Thrak: Radiqal, LLC

Mike45LC

Thanks for starting this thread.  I was going to post, but thought I would come across as paranoid.  I too am not pleased with the fact there is not an opt out of this.  Maybe I agreed to this pre-pandemic when sailed using medallion?  If anyone finds a way to opt out please share.

• Like 1

I am getting worried.  I am having problems with the apps. 
I had put a hold on a May 28th cruise on Regal but never even paid a deposit on it.  In the end I booked and paid in full for a cruise on May 20th on the Enchanted.  Now it looks like the database is corrupted.  I see the May 28th cruise on the apps.  And the medallion people

are telling me it is attached to the booking number I have for the May 20th cruise.  The medallion people don't understand that it is a problem.  I spent hours on the phone.  These people are clueless. 
So forget about Dining my way.  I cannot do anything.

Now if the database can be corrupted this way how can we trust that if won't mix up accounts and credit card.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moustique said:

I am getting worried.  I am having problems with the apps. 
I had put a hold on a May 28th cruise on Regal but never even paid a deposit on it.  In the end I booked and paid in full for a cruise on May 20th on the Enchanted.  Now it looks like the database is corrupted.  I see the May 28th cruise on the apps.  And the medallion people

are telling me it is attached to the booking number I have for the May 20th cruise.  The medallion people don't understand that it is a problem.  I spent hours on the phone.  These people are clueless. 
So forget about Dining my way.  I cannot do anything.

Now if the database can be corrupted this way how can we trust that if won't mix up accounts and credit card.

So log into princess.com and check that the booking looks good there to be certain it isn't really messed up. If it's messed up there then it's time to freak out. Do you have the latest version of the app installed? If not, update. Otherwise, try to delete the cruise from the app then delete the damn app, clear your cache, and reinstall the app and start from scratch.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:19 PM, kiwimum said:

I have used medallion for charging at a shoreside restaurant in Cabo San Lucas.  Easy,  tap Medallion on a Princess provided scanner, same as in use all over the ship.   Charge is billed to your credit card from the restaurant.   OBC shows up immediately on shipboard account.   Think it is non-refundable.

So if I get this right charge is billed directly to your credit card and does not pull from any on board credit you might have in your shipboard account.  The advantage is the credit you get back from using the Medallion. Too bad you couldn't use up your OBC this way.

First thing I did was to check princess.com and the status of my FCCs (still have a few thousands).  This is what is so frustrating.  It looks like people from the medallion side cannot se what is happening on Princess side.  And I try the delete and reinstall.  I can think of more potential solution than the expert!

• 1 year later...

Amazed that these posts go back so far as I just ran into this problem.   I cannot get a boarding pass unless I agree to let Radiqual Gaming, LLC. store my credit card info.  A call to Princess says the only alternative is to check in at the port.  

On 4/5/2022 at 1:05 AM, Caribensun said:

Thanks for starting this thread.  I was going to post, but thought I would come across as paranoid.  I too am not pleased with the fact there is not an opt out of this.  Maybe I agreed to this pre-pandemic when sailed using medallion?  If anyone finds a way to opt out please share.

Princess says (as of this morning - 1/29/2024) that the only alternative is to check in at the port.  

22 minutes ago, Lscruiser said:

Amazed that these posts go back so far as I just ran into this problem.   I cannot get a boarding pass unless I agree to let Radiqual Gaming, LLC. store my credit card info.  A call to Princess says the only alternative is to check in at the port.  

There is no boarding pass needed. If you have the medallion you can go green lane. If no medallion then blue. Regardless you will get on board. I would use the old  app as long as possible since it will not force you to the shore credit card to order medallion 

26 minutes ago, Lscruiser said:

I think you mean having the medallion mailed to you, not a boarding pass. I'm blue lane for my upcoming cruise. I think it's the Radiqual issue also. I will pick up the medallion at the pier. I do not feel comfortable providing credit card information to this company. I also think it's very invasive for Princess to request this type of information without having the ability to opt out. I have no intention of shore shopping on any cruise except for maybe a T shirt or cap from one of the kiosks around the piers or maybe a drink at a local street side pub/restaurant.

