Favorite mascara?

shipgeeks

I have been really liking Lash Princess Sculpted Volume Mascara from Amazon. It's Paraben Free and Cruelty Free and only $4.99! I have short, pale lashes and need mascara to look awake. This one works great, washes off well (they have a waterproof version too), and it's not expensive.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I have been really liking Lash Princess Sculpted Volume Mascara from Amazon. It's Paraben Free and Cruelty Free and only $4.99! I have short, pale lashes and need mascara to look awake. This one works great, washes off well (they have a waterproof version too), and it's not expensive.

Thank you.  I ended up getting this, and I do like it.

Just back from our first cruise in two years, and I learned something interesting.

Over the two years, most of the women I saw were on tv, not live, so I developed a really distorted image of makeup!  Enormous fake eyelashes, 17 layers of shadow, etc.  Meeting live women on the cruise, I was able to return to reality.  Even glammed up in the evening, there were few fake eyelashes, just nicely well-presented women.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Just back from our first cruise in two years, and I learned something interesting.

Over the two years, most of the women I saw were on tv, not live, so I developed a really distorted image of makeup!  Enormous fake eyelashes, 17 layers of shadow, etc.  Meeting live women on the cruise, I was able to return to reality.  Even glammed up in the evening, there were few fake eyelashes, just nicely well-presented women.

That's nice to hear!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 7:29 AM, shipgeeks said:

You gotta stop watching The Real Housewives... 😉

I'm looking, too.  I was always doing Blinc mascara.  It didn't have a scent, didn't make my eyes water, one of the first to "tube" the lash.   My local beauty bar doesn't have Blinc anymore.  The Thrive one sounds similar with the tubing, but I've seen a couple of reviews where women's eyes were irritated by it.   

Oh - no Glam Squads allowed onboard!!!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

It sounds like you found something you like...that's great!

My standby drugstore brand is Cover Girl Super Sizer...it works so well for me, but unfortunately I have started having trouble finding it, so I hope it's not being discontinued.  I stocked up a bit in case.

My standby department store brand is Guerlain Maxi Lash...the brush is very similar to the CG Super Sizer Mascara, so that probably is why it works well for me.

I recently tried Clarins Supra Volume Mascara (in the gold tube), on the recommendation of a friend, and while I liked it...it smudged on me, and I've never had that happen before with mascara.  Dark marks above and below my eyes.  Such a shame, but it was a great mascara.

I bought a tube of the Thrive mascara last night. When it gets here, I'll give it a try and report back.

I had a free trial size of Better Than Sex - it really made my eyes water.  

I only use mascara for a very special occasion, not everyday.  So, I can afford to look around for something.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I did like this, and am now ready to order another.  I notice that their False Lash Effect one is more ready available now.  Have any of you used this?  Any preference of one over the other?

My fav!  I have used the pink  and green since the early 1970s! Once in awhile I try something else but I always end up back to the pink and green.   Most of my cosmetics are fairly high-end department store but I wouldn’t trade my pink and green drug-store mascara for anything else.   I always keep a new one in its package  in my travel cosmetic case ready to go. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, 0106 said:

I have worn contacts since I was 14.  I have tried many in the past 40 years but I always go back to my favorite.  
A0FF7A35-36FE-47EC-846E-E2C141F7405A.thumb.png.4c0dc7dcf6f7d6d9d9d82e2e1c12ef89.png

Same here, can't beat the price and I still think it's the best. I also like Maybelline's define-a-lash lengthening mascara in the green tube, I sometimes prefer that style of applicator. Just depends.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, JanetMarie said:

I guess I'm an ol' fashioned kinda gal.  I still use Maybelline mascara in the pink and green tube!  I put about 3 layers on, giving each layer a couple of minutes to dry.  

YES, this trick is great I do this sometimes also plus what I do to avoid the spider effect is I have a regular lash brush with no mascara. Once the 1st coat dries, I will use my empty lash brush (no product) and comb my lashes out. THEN I apply my next coat, and repeat for the 3rd coat. 🙂 It's a game-changer in my opinion, using the regular lash brush with no product. You can get those as cheap as a dollar at wal-mart or Target OR just wash up an old mascara wand real good, I know ladies who do that I'm just too lazy. I'd rather spend the $1 or $2.

Edited by oyme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have blue eyes, and I use L’Oreal Paris Makeup Voluminous  in Cobalt Blue.  I really love it, and the only place I can find it is on Amazon for $5.50 plus tax.  I have a Prime membership, so no shipping charges.  I looked at Walmart and all their mascaras were twice the price.  Plus, few places carry the cobalt blue.

I have found over the years that blue eyes reflect light and other colors, so when I wear the cobalt blue it pops the blue eyes a little more.

Edited by pcur

On 6/11/2022 at 2:47 AM, ysolde said:

For everyday, I like Lancome Definicils.  One coat is enough to give my lashes definition.  Two coats makes them pop.

Hi, I just bought some Lancome mascara! Hoping it works well. I was cleaning out a cosmetic bag and had 3 old Mascaras in there. Threw them all out. This new one and some new eye shadow should be nice for my next cruise. I fly out next Saturday😀

Oh I will be using the eye make up for evenings.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, I just bought some Lancome mascara! Hoping it works well. I was cleaning out a cosmetic bag and had 3 old Mascaras in there. Threw them all out. This new one and some new eye shadow should be nice for my next cruise. I fly out next Saturday😀

Oh I will be using the eye make up for evenings.

I like the Lancôme mascara

• Like 1

I have used Lancome and liked it. 

I need suggestions for mascara that is waterproof/smudgeproof due to watery eyes often, from allergies, yet comes off fairly easily.

Lately every waterproof mascara I have tried it horrible to get off, even using make-up remover that is for waterproof make-up.  I usually use the Almay eye make-up remover pads but either they have changed their formula or the mascaras I am buying are just harder to remove.

• Like 1

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Lancome mascara.  I have used the defincils but it doesn't give me the look I like.  So I am using the hypnose.  I get the travel size because I don't use make up very often at home.  I know that most make up artists swear by Maybelline great lash but I can't use that.  I'm allergic.  My eyes get red and tear from it.  

• Like 2

I was finally able to give the Thrive mascara a try.  it worked well for me.  no eye irritation at all.  I forgot that it was a "tubing" mascara so i had issues starting to remove it.  But once I noticed that, i was able to remove it by just keep water on them and removing the stuff with my eyes, gently pulling it off.   That's what I had go do with my Blinc mascara.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 6:42 PM, Nebr.cruiser said:

I need suggestions for mascara that is waterproof/smudgeproof due to watery eyes often, from allergies, yet comes off fairly easily.

I have oily eyes, and regular mascara smudges something fierce on me, but tubing mascaras (my go-to is Blinc) don't smudge or run at all, and to remove, you just need warm water and some friction.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...