The Daily for Friday 01/14/2022

richwmn

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sochi is gorgeous.

Graham.

Thank you Graham; she is a Flame Point Ragdoll  with a teeny tiny voice and a lovely personality, who came to us as a rescue.  I don't know how she ever ended up out in the countryside by herself, but someone found her and turned her into the Street Cat Rescue group in our city.  She's been a member of our family since 2012 and we absolutely love her.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dobiemom I am so sorry about your non cruise.

48 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

@dobiemomsorry your cruise was cancelled. Hopefully you can get one booked again soon.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@dobiemom sorry about your cruise cancellation. That is really short notice.  At least you did not get on a plane and fly to the port.

Thanks. I have 3 cruises on the books: plus a camping trip, and a trip to Vegas. So I’m still taking time for myself. 
Yes @Cruzin Terri it’s good that I wasn’t on my way there. I had booked the flight myself but the hotel through NCL. I would have been homeless when I landed. 😱

@jimgevMy thoughts exactly. 

1 hour ago, jimgev said:

I appreciate Rich's post about today being the anniversary of the ratification of the Treaty of PAris. In many ways, that was the true birth date of the US.

• Like 22

Good morning to all. It’s a sad but celebratory day for me as today is my dear sister’s memorial service. With the surge of Covid, airline cancellations and unknown weather conditions I elected not to attend. At first I was pretty guilt ridden but I have come to accept my decision and so has my nephew. If it had been me neither my sister or recently departed BIL would have been able to attend my service. So today I celebrate my sister’s wonderful life and the many contributions she endowed here on earth. I’m the last of my family and every day I count my Blessings for the wonderful family I grew up in. RIP Sis!❤️

It’s a cool 45 this morning but Alexus tells me it will reach a scorching 65 today!

I have eaten the whole eel while I was stationed in Europe. Good!

Continued prayers for all and thanks Rich and all contributors.

Have a grand weekend.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 5

My post this morning never got posted before I went out for my walk.  Not sure if it was CC or operator error.

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  No pets.  Been trying to organize my home for a while.  I'll pass on the kite and drew a blank on the meal.  I love the quote but have not been to Stornoway.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Marshhawk with new illness and doctor issue
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
Cruises cancelled for Heartgrove and dobiemom
Tana in hospital with poor prognosis
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
StLouisCruisers DD recovering from Tennis Elbow surgery
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise.
Recovery for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgery
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice and cancelling cruise
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers        
Carnival Group  hospital ships Noordam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
summer slope (1/29)sassy~one (1/29 ,bobpatj ( 1/29), and  Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to1/16),  GTVCRUISER Koningsdam to 1/16) and boytje (Millennium to 1/17) at sea
Successful MOHS for Norseh2o’s 102 yo DM
Progress for luvteaching DH
Tana breathing better
New work for marshhawk
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 8

38 minutes ago, summer slope said:

@Seasick Sailorsre you two ok?  We haven’t seen you. 

Goodness. I thought I saw you yesterday! I went to several Trivias and we hung out on deck 10 by N.Y. Deli. There was a nice breeze and I have been plowing thru my latest book. Dinner was in Rudi's but tonight is MDR. Hope to see you there!

Thank you for thinking of us.

• Like 20

Good morning friends!  It was a stay at home day for exercise earlier.  Check off 2.5 miles today.✔️

This week DH got a new "toy" for us to play with.  It's a total gym machine so it's basically to take the place of some of the weight machines we use at our nearby community gym.  We've placed it in the lower level sunroom along with our treadmill and our vintage 1990's Nordictrack cross country ski machine.  I have never mastered cross country skiing but DH was pretty good at it.  So now it looks like we have converted the sunroom to a gym now.  

I haven't heard from DD this morning but when I talked on the phone with her last evening she sounded good.  However the photo she posted on her Instagram account of her swollen hand next to the other hand is scary!  Twice the size!  She said her headache was gone and she has some pain but it is not worse than pre-surgery pain.  She doesn't like the way the meds make her feel so is using them sparingly and taking a Benadryl each time.  I told her if she didn't hear from the nurse today she should call in to report.  Thanks for asking about her and including her on your list, Roy.  She had the carpal tunnel and tennis elbow surgeries separately two years ago on her right arm, but this time they did both surgeries at the same time.  Pretty brave of her.

Nope, haven't been to Stornoway, Scotland but would love to go.  Dress up your pet day is interesting.  I've seen some wild outfits out there!  But @ger_77your Sochi is adorable in her Santa hat.  And a beautiful cat even without an outfit.  Nice to have kite day but I would think spring would work out better to celebrate it.  Organizing our home is something we all have to work hard on.  Somehow everything seems to get in a jumble all on its own, doesn't it?  We don't have much clutter but I could spend a lot of time just organizing drawers if I wanted to.  As for the quote, I think it's a good one.  It's not that hard to make a friend.  No thanks to the menu suggestion, the drink of the day, or the red wine.  Not my favorite varietal.

