Mini-suite categories

Peak city

Location is the only difference. MB is closer to the middle of the ship. The middle is desirable because it doesn't require as long a walk to get to most places on the ship. For instance, a passenger would have to walk almost the entire length of the ship to get to the main dinning rooms. And in heavy seas the middle tends to be more stable. Other than that, the rooms are identical with identical amenities.

We always book an ME category, but get the first one in that category, which is the cabin next to the last one in the MB category. On our upcoming cruise on Ruby, we're in D223, and on our last cruise on Grand we were in D222.

So, in essence, we get virtually the same benefits as the room right next door for several hundred dollars less.  

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 3

All mini suites have the same interiors. All Dolphin deck minis have a 9ft x 6ft balcony which is not covered. ME cat are forward. MD are aft. MB are mid forward and mid aft. M1 are Club Class minis and are mid ship. There are also 18 cat ME mini suites on deck 8 aft with covered balconies. Two of them have larger balconies. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

All mini suites have the same interiors. All Dolphin deck minis have a 9ft x 6ft balcony which is not covered. ME cat are forward. MD are aft. MB are mid forward and mid aft. M1 are Club Class minis and are mid ship. There are also 18 cat ME mini suites on deck 8 aft with covered balconies. Two of them have larger balconies. 

We always try to book the ME mini suites on deck 8. We have been fortunate to get D731 with its bigger balcony on three occasions. We always ask Princess to not upgrade us. We love the covered balconies and don’t like paying more to have a balcony open to anyone who wants to look down on us. 

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone!  I did not realize that deck 9 was uncovered balconies.  Just got lucky and was able to book deck 8 ME  E731 -  one with the big balcony.  Happy to save on the room and use the extra money toward shore excursions.  🙂  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peak city said:

Thanks, everyone!  I did not realize that deck 9 was uncovered balconies.  Just got lucky and was able to book deck 8 ME  E731 -  one with the big balcony.  Happy to save on the room and use the extra money toward shore excursions.  🙂  

Nice cabin!

7 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Hi! I'm looking into suites for the Discovery Princess Mexico next year.

With club class dining, would I be able to sit with my friend who's not in a suite?

I don't want to be dining alone obviously lol

Would they make allowances for the one other person?

You can sit with your friend in the MDR.

Your friend cannot sit with you in the Club Class section.

If they made an exception for you...where does it stop?

4 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Hi! I'm looking into suites for the Discovery Princess Mexico next year.

With club class dining, would I be able to sit with my friend who's not in a suite?

I don't want to be dining alone obviously lol

Would they make allowances for the one other person?

No and I have seen many people turned away on multiple ships

On 1/27/2022 at 4:22 PM, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

We always try to book the ME mini suites on deck 8. We have been fortunate to get D731 with its bigger balcony on three occasions. We always ask Princess to not upgrade us. We love the covered balconies and don’t like paying more to have a balcony open to anyone who wants to look down on us. 

If the cabin is over the dance floor where the band plans in the Vista lounge these last mini's on deck 8 can be noisy.  Most ships the band plays on port side. 

Look at deck plans to see what's above and below your cabin.

Edited by cruzsnooze

34 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

If the cabin is over the dance floor where the band plans in the Vista lounge these last mini's on deck 8 can be noisy.  Most ships the band plays on port side. 

Look at deck plans to see what's above and below your cabin.

I checked that out.  The band is on the port side.  We are starboard.