"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

38 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

We just got our negative test also.

The Enchanted will also be in port on Sunday. Anyone know which pier the Caribbean P will be at?

Both ships will be right next to each other.

The Enchanted will be at 2, and the Caribbean will be at 4.

IMG_0138.thumb.jpg.2fbed94a2210eb7f931a6de76dca57bf.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, glfgrljules said:

Well crap. My son tested positive. I’m trying to maybe rebook for next month. Should I do Sky Princess, or CP?

I’m sorry about your son, hope he’s feeling okay and stays that way.  We sailed Sky Princess last month and had a lovely time - highly recommended.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. My kiddo is feeling pretty lousy (he is fully vaxxed). I’m sure glad we tested before we got on the plane! I rebooked for Feb 6. Fingers crossed!! 

Eric- how do you get all of your information on the ship? I will be very curious about my new sailing. 

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise! As I sit here, quarantined, I will be living vicariously through you all. So please post lots of updates 😉 Bon Voyage 

8 hours ago, glfgrljules said:

Eric- how do you get all of your information on the ship? I will be very curious about my new sailing

Passenger numbers came from a friend on board.

Berth assignment came from the Port Everglades app.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We both just tested negative!

Time to start packing!

Its too late to pack. Just throw a toothbrush, tooth paste, a shaving kit, meds , a bathing suit and one pair of reversible underwear in a bookbag and you'll be fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will be disembarking tomorrow after a very relaxing cruise and hope you all have a great cruise too.

The CD announced tonight that your cruise will have ‘about’ the same number of passengers (upper 900s).  

Here are some of the procedures on our cruise with that many passengers:

Two not three MDRs were open.  The Island (deck 5 midship) is open only for dinner.  The Coral (deck 6 midship) served all 3 meals plus mid afternoon tea.

Princess theater had only one show per night at 9 pm.  The excellent show band played in other venues too as did a singer and pianist duet.

Pay attention to port disembarkation instructions.  They will include warnings if you need a government ID to disembark and/or reboard, if you need to bring your vaccination card to show at the port and/or in certain businesses and if there are restrictions on disembarking with food.

Be prepared for some shortages. We experienced some wine out of stock, no small bottles of vodka in the elite minibar, no edamame for salads and a couple of other items.  None were, in our opinion, a big deal.  On the other hand the beef (prime rib, tenderloin, beef Wellington, and filet) was wonderful.

That’s all I can think of now.  Enjoy the crew, the ship and the ports!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

It looks like last minute cancellations have been strong.

Earlier in the week, the expected passenger count was around 1500.

A crew member just told me this morning that the count will be closer to 800.

Wow. That’s a lot. 

Looking forward to your posts. We are doing the same itinerary in two weeks. 

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Wow. The covid virus really has cut back on the number of cruisers.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

That is just amazing. Asuming I get out of the yellow lane and on the ship say hello to the tall guy in a Packers polo shirt! 

• Like 1

This morning a member of the customer service staff was working the elite, platinum and suites disembarkation lounge.  I heard her talking to another couple who asked whether many passengers decided to stay on for the next cruise.  She said there was a steady line yesterday and even this morning people were signing up.  No mention of what kind of deals they might be offering.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, suekel said:

Hubby just tested negative.  The positives from the funeral we went to on Tuesday are starting to roll in.  Hubby and I were the only ones masked. Now a few last minute errands before our flight tomorrow at noon. Good forecast all the way. 

Wow!! And to think there are those who say "masks don't work".

• Like 4

Just had breakfast at our hotel,  taking the 10:30 shuttle. They'll stop at the other ships too so we should be there to board at 11:30. Going to put our names and hope they do a Chef's Table. Wish the sun would come out!

• Like 1