cruise Personalizer and Travel Summary for additional details. Visit the Cruise Answer Place at: www.princess.com/faq/.

Then the rules were changed by Princess on October 21, 2022, that cruising was open to all with no testing or vaccinations required except for specific voyages.  This voyage was not one of them.   Later the rules for this voyage were changed based on Columbia's requirements, but I don't recall exactly when because it's a non-issue for me..  Here's what the cruise planner notification section currently states:

Notifications

COVID-19 VACCINATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS

Please be advised that due to Colombian requirements, guests ages 19 and above on this voyage who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 must produce the results of a negative COVID-19 test at cruise check-in. This may be a PCR test taken within 72 hours of embarkation or a medically observed Antigen test taken within 48 hours of embarkation. Self-tests that are not medically observed are not accepted. Unvaccinated guests ages 18 and younger are not required to test.
No COVID-19 testing is required for guests who are fully vaccinated. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

Edited by SargassoPirate
Enlarge the fine print

31 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

BTW, the CVS on Federal Highway and 17th street in Fort Lauderdale appears to have testing appointments open on the 7th.  

On 12/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, smiller35 said:

Also, Lab Doctor is a quick area to have a covid test in FLL.  Call and verify if they still offer rapid antigen and hours.

https://labdoctor.org

• Like 2

• Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test must be taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Could this be anymore confusing? According to Princess a "self-administered" home test is still one that is observed. I asked if this means I could use the government free Antigen tests that were sent out, and was told NO. I'll stick with my Binax observed test.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 7:05 AM, Yehootu said:
  • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test must be taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Could this be anymore confusing? According to Princess a "self-administered" home test is still one that is observed. I asked if this means I could use the government free Antigen tests that were sent out, and was told NO. I'll stick with my Binax observed test.

Wait…but if I need to take a picture of my self-administered test which includes my ID and a date/time stamp….them why would it also have to be observed/proctored ???

• Like 2

11 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Wait…but if I need to take a picture of my self-administered test which includes my ID and a date/time stamp….them why would it also have to be observed/proctored ???

Where did you find this info? We decided to just wait it out till closer to sailing date. I'd like to think that  passengers would do the self-administered test honestly, but there's those that might not. Why even require a test? All I'd like is a hard answer which is hard to get from Princess.

19 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Where did you find this info? We decided to just wait it out till closer to sailing date. I'd like to think that  passengers would do the self-administered test honestly, but there's those that might not. Why even require a test? All I'd like is a hard answer which is hard to get from Princess.

UPDATED: What are the testing requirements for enhanced guidelines voyages?

For voyages departing from the U.S., Chile and Vancouver, all guests 5 and older must provide a medically assisted or self-administered Antigen home test or PCR within 3 days before departure.

For voyages departing, arriving or visiting Australia, all guests 2 and older must provide medically assisted or self-administered Antigen home test within 24 hours or PCR within 48 hours.

UPDATED: What is acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for enhanced guidelines voyages?

We require all guests to complete the OceanReady steps via the MedallionClass App as part of the pre-travel process. On enhanced guidelines voyages this includes a “Wellness Check” with COVID-19 requirements and documentation. You will need to attest you have received a negative COVID-19 test result and upload a photo to prove your negative result, provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status and to complete the health declaration. Once complete and all details & documents have been verified, you will receive 'Green Lane Ready’ status on the app, which you will need to present at the cruise terminal.

Please ensure you have digital or physical copies of your negative COVID-19 test result and proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status to present at the cruise terminal.

Sorry...missed this part

For guests who have completed a pre-departure self-test:

1. The guest must take one (1) photo which shows the guest’s negative test result next to the guest’s government issued photo ID; and date and time taken.
  2. The guest must carry photo of the negative test result (or have access to it on their mobile phone) and show it upon request at the terminal.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Sorry...missed this part

For guests who have completed a pre-departure self-test:

1. The guest must take one (1) photo which shows the guest’s negative test result next to the guest’s government issued photo ID; and date and time taken.
  2. The guest must carry photo of the negative test result (or have access to it on their mobile phone) and show it upon request at the terminal.

That spells it out. Mahalo

• 2 weeks later...

On the Majestic Princess out of Sydney on February 11.  I believe that I saw a post on Facebook that in addition to the pre-cruise COVID test requirement for cruises on Majestic Princess out of Sydney that they are now conducting a COVID test the 2nd day of cruise.  Is this correct?

