Morning Smoke at Churchill's on Regal

SUESEABE

We are long time Holland America cruisers and I always book cabins near the aft so hubby can have his morning cigarette and coffee at the Retreat. This is a must for him (no judging please). I am looking to book a cruise on the Regal and not liking the standard balcony cabins. I am like the Mini Suite cabins but the ones I like are mostly forward. Morning cigarette with coffee is a big deal for hubby, so my question is:  Would he be able to have his morning cigarette in Churchill's, which is forward?  Is coffee available there in the morning or should he order his coffee from room service and take it there to enjoy with his morning cigarette? Sounds crazy but this is a concern of his basically because he is a grumpy old man who doesn't like to walk too far for his morning cigarette and coffee. But I still love him, otherwise I would not be going to all this trouble coordinating the best room location. Any input is appreciated. Oh, what we wives do for our husbands😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@caribillThanks for the info. Gotta rethink cabin choices now. Booking for February 2023. Maybe rules will change.... no body knows! Oh well, holding pattern for a while.

Although no one can predict the situation a year from now, it appears that there will no longer be a pandemic, so if I was a smoker, I'd be more concerned that Princess may not return to indoor smoking at all and presume it will be an outside location.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Although no one can predict the situation a year from now, it appears that there will no longer be a pandemic, so if I was a smoker, I'd be more concerned that Princess may not return to indoor smoking at all and presume it will be an outside location.

One can only hope that you’re right.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

As a past smoker, stick to the aft, then he can skoot right up the elevator to the smoking section . 

Agree.  There is a covered outside smoking area on deck 17 aft, by the terrace pool.  It has comfy chairs, and coffee type tables.  The buffet is one deck down.  There is bar service there at various times through out the day.  

Edited by KreinKrunker
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, SUESEABE said:

It looks like the Regal Princess has a smoking area outside deck 17 aft. Does this area have tables and chairs? Is there a place to get coffee nearby this 17 aft smoking location? Is this the area @waterbabyfishtalked about in Post#4?

I believe there is a very comfortable area on deck 17, with drinks service...  

• Thanks 1