Weather Concerns

56 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

changed the flight to 530am saturday... we are crossing our fingers. it looks like the plane we'll be flying out on gets in friday night at 9:35pm.. before anything starts. and it will probably only be an inch on the ground by the take we take off.   thanks everyone for your advice!

Best of luck!  You must be listening to different forecasts than I am as everything I see has the storm starting Friday late.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DevonfromAcme said:

How silly is that?  It's a weeklong cruise to the Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean.  You're going to cancel because the departure port is cold for the afternoon of the first day?  The weather forecast for the rest of the week through the Caribbean looks glorious.

Don't ever take a cruise from MD/NJ/NY in the winter.  You'll never be able to tolerate the first two solid days of the sailing.

Good thing folks are allowed to make the decision they feel is in THEIR best interest.

How silly is that?  It's a weeklong cruise to the Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean.  You're going to cancel because the departure port is cold for the afternoon of the first day?  The weather forecast for the rest of the week through the Caribbean looks glorious.

Don't ever take a cruise from MD/NJ/NY in the winter.  You'll never be able to tolerate the first two solid days of the sailing.

Absolutely correct....been there done that...never again.

I’ll be thinking of you with fingers crossed OP. Think positive thoughts! I never call out of work either and appreciate your dedication… especially if you are in healthcare! I am leaving Boston next weekend so I hope you are on your way home and I am on my way down.  Enjoy! 

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Best of luck!  You must be listening to different forecasts than I am as everything I see has the storm starting Friday late.

Good luck-  I had tickets to fly to NY this weekend but cancelled.  Guess I'll see my family in the spring

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Good luck-  I had tickets to fly to NY this weekend but cancelled.  Guess I'll see my family in the spring

That's too bad, Ellen.  I hope you are able to fly up sometime soon.  My Mom was supposed to be flying down to Florida from New Hampshire this weekend too but has cancelled too.  Hoping she gets down there to get away from the cold for a couple months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

changed the flight to 530am saturday... we are crossing our fingers. it looks like the plane we'll be flying out on gets in friday night at 9:35pm.. before anything starts. and it will probably only be an inch on the ground by the take we take off.   thanks everyone for your advice!

Please come back and let us know what happens. 

• Like 2

Delta has already issued a travel waiver for East Coast flights (includes BOS):

"Due to forecasted winter weather in the U.S. East Coast, Delta has issued a travel waiver for those who may be impacted – effective Jan. 28-29. With this, the fare difference for customers will be waived when rebooked travel occurs on or before Feb. 1, 2022, in the same cabin of service as originally booked.

Any difference in fare between the original ticket and the new ticket will be collected at the time of booking.

Delta’s Meteorology team in the airline’s Operation and Customer Center will continue to monitor the winter weather and make tactical adjustments as needed."

https://news.delta.com/delta-issues-travel-waiver-ahead-winter-weather-us-east-coast

9 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

"Due to forecasted winter weather in the U.S. East Coast, Delta has issued a travel waiver for those who may be impacted – effective Jan. 28-29. With this, the fare difference for customers will be waived when rebooked travel occurs on or before Feb. 1, 2022, in the same cabin of service as originally booked.

Any difference in fare between the original ticket and the new ticket will be collected at the time of booking.

Delta’s Meteorology team in the airline’s Operation and Customer Center will continue to monitor the winter weather and make tactical adjustments as needed."

https://news.delta.com/delta-issues-travel-waiver-ahead-winter-weather-us-east-coast

Yep, I think trying to fly Saturday is a recipe for not cruising, but I am hoping they make it. They do have all day to try. 

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That's too bad, Ellen.  I hope you are able to fly up sometime soon.  My Mom was supposed to be flying down to Florida from New Hampshire this weekend too but has cancelled too.  Hoping she gets down there to get away from the cold for a couple months.

Thanks  My sister who lives on Cape Cod is coming down for most of the month of March then I will go up in June after the ground thaws out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So yeah, cancelling a cruise because it's going to be in the 50's for, literally, half of your first day is silly.

There have been several reports on CC that the water has been too cold to swim in the bahamas and outside temps have been in the 60's at places such as a CocoCay/Perfect Day.    That's a bit too cold for me to get excited about going there.   

Of course the further south you get to other islands weather has been perfect.     

We had beautiful weather last week in St. Maarten, Antigua and Barbados.     

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There have been several reports on CC that the water has been too cold to swim in the bahamas and outside temps have been in the 60's at places such as a CocoCay/Perfect Day.    That's a bit too cold for me to get excited about going there.   

Of course the further south you get to other islands weather has been perfect.     

We had beautiful weather last week in St. Maarten, Antigua and Barbados.     

image.png.1b0dc7fb728c9b9a75710c443d4de445.png

1 hour ago, SeaHunt said:

american airlines is slacking... lol

2 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Good decision and best choice given the circumstances.

That's what we would have done, didn't want to chime in as others did a good job of outlining the thoughts.

Regarding 'down here,' we have the same type of weather.people as back home.  The dire colds of this week are relatively inconsequential for those of us from up north.  Today was supposed to be a cold start in the 50's, it was 71 with massive humidity at 7am directly on the ocean.  The ocean temperature is 72-74.

It's expected to be warmer in the Bahamas, and of course other stops more south.  Compared to back in New England, a 90-100 real feel difference.  😉

We hope you make it (it's great that the plane is coming in the night before, it'll be there) and know that you'll enjoy the weather and the cruise.

GLTY

Good luck and stay safe with whatever your decision is.  

Maybe you’ll consider moving more south sometime in the near future. We did and don’t regret it.  Relatives and friends can visit here and sail from several ports within eight hours.  

I would not expect comfortable swimming temps at CC this time of year. Just be content with a towel on top of you in a beach chair even outside of the water. It was chilly first of November just wading out to the floating bar on our Serenade cruise.

15 minutes ago, coaster said:

I would not expect comfortable swimming temps at CC this time of year. Just be content with a towel on top of you in a beach chair even outside of the water. It was chilly first of November just wading out to the floating bar on our Serenade cruise.

we may not even get off the boat.. but we've been dreaming of our 2-bedroom grand suite balcony for 3 years now....

• Like 5