• Like 1

I have both the old and new app installed - I used the old app to do Check-in and was able to exit the payment page without putting in the Shoreside cc info, and the app now shows my "boarding pass" (still Blue lane because picking up medallions at port). The new app says I have to "complete" the Check-in (6 of 7 completed) but my husband is "good to go." We'll see what happens when we get to the port next week. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses.  I have not ordered medallions to be shipped as it seems a huge waste.  I use them for refrigerator magnets and I have more than 25 Princess Cruises under my belt.  My concern was that door guards at the port have wanted to see a boarding pass.  I guess I will just take my booking confirmation and hope for the best.  Wish I could get the old app.  

https://medallionpay.com/privacy/customer/

https://medallionpay.com/storedpmt/

a quick and easy google search had these as the 3rd and 4th hit

also found this https://www.radiqal.com/

it links to medallion pay.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paragamin/

links to the owner partner. also he use  to work for carnival. got a rec from other carnival ship/seaside (forget which)  managers

Edited by toads45froggy

On 1/25/2022 at 8:33 PM, Mike45LC said:

I am a Cutie, I declined the Shore-Purchases but for shipboard, they still demand that I authorize Radiqal to store my info.  If this company didn't violate the "U" after "Q" rule, I might be less antagonistic towards it.

When the Princess app prompted us to enter the credit card info for Radiqal, I simply left it blank and did not authorize it for either one of us.

The biggest problem I see is that the company that couldn't get the old apps right after over 6 years has been given the contract to try again with the new app.....maybe they will have it working right after only 5 years this time?? 🤣

Edited by Moondogy

4 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

The biggest problem I see is that the company that couldn't get the old apps right after over 6 years has been given the contract to try again with the new app.....maybe they will have it working right after only 5 years this time?? 🤣

“If you don’t succeed the first time, try again”.  Lol. And we’re going to run into problems with new App for years to come. 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 8:08 PM, waltd said:

So if I get this right charge is billed directly to your credit card and does not pull from any on board credit you might have in your shipboard account.  The advantage is the credit you get back from using the Medallion. Too bad you couldn't use up your OBC this way.

Remember, if you choose to use the card linked to your shipboard account on land purchases, that the "little" mom and pop shops suffer, as they have to pay Princess a high fee to have this service.  I tried to delete my card after learning this, however, it would not let me enter the green lane. so I put in a card that I do not plan on using. Makes me seethe.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Remember, if you choose to use the card linked to your shipboard account on land purchases, that the "little" mom and pop shops suffer, as they have to pay Princess a high fee to have this service.  I tried to delete my card after learning this, however, it would not let me enter the green lane. so I put in a card that I do not plan on using. Makes me seethe.

When you have time lol read the adjacent subject. A bypass to all of this is to enter your cc in Shoreside Transactions and order your Medallion to be shipped. Now you’re in green lane.  After ordering your Medallion, go back to Shoreside Transactions and click on the 3 dots and select delete. Now you’re in blue lane however, your Medallion is being ship. Therefore, just go to the green lane at Port because you have your Medallion with you.  It works, people are doing this as you can see from the attachment. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Yep...when it first came out I think it was like 7% they had to pay to princess. I'd rather stay in the blue lane than to give the app company my credit information to keep when they've had over 6 years to get the app right and still haven't done it and starts all over with another app.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Moondogy said:
14 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Expand  

Yep...when it first came out I think it was like 7% they had to pay to princess. I'd rather stay in the blue lane than to give the app company my credit information to keep when they've had over 6 years to get the app right and still haven't done it and starts all over with another app.

The owner of a small store in Ketchikan told me it was 17%. If 7% passes through to the passenger as OBC then Princess retains 10% as their cut. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The owner of a small store in Ketchikan told me it was 17%. If 7% passes through to the passenger as OBC then Princess retains 10% as their cut. 

It seems likely that Radiqal would be expecting some portion of that remaining 10% cut.

• Haha 2

For those concerned about providing a credit card if using the new App, quite a number of guests have reported in this forum in other threads that they found their existing credit card setup for booked cruises had been populated into the shoreside CC field.  This means PCL apparently did so in the central database as part of implementing the new App.  Remember - no actual cruise data is stored in the App on your phone.  It seems simply ignoring the new App for pre-existing bookings does not necessarily mean nothing is entered for Shoreside.  This has been my impression from reading recent posts.

Also, see Post #44 for the best workaround available at this time.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Remember, stores chose to partner with Princess in this endeavor.  I have used the service several times over the years with no issues.

• Like 1