Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

We’ve just done a lift and shift from Infinity (12th Oct) to Edge (14th Oct). We’re disappointed not to be visiting the ports of our choice but accept that at least we can still cruise. However there was no select dining available so we’ve been assigned to traditional dining. Could anyone who has been on Edge before please explain how this works. Are we stuck in the same dining room every night with repeated menus? What’s the chance of being able to dine elsewhere other than the buffet or pay venues?

Just now, Cat4158 said:

We’ve just done a lift and shift from Infinity (12th Oct) to Edge (14th Oct). We’re disappointed not to be visiting the ports of our choice but accept that at least we can still cruise. However there was no select dining available so we’ve been assigned to traditional dining. Could anyone who has been on Edge before please explain how this works. Are we stuck in the same dining room every night with repeated menus? What’s the chance of being able to dine elsewhere other than the buffet or pay venues?

There are 4 main dining room choices...should not be a problem once on board if you can't reserve now on X website.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

We’re trying to do that too but it appears we paid more for our infinity than the edge will be. Don’t know what L&S will do for us

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

We are on an Infinity sailing next year (April) and it visits Spain and Portugal. Excited about the overnight in Porto as we love the city.

29B51401-FBFF-4080-821B-B6CDF14A9E2F.jpeg

Thx for this DM. Somehow missed it. April doesn't really suit us but will have a look

21 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you know if the TA on Marina is cancelled?  Friends had to pay in full in October last for this cruise...26 days.

As far as I know, so far the Marina is unaffected with cancelations, we are on her in August from Copenhagen to Stockholm.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

Edited by Tarheeler
forgot to insert reply

5 minutes ago, Tarheeler said:

What category did  you book on Edge?  As many of the categories are not the same as on the Infinity, for instance, a 2A on Infinity would transfer to Edge as ?   

We had a 2B and it’s transferred to a E3. They said that was a 1 category upgrade because we had 3 cabins booked together and it was the best way we could still get that. 

We are booked on Silhouette July 30th. I noticed yesterday that several blocks of cabins had suddenly become available. Can’t help wondering if X had been holding these back and released them knowing infinity passengers might want them?  

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

zitsky you are probably correct.  At this point I would only book one of the ships certain to remain in the fleet and guaranteed to sail (like one of the E-Class ships) or perhaps Reflection.

I am fully expecting it to be honest. It was either cancel my booking and lose my OBC or move it to another sailing to keep the OBC.

11 hours ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

I was just looking at a few on Azamara’s site. We were originally booked with them for a med cruise until our daughter decided she wanted to take a cruise with us and Azamara was out of her reach. Since our cruise with her would be duplicating too many ports, we cancelled and booked our Spain and Portugal with Celebrity instead. 

Do you happen to know how things have been going on their ships and if they’ve been having many cancellations like the other lines?  

I've been checking their CC board, and one of the ships (Journey) has just cancelled three months' worth of cruises (Feb-May), supposedly due to low sales.  So far no cancellations on the other ships.

Someone posted they had been quarantined in an ocean view cabin, but that is only quarantine story that has been posted so I'm not sure if that is the company-wide plan, or just because that cruise didn't have any available balcony cabins.

9 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I always enjoyed all those additional fun entertainement on board. I wonder why many people avoid it especially when it is free of charge most of the time. I would enjoy it very much. 

Not sure if you mean the White Night party on board, or the Azamazing Evening off the ship.  We skip the White Night party because we've never enjoyed the food.  On our most recent cruise with Azamara we skipped the Azamazing Evening because it was a repeat of one we'd already attended on another cruise, and didn't think it was that good.

We originally booked Infinity for July 2020, which was lifted&shifted to 2021, which was lifted&shifted to July 2022… but I must say we’re really happy with the alternatives offered. 7 nights on the Edge in July, for less than half of what it costs now? Don’t mind if I do!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quarantined said:

We originally booked Infinity for July 2020, which was lifted&shifted to 2021, which was lifted&shifted to July 2022… but I must say we’re really happy with the alternatives offered. 7 nights on the Edge in July, for less than half of what it costs now? Don’t mind if I do!

