How is Celebrity handling Bermuda testing requirements?

LB_NJ

1 hour ago, sullyd said:

So 95% of the people traveling on this ship who don’t know about Bermuda’s policy are going to get pay thousands of dollars for a cruise to Bermuda and they board the boat and celebrity says sorry you didn’t send in your TA within 30 days  of arrival. But you also have to pay 40.00 but you can’t get off the ship. ( that’s what  I’ve read ) . There’s gonna be some angry passengers, let’s hope celebrity let’s us know exactly what we need to do. ( also wondering will celebrity have to pay 40.00 per crew member?)  I appreciate that your being proactive and your information I’m sure is probably correct . But please Celebrity inform your passengers! 

Probably there will be no issue as you won't be going to Bermuda just yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity has released new guidance for the eastbound transatlantics at the link below. Requirements for ports of call and debarkation ports are addressed. For Bermuda, Celebrity says: 

• Bermuda Travel Authorisation: Fill out a Bermuda Travel authorisation entry form before arriving. The form can be found here.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sullyd said:

So 95% of the people traveling on this ship who don’t know about Bermuda’s policy are going to get pay thousands of dollars for a cruise to Bermuda and they board the boat and celebrity says sorry you didn’t send in your TA within 30 days  of arrival. But you also have to pay 40.00 but you can’t get off the ship. ( that’s what  I’ve read ) . There’s gonna be some angry passengers, let’s hope celebrity let’s us know exactly what we need to do. ( also wondering will celebrity have to pay 40.00 per crew member?)  I appreciate that your being proactive and your information I’m sure is probably correct . But please Celebrity inform your passengers! 

You won't be able to board the ship without an approved TA. When I was on NCL's first sailing to Bermuda, boarding was a complete debacle, because a huge percentage of passengers had not completed a TA. It was WAY worse back then, because you had to have PCR test results to submit with your TA. At least now, you only have to have an antigen test and everyone will have already taken one of those to board anyway. So really, they will just need to be helping people submit their TAs at the pier if they have not already done so. They won't have to worry about getting everyone PCR tested. On that NCL sailing, 900 passengers showed up without completed TAs and our 4:30 embarkation didn't happen until after 9:30.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You won't be able to board the ship without an approved TA. When I was on NCL's first sailing to Bermuda, boarding was a complete debacle, because a huge percentage of passengers had not completed a TA. It was WAY worse back then, because you had to have PCR test results to submit with your TA. At least now, you only have to have an antigen test and everyone will have already taken one of those to board anyway. So really, they will just need to be helping people submit their TAs at the pier if they have not already done so. They won't have to worry about getting everyone PCR tested. On that NCL sailing, 900 passengers showed up without completed TAs and our 4:30 embarkation didn't happen until after 9:30.

We were told that over 200 people had been left at the pier. The rest had had to go into NYC (we were sailing out of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal) and get rapid PCR tests on their own in order to complete their TAs. There were two representatives from Bermuda at the pier to help people complete the TAs and expedite approval. As we got past about 8:00, my family stationed ourselves above the gangway and started clapping and cheering on all the people who were finally making it onboard. I cannot imagine the day those people had had. They had probably spent a good 10 hours or more trying to get on the ship. Most of them looked completely exhausted.

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Celebrity has released new guidance for the eastbound transatlantics at the link below. Requirements for ports of call and debarkation ports are addressed. For Bermuda, Celebrity says: 

• Bermuda Travel Authorisation: Fill out a Bermuda Travel authorisation entry form before arriving. The form can be found here.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

Thanks for the update.  And I'm happy that Celebrity put this info on their website so there is no question as to what has to be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:23 PM, Bo1953 said:

JI - I think it is prudent to go ahead and complete the TA, unless Bermuda drops that requirement before you depart.

You have to apply for the TA before departure, then submit a copy of your negative C-19 test to gain final approval to enter Bermuda.

The key time here is the TA must be applied for before departure, the negative test results can be submitted anytime afterwards and before arrival in Bermuda... this is based on my reading of the Bermuda Law.

The TA can be applied for up to 30 days in advance of 'departure'...

Would I wait for X or any other line to tell me what they plan to do outside of testing if I Am not going to be in Bermuda by day 2?

It sounds like, vis-a-vis the Bermuda website that you would be denied boarding for not at least completing and submitting the application for the TA.

For our sailing to Bermuda, 2nd port, I will submit everything except the test. Personally, I think X will take care of our testing aboard.

Since there will be at least two (2) sailings before mine, we will know what is what...

I recommend that you at least get the TA in... and be prepared for testing in NJ before departure if you have not heard from X and get to Guest Services requesting OBC for the inconvenience.

Good luck and I will be hoping that X comes out soon with guidance as it will be pertinent for those of us sailing to Bermuda.

bon voyage

You need a completed Bermuda Travel Authorization form when you go to port of embarkation including negative covid test. If not completed you will be denied boarding. Check my post Summit May 13 roll calls post# 401.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

You need a completed Bermuda Travel Authorization form when you go to port of embarkation including negative covid test. If not completed you will be denied boarding. Check my post Summit May 13 roll calls post# 401.