15 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

On the Majestic Princess out of Sydney on February 11.  I believe that I saw a post on Facebook that in addition to the pre-cruise COVID test requirement for cruises on Majestic Princess out of Sydney that they are now conducting a COVID test the 2nd day of cruise.  Is this correct?

Everyone on any cruise should be prepared for testing at any time based on circumstances on board

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

We are on the Coral Princess Around Australia cruise for 28 days in April so I have been following the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/.  I saw this on various Majestic threads and Coral threads in the last few months.  I am expecting that in April (and maybe more than one extra test given the length of the cruise).

8 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

According to all the passenger accounts I’ve seen, they are having everyone do a RAT test on day 2 out of Sydney on the longer cruises. I’m on the cruise starting the 11th too. Fully expecting that we will have to do a RAT on board. 

We are trying to make sure we aren’t going anywhere to get COVID in that week before the trip. Also will be wearing masks pretty much everywhere that week before. I want to enjoy my trip and be able to be out and about. 

• Like 1

Just read this in the local Hawaii newspaper.  It might help clarifying entry (by air) into Japan for the Diamond Princess cruises starting this spring.

Japan last fall stopped requiring COVID-19 tests for entrants who had at least three shots — part of the country’s careful easing of measures after virtually closing its borders to foreign tourists for about two years.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2023/01/19/breaking-news/japan-to-lower-covid-19-to-flu-status-further-easing-rules/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

According to all the passenger accounts I’ve seen, they are having everyone do a RAT test on day 2 out of Sydney on the longer cruises. I’m on the cruise starting the 11th too. Fully expecting that we will have to do a RAT on board. 

We are trying to make sure we aren’t going anywhere to get COVID in that week before the trip. Also will be wearing masks pretty much everywhere that week before. I want to enjoy my trip and be able to be out and about. 

Covid is a real stinker and you do not know when it will hit you. Incubation can be up to 15 days. Sadly, this is why we cancelled our Transpacific. It is very stressful to test after flying 15  hours to a foreign country and then testing in the appropriate time frame before boarding. We had planned to arrive 3 days before boarding so the time frame was crazy.

• Like 1

Hello all! We are on Enchanted Princess for 14 days departing Rome, Italy on 4/22/2023.  We are fully vaccinated and have each had 3 boosters (and might get another booster for the latest variant of Omicron before we leave the US on April 15th - undecided on that). We are going to be in Rome for 6 days (on our own - not through Princess) before the cruise departs. Does anyone know if we will have to have a Covid test before we board in Civitevecchia port? Or do we just self attest on the app at this point? If we do have to have a test, can it be a self test or does a medical facility in Rome have to administer the test? Thanks if anyone can protocol as it stands today. I know things can change before we leave in mid April!  

14 minutes ago, Koliver63 said:

Hello all! We are on Enchanted Princess for 14 days departing Rome, Italy on 4/22/2023.  We are fully vaccinated and have each had 3 boosters (and might get another booster for the latest variant of Omicron before we leave the US on April 15th - undecided on that). We are going to be in Rome for 6 days (on our own - not through Princess) before the cruise departs. Does anyone know if we will have to have a Covid test before we board in Civitevecchia port? Or do we just self attest on the app at this point? If we do have to have a test, can it be a self test or does a medical facility in Rome have to administer the test? Thanks if anyone can protocol as it stands today. I know things can change before we leave in mid April!  

Again put your voyage number into the Princess health tool and you will get the current protocol or they will tell you it is not decided yet

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

Again put your voyage number into the Princess health tool and you will get the current protocol or they will tell you it is not decided yet

Thanks for the reply! So far - on the Cruise Health Tool - for Enchanted Princess, it only shows 2 voyages which are in  March. So maybe they haven’t decided yet for April or haven’t posted yet? But we will keep checking! 

10 minutes ago, Koliver63 said:

Thanks for the reply! So far - on the Cruise Health Tool - for Enchanted Princess, it only shows 2 voyages which are in  March. So maybe they haven’t decided yet for April or haven’t posted yet? But we will keep checking! 

Those 2 Enchanted cruises shown are enhanced voyages Transatlantic.

Yours does not look like an enhanced voyage. So, you would go by the rules for sailing from the EU on the Princess website. Check the countries your visiting also, the cruise health tool and cruise personalizer for any updates.

Also, I noticed they listed the Enhanced Voyage in the Princess App wellness check.  It directs you to the wellness form and upload of documents required.  You might check that too.

Check with your roll call and your TA/CVP.  

4 hours ago, Koliver63 said:

You’ve got awhile to go. Don’t even get excited

• LauraS unpinned this topic