Library on Sky Princess?

erin6494

Hello!  Could anyone confirm if there is a Library on the Sky Princess? Based on the Regal,  I would expect to find it on Deck 7 Aft but am not finding anything.  I know that on the Royal class ships they are very small but it is still a nice spot for the passenger book exchange, games, etc.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, erin6494 said:

Hello!  Could anyone confirm if there is a Library on the Sky Princess? Based on the Regal,  I would expect to find it on Deck 7 Aft but am not finding anything.  I know that on the Royal class ships they are very small but it is still a nice spot for the passenger book exchange, games, etc.

Thanks!

The Sky does not have a library.  

30 minutes ago, erin6494 said:

Thanks for confirming!  Do they have an area for the daily sudoku, board games, passengers to leave books, etc?

I didn't see any when I was on last month, but I wasn't actively seeking them out.  Sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erin6494 said:

Thanks for confirming!  Do they have an area for the daily sudoku, board games, passengers to leave books, etc?

I would look in the Captains Circle/future cruise sales area or the internet cafe area for sudoku. 

• Like 1

Don't know what Sky has in place now but we spoke to the CD on the Inaugural in late 2019 about the lack of a library and he said he had taken delivery of a ton of books and board games in his office. The plan was to offer book swaps and classic game sessions in the patter at some point. And to ask at the front desk if you need to borrow a game.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, erin6494 said:

Due to the necessary precautions needed to minimize contamination there are no daily sudoku on Sky Princess. I asked at Internet cafe since sometime sudoku was in that area on ships without library. The guy printed several sudokus for me. I did not ask about anything else, but you always can ask CS.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

No library of any sort on Sky in November. 

To be honest, these days, why would you need one ?

You wouldn't. LOL 😄

As long as they find a place to distribute those games, puzzles & collect the daily comment cards there's no need to dedicate space used for only a handful of passengers on each cruise. 

Maybe the next space to go will be the chapel. 😉

I actually really enjoy the library and prefer having physical books to ebooks on my Kindle.  During past cruises, the library has given me the opportunity to choose books or authors that would not normally catch my attention and has introduced me to some great finds.

On our TA this fall on the Regal, we had a very small selection but it was well utilized and the passenger exchange area was always popular with  new books available every day.  They also offered daily sudoku and word games (so the contamination concern does not appear to be fleet wide) and normally had people seated at the tables playing table games.

We each have our own activities that we enjoy or look forward to on cruises, lots of reading is one of mine.   Thanks to those that took the time to respond!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

No library of any sort on Sky in November. 

To be honest, these days, why would you need one ?

Actually the library is one of the first things we look for on a cruise.  I use a Kindle but DW stills like "real" books.  She always takes a few to leave on board - a common practice I hear.  We're on Caribbean Princess in March and I believe they have one so she'll take double the usual load. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You wouldn't. LOL 😄

As long as they find a place to distribute those games, puzzles & collect the daily comment cards there's no need to dedicate space used for only a handful of passengers on each cruise. 

Maybe the next space to go will be the chapel. 😉

I'll trade a chapel or more shops for a nice comfortable library ANY DAY...and twice on Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dockman said:

To be honest I don't like kindles but i do like to read real paper books as do many many others.

I like that I can change the font on the kindle - helpful as I get older.  Also, it's backlit so I can read at night without bother my wife.  Also, it takes up less space when traveling.  

3 hours ago, dockman said:

To be honest I don't like kindles but i do like to read real paper books as do many many others.

Indeed, but surely on a cruise you could make an excrption, rather than hauling 3kg of paper around with you ? 

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Indeed, but surely on a cruise you could make an excrption, rather than hauling 3kg of paper around with you ? 

If they had a proper library there would be no need to "haul paper"....i simply do not like reading on a kindle.  I have tried it...don't like it.  A good ship board library has been part of cruising for decades.  It normally offered comfortable seating, good lighting, a good selection of interesting books as well as a semi quite place to read.  I for one think it's a shame that the libraries and the proper wrap around walking decks are rapidly disappearing.  Of course neither a library nor a proper deck make any $$ so per the bean counters they must go to make room for more shops selling more "stuff".

• Like 2

On the Emerald Princess now. There is a library. They offer sudoku, crossword, and word game changing daily. There are plenty of bookshelves encased in glass doors that have a label on them that says 'clean'. There is a chute for returning books. There are a couple of shelves devoted to games. Some of the glass doors say 'clean', others say 'return'. Looks like a pretty good system to me.

Jim😎

• Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 2:19 AM, Pansy2801 said:

Due to the necessary precautions needed to minimize contamination there are no daily sudoku on Sky Princess. I asked at Internet cafe since sometime sudoku was in that area on ships without library. The guy printed several sudokus for me. I did not ask about anything else, but you always can ask CS.

Not only nolibrary, no crooners, & no explorer, just a jazz band from 830 to 1130. my new bokings are on the Regal & Caribbean Princess.