It was good to get the report on Jacqui.  She really has her hands full right now.  Our good wishes and many prayers go out to her, Jose, Miko and Marley and those doctors working to help Jose regain his health.  Good thoughts for Tana as well today.  I hope all on the Care list start getting better right away.  Cheers to those celebrating something.  Enjoy those cruises everyone and have a great day!

• Like 30

44 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

So today I celebrate my sister’s wonderful life and the many contributions she endowed here on earth. I’m the last of my family and every day I count my Blessings for the wonderful family I grew up in. RIP Sis!❤️

My condolences.

• Like 20

putThank you @ger_77 for the update on Jacqui,Jose and the doggies. There certainly  is a lot for her to deal with  and I hope things start to look better soon..

Fred the resident dog would never consent to dressing  up.. I have had eels and would not go out of my way for them.I have only seen the port when watching "Shetland " on PBS. 

The weather people have sent my fellow citizens  into a frenzy with reports of ice,snow and lots if it.We visited the local grocery store  early  today and had lots of company.I love to be nosy and see what others place in their carts.  I decided to make DH happy with meat loaf and twice baked potatoes. I am not sure what the vegetarian  option will be.

Terry

• Like 26

51 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning to all. It’s a sad but celebratory day for me as today is my dear sister’s memorial service. With the surge of Covid, airline cancellations and unknown weather conditions I elected not to attend. At first I was pretty guilt ridden but I have come to accept my decision and so has my nephew. If it had been me neither my sister or recently departed BIL would have been able to attend my service. So today I celebrate my sister’s wonderful life and the many contributions she endowed here on earth. I’m the last of my family and every day I count my Blessings for the wonderful family I grew up in. RIP Sis!❤️

It’s a cool 45 this morning but Alexus tells me it will reach a scorching 65 today!

Continued prayers for all and thanks Rich and all contributors.

Have a grand weekend.

Condolences  on the loss of your sister and prayers for your family.It has to be hard to be the last  one.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

So sorry for your loss. And take care of yourself.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, nancynana9950 said:

@ger_77what a beautiful cat! This pretty girl is coming to stay with us along with our daughter for a week in February. She’s a Norwegian Forest cat, a rescue too. I am looking forward to it-DH not so much. The cat, not the daughter 😆E90CE07F-22D4-45DF-9DAC-A9813F104341.thumb.jpeg.158812fc6ec0ad6f662d95f3ff23b215.jpeg

My baby likes to help me work ...

May be an image of Persian cat, laptop and indoor

• Like 25
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Very sorry for the loss of your DS.  It's good that you think of it as a celebration of her life.

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Condolences  on the loss of your sister and prayers for your family.It has to be hard to be the last  one.

Not really! It’s the circle of life. After so many brushes with death I’m just grateful and blessed to still be here. I plan on living the rest of my life here on earth to the fullest. That’s what my family would have wanted and how they lived their life’s.

• Like 31

I think you made the right decision and one that  your sister would certainly agree with.  I hope your many wonderful memories of her and your shared experiences in this life bring  you peace and comfort today and everyday.

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Not really! It’s the circle of life. After so many brushes with death I’m just grateful and blessed to still be here. I plan on living the rest of my life here on earth to the fullest. That’s what my family would have wanted and how they lived their life’s.

That is a beautiful philosophy.  

• Like 24

Prayers and care for everyone in this group.   @aliaschief I am sorry that you lost your sister and I appreciate you attitude.   My Dad survived his brothers and he made the best of it after being told by his brothers as a child "you aren't going to live very long".   He outlived them by 20 and 10 years dying at age 96 after suffering a burst appendix, polio and rheumatic fever as a child in North Dakota in the 1920s.     I understand you staying home.  We can honor our lost by other ways than being there in person.     

Never been to Scotland, smoked fish especially eels not too appealing but probably would be easier for me to eat than brussels sprouts or liver.   The Rose' sounds nice, a drink with cukes seems more like salad than a cocktail. Organizing is slowly working my way through beginning to pack for our cruise and the slow drive down to Fort Lauderdale - packing to sets of needed stuff. 

Here is about as much as I dressed up my cat.   She has a Baltimore Ravens scarf on getting ready for a big game versus the Bengals.         

Lidia Bengals.jpg

• Like 31

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I like today’s quote.  I cherish the friendships that I’ve made on those dam ships.  I will pass on today’s meal suggestion.  The one picture @dfish had me wishing for clothesline bacon.  I’m certainly not crazy enough to dress up any of the cats. I fear I’d end up in the ER.

image.thumb.png.0aae9d1773cadf7ee6473913ef1977b8.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

So today I celebrate my sister’s wonderful life and the many contributions she endowed here on earth. I’m the last of my family and every day I count my Blessings for the wonderful family I grew up in. RIP Sis!❤️

A hard decision to make, but probably the right one.

May your memories keep your sister close in your heart.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, jimgev said:

Good Morning.

I guess I am a contrarian today regarding dressing up pets. It is something I really disagree with. I prefer to see the natural beauty in an animal and see"dressing them up" as disrespectful. Just my weird way of looking at the world.

100% agree. I hate to see a pet "dressed up" because it spoils their natural beauty which is their shining fur. A coat to protect from extreme cold while outdoors is okay.

Jane

• Like 21