We have a B2B booked on Infinity for 2023. I started eyeing up what they might offer us today. We got a really good price on Infinity and to be able to switch that to a new ship would be a bargain.  Would hate to give up my C1 aft balcony though

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

I've been checking their CC board, and one of the ships (Journey) has just cancelled three months' worth of cruises (Feb-May), supposedly due to low sales.  So far no cancellations on the other ships.

Someone posted they had been quarantined in an ocean view cabin, but that is only quarantine story that has been posted so I'm not sure if that is the company-wide plan, or just because that cruise didn't have any available balcony cabins.

I had noticed that too about the journey. One of the cruises we’ve been looking at doesn’t currently have a roll call set up. Not sure if that’s a lack of bookings on the cruise (although rooms look to be almost sold out In two of the categories) or simply because it’s still nearly a year away. 

2 hours ago, pinebro said:

Lift and shift positive results! We switched 7nt Venice roundtrip on Infinity

for 9nt Venice to Rome on Constellation. 2nts free&$300 less. Happy Camper!

Congratulations!

It's very different for us - we'd lose days ( 8 or 10 instead of 11), would save a few $ ( not many) but have to agree to the most boring itineraries possible. As we paid with FFCs we even can't switch to another cruise line which we'd do in a heartbeat otherwise. I'd really wish Celebrity would be more forthcoming in regard to keeping their disappointed customers happy.

I remember very fondly the opposite view of how to treat loyal customers - Holland America some time ago cancelled a cruise - I was able to choose another ship and itinerary freely and had a wonderful time on the Prinsendam the year before she was sold...

I'll have to find out now how long our FCCs - originally out of 2019 - will be valid now.As far as I remember they must be used in 2022. But as we want to stay in European waters this year , prices in general are high compared with some other cruise lines, and we have already booked three more cruises this year filling up holiday time in summer and fall I'm at a bit of a loss. If only the choices we're offered were bit more customer-friendly instead of being restricted to blah...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, grayjay said:

Congratulations!

It's very different for us - we'd lose days ( 8 or 10 instead of 11), would save a few $ ( not many) but have to agree to the most boring itineraries possible. As we paid with FFCs we even can't switch to another cruise line which we'd do in a heartbeat otherwise. I'd really wish Celebrity would be more forthcoming in regard to keeping their disappointed customers happy.

I remember very fondly the opposite view of how to treat loyal customers - Holland America some time ago cancelled a cruise - I was able to choose another ship and itinerary freely and had a wonderful time on the Prinsendam the year before she was sold...

I'll have to find out now how long our FCCs - originally out of 2019 - will be valid now.As far as I remember they must be used in 2022. But as we want to stay in European waters this year , prices in general are high compared with some other cruise lines, and we have already booked three more cruises this year filling up holiday time in summer and fall I'm at a bit of a loss. If only the choices we're offered were bit more customer-friendly instead of being restricted to blah...

Blah was my reaction to the L&S options Celebrity presented.  One was exciting (Greece and Turkey) until I realized it didn’t go to Istanbul.  Say what?

7 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Voluntary_Suspension_of_Cruising.html

Lift and shift options now listed here for Infinity.  Just got off the phone and ended up with an October 10 night Edge to  Italy/France w/Barcelona to replace our October 9 night Spain/Portugal - lost our itinerary for Spain/Portugual which was unique and our cabin location now kinda sucks because I had an oversized OV booking right when they opened this one.   However, 10 nights on Edge for the same price?  OK, I'll take it!  And we will still do a pre-stay in Madrid and Barcelona to salvage that part.

Wow run on sentences but I have to get to work, promised that I would update when I got through!  Thanks all and I hope that things work out for all that can.

Hey @middlehaitch - I guess I'm not going to Gibraltar after all... HAHA

• Haha 1