Vision cancelled

ssb

Vision is currently a crew quarantine and transfer ship and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.  I’m currently on Freedom and we met Vision at CocoCay yesterday and moved positive crew to Vision and got some who had completed their quarantine back.

9 minutes ago, Anton said:

Vision is currently a crew quarantine and transfer ship and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.  I’m currently on Freedom and we met Vision at CocoCay yesterday and moved positive crew to Vision and got some who had completed their quarantine back.

What a hassle for the crew, I feel bad for them. Trying to dodge Covid. Can't be pleasant knowing if you catch it and then where you are heading for the sick bay on Royal's Mercy and Comfort Ships

Edited by Jimbo

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Look like Rhapsody's TA will also be put off for some time - she was due to leave for the Med today.

That fact that they need 2 ships to quarantine crew leads to believe there are more cases than what's being reported. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

That fact that they need 2 ships to quarantine crew leads to believe there are more cases than what's being reported. 

One ship, the Rhapsody, is based down around St. Maarten.  The vision is based in FLL and Coco Cay.  That way they cover two diverse areas and don't have to cruise around picking up the crew with covid.

• Like 2

At least part of the reason for 2 ships is location. Vision has been swapping crew at Coco Cay and Rhapsody at St Maarten. That allows them to get crew off / on quickly rather than keeping them on the ship for several days.

• Like 1

Not sure the volume is the issue (needing two ships), but the logistics to transfer the infected crew - they've been doing it along the usual route of the ships. Having to divert a ship just to off load is probably an issue trying to keep the normal itinerary.

• Like 2

Just now, danceswithphones said:

Jewel is currently headed to Miami from Aruba and Marine Traffic isn't picking up the transponder. 

Use a site like cruisemapper instead, which uses sat location in addition to land based AIS - she's moving right along.

• Like 1

We were booked on the February 25th cruise on Vision of the Seas.  I did not pitch a fit when they cancelled it, didn't blame Royal Caribbean.  I just booked on Celebrity Silohette for the same dates going to the same places except Labadee which I am happy about.  No sweat. Even going out of the same port.  Now hoping all will go well with that ship.  We will see. 

1 hour ago, shipmate13 said:

We were booked on the February 25th cruise on Vision of the Seas.  I did not pitch a fit when they cancelled it, didn't blame Royal Caribbean.  I just booked on Celebrity Silohette for the same dates going to the same places except Labadee which I am happy about.  No sweat. Even going out of the same port.  Now hoping all will go well with that ship.  We will see. 

No one on this thread was "pitching a fit", or "blaming" RCCL..........

1 hour ago, shipmate13 said:

Was supposed be Labadee last month, would been my first return in 34yrs

• Like 1

We've had 6 cruises cancelled, including Vision in December and Rhapsody in February. It is depressing. We took refunds on everything, and we are remodeling the kitchen. We still have Navigator cruises in April and September. But we aren't booking anything else.

I think the most disappointing part was thinking that we were booking far enough in advance that we would surely be over this by then, but then it just keeps going on and on. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think the most disappointing part was thinking that we were booking far enough in advance that we would surely be over this by then, but then it just keeps going on and on. :classic_smile:

Especially disappointing since it seemed to be getting off to a good start at the beginning. 

• Thanks 1