Some Choice...

Pickels

I recently had to call Celebrity on two occasions.  Both times I called before 9 am and waited only a few minutes on hold.  Some have reported that late evenings are also not too bad.  I know it’s very frustrating!  Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And a 3rd choice is…..shall I type it???……a TA! Even for those who booked directly, in many situations that aren’t too late, move it over to a TA. 

We all make choices thinking one is better than another and each has pros and cons. But one choice seems to be an issue since we’ve now seen 184, no 185 threads, not posts, on how long it takes to get a Celebrity rep on the phone. 

Den

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have called several times recently and the longest wait was 3 minutes.  The last two calls were answered immediately after the last prompt which was very surprising.  The calls have been answered in Jamaica.  I guess I must be lucky.  All calls were around dinner time.

• Like 1

I must say that the longest I have had to wait for a X Rep is about 12 minutes... at any time of the day I call....

Maybe your number comes up and they say, oh no not him again... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I must say that the longest I have had to wait for a X Rep is about 12 minutes... at any time of the day I call....

Maybe your number comes up and they say, oh no not him again... LOL

bon voyage

When I see a number originating from NY, I don't pick up. 😀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Hi Bo, funny, funny, haven’t done anything annoying, just tried to correct an error, or make a change or obtain some information!

LOL pickels....

I Am sure you are never annoying, to those of us who understand you... LOL then again.

I can call for you next time.

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL pickels....

I Am sure you are never annoying, to those of us who understand you... LOL then again.

bon voyage

Instead of making a phone call, sometimes it’s very convenient to scroll thru the available cruises available , depending on date, destination and port.  That works when the web site is functioning correctly.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Instead of making a phone call, sometimes it’s very convenient to scroll thru the available cruises available , depending on date, destination and port.  That works when the web site is functioning correctly.

I've found that if you have a small correction or something not too difficult you can click the chat window that is often available. 

I've grown to really hate Celbrity's site more with their new "SEARCH" pages.   I find it easier to go to an airline site that starts with AA and choose Book a Cruise.     They and most airlines have a very clean search that is easy to navigate and perfect for shopping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

...either spend hours on hold on a phone call; or, try to negotiate thru a wacked-out web-site that simply doesn't work!  😬

Take the first option and leave the phone on Speaker mode---

Then start reading CC --- and find something " interesting " ( ?? ) that has not been discussed before, like '' Who's the Chief Engineer on my 2024 cruise to Canada " ? ( We already discussed the Captain 369 times )   , " Polite people at the buffet ", " How to spend 14 days on a cruise without looking for  something, anything to complain about ",   and  " Excuses to remove Gratuities that have not been heard before " .

Now, back to " Should I cruise or not " ??

• Haha 5

This isn’t aimed at the OP, but I’ve had family talk about how long it takes in line or on a phone for various support / appointments and how they were stuck for an hr when they were really ‘stuck’ for 10-15min. Just human nature. Anything over 10min becomes……

But my favorite situation is when I’m on hold for an extended time (yes, must be an hr or so!!) and it suddenly goes dead, or I’m talking to them and they put me on hold and it hangs up. And you know they accidentally killed the connection…..and back you go to the end of the line! 

How much does it cost to have the: “You are number 1,214 in line. If you like, please tap ‘1’ and we will call you back when we are available”. 

Edit: Pinboy - or my favorite thread titled: “Don’t order the Seafood. I hate all seafood!”.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL pickels....

bon voyage

But he’ll be on hold for an hr waiting for you to answer a call from NY!!

den

• Haha 1

Perhaps neither option works. I tried to book a cruise with the Elite Captain's Club promo ($1500 off a suite for Galapagos). It won't apply this online. So I called. They cannot apply it themselves, either. Although clearly combinable with the 20% off promo per the terms & conditions, their systems won't do it. Then I called Captain's Club to get the Double Points from a cruise I completed, clearly within the terms of the promo from a little more than a year ago, and they can't do that either. It seems they don't know their own promos.

In both cases, I am waiting for them to call or email me for resolution. So calling them or trying their web site ... neither is a good answer for me.

53 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

This isn’t aimed at the OP, but I’ve had family talk about how long it takes in line or on a phone for various support / appointments and how they were stuck for an hr when they were really ‘stuck’ for 10-15min. Just human nature. Anything over 10min becomes……

But my favorite situation is when I’m on hold for an extended time (yes, must be an hr or so!!) and it suddenly goes dead, or I’m talking to them and they put me on hold and it hangs up. And you know they accidentally killed the connection…..and back you go to the end of the line! 

How much does it cost to have the: “You are number 1,214 in line. If you like, please tap ‘1’ and we will call you back when we are available”. 

Edit: Pinboy - or my favorite thread titled: “Don’t order the Seafood. I hate all seafood!”.

Den

Den - their phone system may need to be changed out if it is not compatible with new technology.

bon voyage

Didn't they use to have that call back feature? You know the one where a voice tells you that the wait time is an hour but if you push a button... they will call you back when your time comes...  I thought they had this at one point..perhaps it was Royal.

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

There are several other web sites where you can search all Celebrity cruises.  Register with them and you even get an idea of prices. 

Agree on using a TA.  Getting a good one and they deal with the frustrating pandemic issues.  Cripes, our local grocers have half empty shelves because nobody to stock.

If I need to call I do so about 8:30am Eastern time, but it is rare to call Celebrity for me.

2 hours ago, Pickels said:

...either spend hours on hold on a phone call; or, try to negotiate thru a wacked-out web-site that simply doesn't work!  😬

I have started a chat with them and then asked if they could call me because I have some questions about a cruise.  They always say yes and call me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisnDeb said:

I have started a chat with them and then asked if they could call me because I have some questions about a cruise.  They always say yes and call me.

always works for me as well, then again my wait time is almost always less than 10 minutes.  Once I waited 18 minutes, just turned on the speaker while I waited

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And a 3rd choice is…..shall I type it???……a TA! Even for those who booked directly, in many situations that aren’t too late, move it over to a TA. 

We all make choices thinking one is better than another and each has pros and cons. But one choice seems to be an issue since we’ve now seen 184, no 185 threads, not posts, on how long it takes to get a Celebrity rep on the phone. 

Den

And some of us get tired of hearing this as it doesn't help much for cruises booked a long time ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Several times when I have gotten through, yes after a long wait, I have been asked for my phone number in case they need to call me back'

We, on the west coast are at a disadvantage because of the time difference.  No way am I going to get up at 5 AM to phone them.

• Thanks 1