You are correct, to a degree.

We do need the TA completed and a negative C-19 test to board.

For our 23 May sailing, the test we provide to board Summit will be out of date upon arrival in Bermuda.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You are correct, to a degree.

We do need the TA completed and a negative C-19 test to board.

For our 23 May sailing, the test we provide to board Summit will be out of date upon arrival in Bermuda.

In health and bon voyage

Sorry post 419

Interesting that Norwegian can be clear on Bermuda, that ALL guests must have a TA but Celebrity seems quiet.  This just posted on NCL website...

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Bermuda Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

All guests must complete Bermuda Travel Authorization (TA) within 10 days of sailing. The cost of the Travel Authorization is $40 per guest. Link to form: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All vaccinated guests (any age):

• Travel Authorization requirements include uploading vaccination card and proof of negative antigen test,administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 48 hours of embarkation.
  • Note: The upload of the antigen test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected.

All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12):

• Travel Authorization requirements include proof of a negative PCR test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 96 hours of embarkation.
  • All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12) will also be required to take an additional antigen test at embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

Where Bermuda is not the first port of call, or if the ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an additional antigen or PCR test onboard no more than 2 days prior to disembarking in Bermuda. This test will be paid for and administered by our onboard medical team.

All guests must have an approved Travel Authorization before embarkation.

• A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved
  • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
  • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, carsail1260 said:

Interesting that Norwegian can be clear on Bermuda, that ALL guests must have a TA but Celebrity seems quiet.  This just posted on NCL website...

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Bermuda Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

All guests must complete Bermuda Travel Authorization (TA) within 10 days of sailing. The cost of the Travel Authorization is $40 per guest. Link to form: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All vaccinated guests (any age):

• Travel Authorization requirements include uploading vaccination card and proof of negative antigen test,administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 48 hours of embarkation.
  • Note: The upload of the antigen test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected.

All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12):

• Travel Authorization requirements include proof of a negative PCR test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 96 hours of embarkation.
  • All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12) will also be required to take an additional antigen test at embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

Where Bermuda is not the first port of call, or if the ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an additional antigen or PCR test onboard no more than 2 days prior to disembarking in Bermuda. This test will be paid for and administered by our onboard medical team.

All guests must have an approved Travel Authorization before embarkation.

• A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved
  • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
  • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030

I went in to the Bermuda TA application and what they say  you can load the vaccination card now and the covid result later. That is how I understand it. Please go to my post 419 may13 roll calls Celebrity Summit. Thanks for your information.

56 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

You need a completed Bermuda Travel Authorization form when you go to port of embarkation including negative covid test. If not completed you will be denied boarding. Check my post Summit May 13 roll calls post# 419.

3 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

I went in to the Bermuda TA application and what they say  you can load the vaccination card now and the covid result later. That is how I understand it. Please go to my post 419 may13 roll calls Celebrity Summit. Thanks for your information.

I did the same.   I guess we will see. 

3 minutes ago, carsail1260 said:

Bermuda?  I just called on my phone.  It's a toll free number from the States.

How do you do the  Contact #while in Bermuda on the application? Thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, carsail1260 said:

I just put my phone number.  It's all I have. Its an iPhone, they can text me I'm sure.

Did you put the country code+1 and your phone #? Thanks again!

This is making my head spin! Fortunately, our TA from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale is October 31st, and I hope all of this will change.

We will arrive in Barcelona the 28th. If the requirements are the same, we'll have to test 24 hours before arrival, complete the Spanish health form and receive QR codes no earlier than 4:00 AM on the day we fly to Barcelona. While in Barcelona, we will need to test for Bermuda 48 hours before embarkation and complete the Bermuda TA. That test will suffice for Celebrity's requirement also. We are scheduled to arrive in Bermuda 5 days after the previous port, Ponta Delgada in the Azores, so we will have to test onboard the sip in the middle of the Atlantic. I hope the internet on board works in the middle of the Atlantic, as it often didn't on our last TA in November 2014. I know there have been many improvements to internet connectivity since then. 

But even if we have to do all that, it will be worth it to us!

Just to clarify I asked the Suites Shore side Concierge just before Celebrity posted.  She did not respond until today after returning from time off -  Here's her response.

Dear Mr. xxxx

Thank you for your email!

For Bermuda, it is the guests responsibility to fill
 out the form and pay the fee. I have included the 
link to Bermuda's website below.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/guide-bermuda-bound-travellers

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Kindest Regards,
Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

We are on the Summit at the beginning of May and are scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on May 10th. The Bermuda Travel Authorization form does not even list our ship yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

On 3/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, Turtles06 said:

Quite frankly, I've really soured on Bermuda with the recent win by the government of Bermuda of their appeal from a court ruling that a law prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying violates the Bermuda constitution  -- in other words, a real step backwards for LGBT people, and contrary to where things are heading in most of the hemisphere and elsewhere.

Thank you for this information. I'd been debating changing my summer 2023 Summit cruise to Bermuda and you have just made the choice to change away from it that much easier!

• Thanks 1