Sailings cancelled

jdg623

47 minutes ago, RETCOL said:

If you wouldn't mind my asking, how do you get a full refund AND FCC? I have a B@B booked on Jewel for 15 and 23 Jan and I did not see anything like this offered in the letter or on the website.  Thanks

So you are getting a straight up refund? No offer to at least lift and shift or 125% FCC?

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

On the upside, I am flying to Palm Springs (if covid allows) on Sunday the 16th and I have 3 rounds of golf planned, and hiking at Joshua Tree.  

I live near Joshua Tree, and would not consider that an upside, lol.  (Seriously though, it’s a great place, just less appealing as a destination when you live in the area)

12 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

So you are getting a straight up refund? No offer to at least lift and shift or 125% FCC?

The refund and FCC were only offered to three sailings, if I’m remembering correctly.  Sailings for this weekend, the 8th and 9th.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

The refund and FCC were only offered to three sailings, if I’m remembering correctly.  Sailings for this weekend, the 8th and 9th.

Sounds fair considering the last minute inconvenience and potential cost of travel cancellation or people already near port. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Our themed music cruise on Independence Jan 24-29 is cancelled. 2nd year of not going!😒

but is that ship still sailing, or just theme group cruise cancelled on it?

Edited by Jimbo

Maybe Royal is also trying to thin the herd at some ports, like Cozumel, so they can move over remaining ships.  Will be interesting to see if our 16 Jan Harmony ports change as the itinerary still shows PR and St Thomas in addition to Coco Cay.

7 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Maybe Royal is also trying to thin the herd at some ports, like Cozumel, so they can move over remaining ships.  Will be interesting to see if our 16 Jan Harmony ports change as the itinerary still shows PR and St Thomas in addition to Coco Cay.

Watching also.  

So disappointed my B2B on JW for Jan 23 and 28th was cancelled.  For a hot minute I thought about rebooking on BR for Jan 22nd, so I can go NOW, but I didn't want to set myself up for another disappointment.  Rebooked for Dec 2022.

Now keeping my fingers crossed this clears up before my WN inaugural in March!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

In my letter from RCCL, I was offered EITHER a full refund OR a FCC. Not both, I haven't decided which to take yet. There was nothing mentioned about lift and shift.

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

I live near Joshua Tree, and would not consider that an upside, lol.  (Seriously though, it’s a great place, just less appealing as a destination when you live in the area)

How are things in the high desert ?  I lived in 29 Palms in the early 80s !

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

OB, on my computer here in my office, there is a video playing of me and others riding the FlowRider less than a month ago on the Allure.  I am wishing I was there even standing in line waiting my turn.  

I am thinking of shifting my October cruises to 2023, and I am thinking of booking the Adventure out of Galveston, going 13 nights to Cape Liberty at the end of April.  If the cruise was ending anywhere else I would probably already have booked it.   😂

We are all going to get Covid eventually, I am tripled vaxed and I have no illusion about it.  

I'm not worried about getting covid. I have plenty of confidence in my immune system. It has served me well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Watching also.  

They just changed us from from  St. Kitts to St. Maarten.  So we are back to the exact same itinerary as last week...errr....assuming we actually make St. Thomas this time.  

Still...when I originally booked the B2B, this second week was supposed to be western.  😞 

42 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

How are things in the high desert ?  I lived in 29 Palms in the early 80s !

I don’t go out much, but pretty much the same as ever.  A bit cold at the moment (you know the wind we get with that winter bite that is not a typical so cal thing).  We don’t seem to be having crazy high numbers like some places, but testing is still hard to come by.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What's the morale like onboard? Crew and Passengers? Does it feel like another cruise is upcoming or do things feel like things onboard are about ready to be shut down?

Crew morale on the floor. 
They have been calling for a temporary shut down reset for weeks. 

RCI HQ Miami totally could not care less for crew welfare. Only interested in their bottom line. Management up have zero interest in the welfare of their employees at sea. Just get money onto that bottom line. Hence the disaster they face now. 

My source - my other half. An officer on Symphony right now. 

1 minute ago, Teknodude said:

RCI HQ Miami totally could not care less for crew welfare. Only interested in their bottom line. Management up have zero interest in the welfare of their employees at sea. Just get money onto that bottom line. Hence the disaster they face now. 

Sorry to hear that. Richard Fain was a people person, who was really fond of his employees. I can imagine he wasn't happy where things were going.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

So then what happens if they completely shut down again?  Does everyone still get full pay?  Without being able to operate and generate income they will not be able to continue to pay their employees.  Unfortunately it has been a very difficult 2 years for a lot of people.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Sorry to hear that. Richard Fain was a people person, who was really fond of his employees. I can imagine he wasn't happy where things were going.

I wrote it up on another thread about Symphony, but the way crew are expected to live now is nothing short of a tin pot regime. My partner says staff are quitting as quick as going down with covid. 

My partner says - we can’t be expected to live day in day out for months like this. Crew are just losing the will. And that translates to bad guest experiences which no one wants. Especially the crew. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

So then what happens if they completely shut down again?  Does everyone still get full pay?  Without being able to operate and generate income they will not be able to continue to pay their employees.  Unfortunately it has been a very difficult 2 years for a lot of people.

What happens to my business when I don’t have enough customers buying my product to pay my bills. I fire people. The state helps by letting me furlough staff. 
If that isn’t enough, I have to close down. Shut up shop. 

I pay corporation tax in the USA so luckily I do receive some federal state aid. 

why should any business be better or more worthy than mine? Especially ones who incorporate in Liberia to avoid taxation.

Business is business. If you can’t afford to operate. Go bankrupt. Let someone else come in have a go.  

• Like 1