What's the record for being on hold

geoherb

19 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Was on the phone/hold for 5 hours before my cruise last week. Hour and a half to get to the first person who then had to hold to get me moved into M107 because I had mocked booked it for another 3.5 hours. The hold music is permanently burned into my head

LOL...that music!  My DH and I were dancing in the kitchen to that music!
Today, I was on hold for almost 2 hours...so not as bad as your experience but I used my time wisely....I actually took a bath, fixed my hair, put my makeup on, got dressed, walked the dog and then drove to a meeting before I got to talk to someone (Shelly) and the good news is she helped answer my questions about charges from our NYE cruise and really was nice!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:19 AM, donaldsc said:

I do not cruise on Princess and I also do all my cruise reservations through a TA so I don't have to sit on hold but I do have a couple of questions -

1) Are these extremely long hold times and poor service unique to Princess or are other lines just as bad a Princess?

2) If they are unique to Princess, why does everyone continue to put themselves through these hassles?  Why doesn't everyone just cancel their reservations and sail w another line.  After all, Princess isn't the only line at that their level of quality that ism sailing.

Just wondering.

DON

I think it's pretty much across the board and with airlines too!
With Delta after waiting 2 hours I finally left my phone number and was told two hours before they would call me back,.  3 1/2 hours later....still no call back.  Then about 8 hours after the promised callback time, my phone rings at 1:30 AM!!  I had to wake up really fast to try and be coherent!

Customerrelations@princesscruises.com is the email address that works for me as well--or at least it doesn't bounce back my messages. I never received a response to the email I sent several weeks ago about being billed for a drink I did not order.

• Thanks 1

An update: I noticed the next day that my refunded amount (46%) appeared on my credit card. The amount that is coming back as a future cruise credit (54%) appeared on my Princess account yesterday. The future cruise deposit applied to the canceled cruise is included in the total of those two amounts, and they add up to the total I paid. I'm not sure how Princess decided to split the amount, but I'm happy to have part of the money credited back and the other part ready for me to book another cruise even if it could not be applied to next week's cruise. 

Apparently, Princess just reversed the charge for internet that I paid for the canceled booking. It no longer shows up in the list of transactions on my credit card. I still don't know what happened to the goodwill credit that the third rep promised me. I do not see it on the new booking, and it's not included in the amount of the future cruise credit.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

@brisaltaYes, my TA and I finally found that page (without the help of Princess).  It would have been so much easier for Princess to send her a copy of the policy.  

Thank you for posting this for everyone's benefit.

The link to Princess Vacation Protection is at the bottom of the Princess home page.

image.thumb.png.aba049a13fca0d1a564e7ad6eb20405f.png

Edited by brisalta

4 minutes ago, brisalta said:

The link to Princess Vacation Protection is at the bottom of the Princess home page.

Yes, I have the written policy.  I could not find the information I was looking for.  I could have easily missed it.  Thus the new question on an older thread:

Will I be able to continue my cruise if my cabin mates bail on me?  Will I have to pay the single supplement or will insurance cover it?  

Thanks

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, I have the written policy.  I could not find the information I was looking for.  I could have easily missed it.  Thus the new question on an older thread:

Will I be able to continue my cruise if my cabin mates bail on me?  Will I have to pay the single supplement or will insurance cover it?  

Thanks

Exactly what do you mean by " if my cabin mates bail on me?" ?

43 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Exactly what do you mean by " if my cabin mates bail on me?" ?

Are they able to cancel and receive FCC for a cruise due to concerns about covid?  Will I have to cancel too or will I be able to do the cruise as a solo without having to pay for the single supplement?  

The one and only time I did not have insurance, my cabin mate cancelled 2 days before sailing.  Long story short, I had to scramble and pay a single supplement.  I do not want to repeat that scenario again.

Sorry to take this thread on a tangent.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

41 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are they able to cancel and receive FCC for a cruise due to concerns about covid?  Will I have to cancel too or will I be able to do the cruise as a solo without having to pay for the single supplement?  

The one and only time I did not have insurance, my cabin mate cancelled 2 days before sailing.  Long story short, I had to scramble and pay a single supplement.  I do not want to repeat that scenario again.

Sorry to take this thread on a tangent.  

Suggestion would be to start a new topic as you have brought up a potentially interesting scenario.

2 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Suggestion would be to start a new topic as you have brought up a potentially interesting scenario.

I did add to another thread with no responses.  Thank you for your concerns.  Not worrying about it just yet.  I'm going....maybe.

Now back to previous programming.........

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:33 PM, fpsphil said:

Was on the phone/hold for 5 hours before my cruise last week. Hour and a half to get to the first person who then had to hold to get me moved into M107 because I had mocked booked it for another 3.5 hours. The hold music is permanently burned into my head

And this is with ships sailing at 25% to 50% capacity.

Imagine the hold times when bookings get back to normal. Or maybe they never will because people give up and book with another cruise line.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, suzyed said:

I think it's pretty much across the board and with airlines too!
With Delta after waiting 2 hours I finally left my phone number and was told two hours before they would call me back,.  3 1/2 hours later....still no call back.  Then about 8 hours after the promised callback time, my phone rings at 1:30 AM!!  I had to wake up really fast to try and be coherent!

At least Delta has the callback option.

Princess does not.

• Like 1

I started my "journey" on Monday at 7:30 AM and ended at 2:43 PM and was not able to resolve my issue.  I hadn't realized how much stress that day caused me until I did not sleep that night.  It was awful.  I wish that the right hand knew what the left hand was doing at Princess.  That really goes for most companies these days.  It's unbelievable the comedy of errors sometimes!

• Like 1

Another update: I did get through to chat today with a rep. She has promised to add back the goodwill credit for the problem of getting charged for a drink I did not order on my last cruise. It shows up on the confirmation she emailed me. I can't see it online when I sign in on Princess. I'll have the email as proof if it does not appear on the ship.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 4:51 PM, brisalta said:

I was surprised to be on hold yesterday for all of 3 minutes. Not sure if that was a fluke or if the situation has improved in general with response time to answering calls to Princess.

Fluke.....an hour and 36 minutes the other day.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:27 AM, caribill said:

At least Delta has the callback option.

Princess does not.

Yeah after 4 hours on with Delta I left my callback number at about 4PM.  The did finally call me back...at 1:30AM!!!   It was a bit hard to "wake up" enough to even have the conversation!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Yeah after 4 hours on with Delta I left my callback number at about 4PM.  The did finally call me back...at 1:30AM!!!   It was a bit hard to "wake up" enough to even have the conversation!!

Apologies for laughing but what was Delta thinking calling you at !:30 AM?

On 4/27/2022 at 4:51 PM, brisalta said:

I was surprised to be on hold yesterday for all of 3 minutes. Not sure if that was a fluke or if the situation has improved in general with response time to answering calls to Princess.

Only 3 minutes 😳 and they call me Lucky. 
Tony

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Only 3 minutes 😳 and they call me Lucky. 
Tony

I am sure the person at Princess answering the phone wish they had not. I called to cancel my booking which is due to board in a few hours from now.

Interesting enough I got an email today encouraging me to book another cruise and assigning me a different CVP.