Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

12 hours ago, nho9504 said:

@pcjmom, 

I just read your posts about boarding the cruise in Rome and you have scheduled a test.  I assume the test will be done in Rome at an in person location?  If so, can you kindly share the info on HOW TO book a Covid Test at Rome?

We got an email from Princess that our Regal transatlantic Rome to Ft Lauderdale is the "Enhanced Guidelines" cruise therefore a negative test result is needed to board the cruise.  So now I have to find out where in Rome to take the test,  or take the test in London, as we would fly from London to Rome the day before the cruise.  (and we would be in Jordan and Egypt before going to London where to spend 4 nights before heading to Rome)

Cant believe now we still need a test to get on a cruise, when the reality has already proven this measure cannot prevent infection happened while onboard.

We booked through a website. Am I allowed to share it here? It's a tour website that offers the test as an option. LMK and I'll be happy to share the link. 🙂

40 minutes ago, pcjmom said:

We booked through a website. Am I allowed to share it here? It's a tour website that offers the test as an option. LMK and I'll be happy to share the link. 🙂

If it's something like a port tour company, sure.  If it is a travel agency for booking cruises, then no.

• Like 1

I was just reading the guidelines from 9/8.  Did they do away with pre-cruise testing for cruises over 16 days (except for enhanced guidelines voyages).  We hope so, going on a 20 day Caribbean cruise in January on Enchanted and we really don't want to go through the idiotic testing again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, versuco said:

I was just reading the guidelines from 9/8.  Did they do away with pre-cruise testing for cruises over 16 days (except for enhanced guidelines voyages).  We hope so, going on a 20 day Caribbean cruise in January on Enchanted and we really don't want to go through the idiotic testing again!

Same cruises! (I think and agree). But read further. Under the FAQs look at the question re: B2B. Looks like they’re still reserving the right to test you midway.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Same cruises! (I think and agree). But read further. Under the FAQs look at the question re: B2B. Looks like they’re still reserving the right to test you midway.

We will see what happens!  We did not book 2 - 10 day back to back cruises.  We booked a 20 day cruise, one reservation number.  I don't understand their testing policy for the Panama Canal transits either.  We are going on a 21 day NCL cruise from Seattle to Miami next month, no testing is required.

Edited by versuco
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, versuco said:

We will see what happens!  We did not book 2 - 10 day back to back cruises.  We booked a 20 day cruise, one reservation number.  I don't understand their testing policy for the Panama Canal transits either.  We are going on a 21 day NCL cruise from Seattle to Miami next month, no testing is required.

I'm not sure that the testing requirement is for the Panama Canal transit itself.  These full transits usually include a stop in Cartagena, Colombia to comply with the PVSA.  There is a test requirement for Cartagena.  See screen shot from NCL site.

Screenshot_20220910-060751_Chrome.jpg

Edited by d9704011

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I'm not sure that the testing requirement is for the Panama Canal transit itself.  These full transits usually include a stop in Cartagena, Colombia to comply with the PVSA.  There is a test requirement for Cartagena.  See screen shot from NCL site.

Screenshot_20220910-060751_Chrome.jpg

Cartagena is our final port.  I wonder if NCL is going to test everyone on the ship prior to our visit.  

7 minutes ago, versuco said:

Cartagena is our final port.  I wonder if NCL is going to test everyone on the ship prior to our visit.  

Your final port?  How does that work?

Why would NCL test everybody onboard when the instruction(s) indicate a pre-embarkation test?

21 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Your final port?  How does that work?

Why would NCL test everybody onboard when the instruction(s) indicate a pre-embarkation test?

I read that as 2 days before we embarked at Cartagena.  Doesn't make much sense to test up to 20 days before our stop in Cartagena, especially when we will be stopping at 9 other ports before we get there.  But then again, a lot doesn't make sense with these Covid protocols.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, versuco said:

I just re-read the protocols for Columbia.  If you are fully vaccinated, which we are, a test prior to embarkation is not required.  So no testing for us. 🙂

Yes, you are correct.  I made a mistake on that for fully vaccinated pax.

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

All this vaccination/testing is confusing.  I wish all cruise lines would get together and just have one set of protocols.  We have 6 cruises booked right now with 4 different lines, it's hard to keep everything straight in my brain!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

That's what we thought too about embarking in Quebec ten days from now.  Canada requires no test for vaxed pax, but NCL requires it to board the ship.  The timing couldn't be worse, it's a 72-hour deadline and we're arriving in Quebec 3 nights before the cruise.  So instead of enjoying that wonderful city, we'll be searching for a place to test.  And I suspect that finding one will be quite the challenge.  REALLY annoying ... we just keep jumping through hoops to travel.  NCL should offer the test at the pier the day of boarding if they're so concerned about the virus.  I'd rather wait an hour before boarding than chase around Quebec trying to get a test.

• Like 1

@jsn55 As others have stated, it is the Canadian government requiring the test and not the cruise line. We will embark in Vancouver, BC this Wednesday and will test the two days prior with the antigen test.

We planned this so we could test at home on Monday before driving to Vancouver the day before embarkation.

I feel your frustration as we tested in our London hotel last May. The hotel staff were fabulous as was their WiFi (used our IPhones). They printed out our results as well as e-mailed them to us.

4 hours ago, jsn55 said:

That's what we thought too about embarking in Quebec ten days from now.  Canada requires no test for vaxed pax, but NCL requires it to board the ship.  The timing couldn't be worse, it's a 72-hour deadline and we're arriving in Quebec 3 nights before the cruise.  So instead of enjoying that wonderful city, we'll be searching for a place to test.  And I suspect that finding one will be quite the challenge.  REALLY annoying ... we just keep jumping through hoops to travel.  NCL should offer the test at the pier the day of boarding if they're so concerned about the virus.  I'd rather wait an hour before boarding than chase around Quebec trying to get a test.

It's likely they allow a video-monitored test. We've used them a few times. Takes about twenty minutes for each person. Here's a link to the online site for purchase: Royal Caribbean COVID-19 Tests | Optum Store

Don't sweat that it says Royal Caribbean. The tests are the same for each cruise line. 

HTH,

Kevin

6 hours ago, kml246 said:

It's likely they allow a video-monitored test. We've used them a few times. Takes about twenty minutes for each person. Here's a link to the online site for purchase: Royal Caribbean COVID-19 Tests | Optum Store

Don't sweat that it says Royal Caribbean. The tests are the same for each cruise line. 

HTH,

Kevin

Thanks for this, but I am not the slightest bit confident that I can do anything with a video test at all, especially from a hotel.  We'd be much more comfortable getting tested somewhere where they know what they're doing, unlike me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Thanks for this, but I am not the slightest bit confident that I can do anything with a video test at all, especially from a hotel.  We'd be much more comfortable getting tested somewhere where they know what they're doing, unlike me. 

We were able to do it easily from a condo in Aruba back in May. Can't imagine that you can't do the same from a hotel in Canada...

20 hours ago, kml246 said:

HTH,

Kevin

I thought Canada DOES require a test?  It's not Princess.

15 hours ago, jsn55 said:

No worries, you need to do what's best for you. We have done it from hotels - just this July in Southampton - and it worked fine. Hopefully you will find an in-person test convenient for you. 

Kevin