Incorrect Ports - Compensation?

ElisMum23

20 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Our alleged upcoming Allure cruise will be number 38 or 39 and we have missed ports only 3 times. Two were during the same cruise on Royal ( I think Sovereign !) during a freak winter storm and  began on  Super Bowl Sunday.

We were avoiding hurricanes during one of our cruises.  One passed through the Bahamas on the way down and another passed through the Bahamas on the way back.

Celebrity Galaxy - 10 days - Baltimore to Key West, Cozumel, Belize, Coco Cay (skipped due to damage by Hurricane Frances), Nassau (skipped due to Hurricane Jeanne), Charleston (alternate port call) to Baltimore - September 17-27, 2004

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's only if you get a sea day. If they are replaced you MIGHT get the difference but maybe not per my ta.

Any difference in port charges are given back as OBC during the cruise.  This is nothing new.

5 hours ago, jakeil7 said:

One word for you:

Hurricane

<Insert YT link to “Rock You Like a Hurricane here> 😛

Hurricane-"S", yes. At times experienced 3 and 4 named Storms/Hurricanes Cruising that week. Me and my 3 young Kids would Cruised every yr from end Aug-Labor Day, Kids always had short weeks before/after so less time off School. Then cost, 20+ yrs ago June until 3rd week Aug passenger 3-4th were lot more then 1st & 2nd on Caribbean Cruises. Had some wild rides on those Ships, yes we'd not be directly in Hurricane's path but following behind multiple these the Seas were very high. One yr after two days rocking with Sea Sick Bags out on every Deck we saw at least 2 dozen passengers in Wheel Chairs and Casts. Not Fun for them but we had Blast...

16 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

You are the first person I've ever encountered so far who actually wants to go to Falmouth.

Easy now, the patti hut is a must stop in Falmouth.  Then swing past the frozen beverage bar after the patties and coco bread. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

16 hours ago, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

You are the first person I've ever encountered so far who actually wants to go to Falmouth.

Yeah, I thought the same.  I suppose if one had family in the area one could be excited to go.  I do not mind walking around the port area to stretch my legs, though so do not buy anything.  I do not want to sit on a bus to go to the bigger Jamaican tourist areas.

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Easy now, the patti hut is a must stop in Falmouth.  Then swing past the frozen beverage bar after the patties and coco bread. 

Mmmm....Jamaican meat patties!!   My favorite is Spice Nice Bakery near the fountain at the square.  😋

Edited by island lady

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

I was on that sailing as well.  We got back 1 days cruise fare for missing St Thomas in refundable OBC- i already have the credit posted to my credit card.

What some posters are conflating is the scenario where a port is missed due to things like weather where you get your port fees returned, and what we both experienced which was being denied entry because of covid, which was listed as a “maritime incident” on our account where we received 1 day’s worth of our cruise fare back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Almost worth the air fare for me!!    😄 

Problem is keeping them from getting wrinkled, even if you wore all of them on the plane.

I actually did ironing for money when I was in college, and one woman would deliver the clothes via her husband, and he would tell me "she has NO clothes to wear, can you do the top two items and I'll come back and pick them up?"  They only lived a block away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&amp;L_Ont said:

While I agree this is a Falmouth "must", it would be perhaps the highlight of the port of call.  Even so, not sure it would be the compelling reason to book an itinerary for this port of call.........LOL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

Problem is keeping them from getting wrinkled, even if you wore all of them on the plane.

I actually did ironing for money when I was in college, and one woman would deliver the clothes via her husband, and he would tell me "she has NO clothes to wear, can you do the top two items and I'll come back and pick them up?"  They only lived a block away.

OMG!!  And I thought I hated ironing.  😮   Thanks for the funny story!!