Regent dining

islandchick

We are new to Regent and have a few food questions. I am having difficulty finding any menus for lunches in the specialty restaurants as well as the main dining room. If anyone has this info please share. Also, does anyone have a copy of the canape menu for the Penthouse suite?  

To add on to this, it seems like the standard fare OJ is the pasteurized kind. It's a bit surprising for a luxury cruise line.  Where could one get fresh-squeezed juices while onboard?  Do they also offer fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice?

If you go out on the pool deck in the morning, there is someone making any kind of fresh squeezed juice that you could desire, plus any sort of fresh squeezed smoothie or juice combo.  George gets fresh squeezed juice from there every morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RachelG said:

If you go out on the pool deck in the morning, there is someone making any kind of fresh squeezed juice that you could desire, plus any sort of fresh squeezed smoothie or juice combo.  George gets fresh squeezed juice from there every morning.

Hopefully, we could get them while seated at breakfast as well, or as part of in-suite breakfast.

10 minutes ago, pnsnkr said:

Hopefully, we could get them while seated at breakfast as well, or as part of in-suite breakfast.

My husband hates room service breakfast, so we have never asked.  As far as inside La Veranda, I think you can get it there, but he likes to go out and get it himself then come in, don’t ask me why.

• Like 1

When we were on Explorer in November I asked for fresh squeezed OJ the first several mornings in Compass Rose and La Veranda. The first two times it took approx. 20 minutes to arrive and the third time it never arrived. We were told it had to come from Room Service?? 

I never bothered after that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RachelG said:

My husband hates room service breakfast, so we have never asked.  As far as inside La Veranda, I think you can get it there, but he likes to go out and get it himself then come in, don’t ask me why.

That's sad to hear.  The Crystal in-suite breakfast on Serenity was atrocious, the driest omelette we've had anywhere with four small pieces of potato.  We were hoping for a better experience on Regent.

We always get breakfast room service and on our last cruise it was excellent on both the food and service levels.  Why Regent doesn't serve a high level coffee is beyond me, its average on a good day.

Back to the original question.  Until recently Regent posted the lunch menu for Compass Rose on their website, looks like they have removed it.  Maybe someone would nice enough to post a recent photo for Islandchick.  Its pretty basic burger, club sandwich, pasta, fish of the day.  They have historically had a croque monsieur or croque madame  which is wonderful.

The pool grill has burgers, hot dogs etc, the pool grill lunch salad bar/buffet is nothing to write home about.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnsnkr said:

That's sad to hear.  The Crystal in-suite breakfast on Serenity was atrocious, the driest omelette we've had anywhere with four small pieces of potato.  We were hoping for a better experience on Regent.

It isn’t that the insuite breakfast is bad.  It is actually great.  My husband hate insuite breakfasts in general whether on any cruise line or in a hotel.  He just does do them.  My daughter-in-law and son ordered insuite breakfast every morning on our recent Splendor cruise, and loved it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

We ate at the pool grill a lot in the past and found the food very good. Different strokes for different folks. 

I probably could have worded that better.  We like the Pool Grill very much just not the salad bar/buffet.   I found out late that they have a Conquistador (or Brontosaurus) burger that's like 3/4 a lb, its awesome.  

• Like 2

I was also wondering about the Splendor breakfast and lunch options. I know there is a buffet breakfast and room service, is there breakfast in the main dining room or any other venues? For lunch I see that they have a lunch buffet, the pool grill,  and sometimes the specialty dining venues are open (if you can get a seat apparently), but is the main dining room open too? I also have heard of a Sunday Brunch on sea days, is this currently going on?

On our cruise in January, only La veranda, pool deck and coffee connection were open at breakfast.  Not enough passengers for Compass Rose.

At lunch, La Veranda and one of the specialty restaurants were open as well as pool deck on sea days.  On days in port, only La veranda and pool deck.  Again, because of so few passengers.  When ship is full, compass rose is open for all meals.

Sunday brunch is in La Veranda.

• Like 1

We were on Explorer in he Caribbean in November/ December (pre-Omicron) and Compass Rose was open for breakfast every day. So I think @RachelGis correct, it probably depends on passenger count. 

As for fresh-squeezed OJ, You can get it pretty much everywhere if you ask. As they get going again at full tilt, there are going to be some growing pains. I requested fresh-squeezed OJ in CR one morning and was served from-concentrate. I politely brought this to the attention of our waiter (Mario --who is great BTW) and he corrected the problem immediately and educated his assistant who had made the mistake. Never happened again. You can also request fresh-squeeze at the Coffee Connection. It may take 5 minutes or so but it will be there for you. If you go back frequent the same dining venue, after a few days they will be ready for you. They are really trying hard to get back to 100% but there are some new folks being trained in the "Regent Way".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This previous thread, summarising dining options on all Regent’s ships, may be of use

However, note that this reflected standard dining arrangements pre-covid.
It appears that recent low passenger numbers have led to some adjustments, as @RachelG reports.

Let’s hope that things start returning to normality this year  🤞

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

This previous thread, summarising dining options on all Regent’s ships, may be of use

However, note that this reflected standard dining arrangements pre-covid.
It appears that recent low passenger numbers have led to some adjustments, as @RachelG reports.

Let’s hope that things start returning to normality this year  🤞

Unfortunately the Regent website no longer shows lunch or breakfast menus for Compass Rose.  I didn't realize Compass Rose hasn't always been open for all three dining venues maybe that's why.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 1

Hi, we were on the Splendor 12/27 - 1/13 and Compass Rose was open for breakfast.  We at there several times. 

On Explorer and Splendor, Compass Rose is not open for lunch.  On sea days both Prime 7 and Chartreuse are open for lunch and on port days one is open, alternating each port day.  This is in addition to La Veranda and the pool grill. 

It's important to remember that you can write in items on the breakfast menu form in the suite, we often add items like eggs benedict, etc. and everything comes hot and delicious.  We've found that you can write in anything that is on the Compass Rose breakfast menu.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, islandchick said:

We are new to Regent and have a few food questions. I am having difficulty finding any menus for lunches in the specialty restaurants as well as the main dining room. If anyone has this info please share. Also, does anyone have a copy of the canape menu for the Penthouse suite?  

Islandchick, I was prowling around CC reading reviews and found this great “live from the ship” October 2021 review with food photos and a lunch menu from Prime 7...and remembered that you were asking for specialty lunch menus.  I’ll attempt to post photos of the menus (the last time I tried to post photos from my ipad they were upside down).  If they fail, here is the link.

Joanie

05F27EDA-64A2-4B48-9A85-565B7949F8D4.jpeg

C3C8A707-861F-4A2E-8BE9-31597ECE522B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You like fresh juice for breakfast?

In January of 2019, right before Covid changed everything, we were on the explorer with friends. Like some others, we are not breakfast room service people as we like to get out and about early every day.

Our friends enjoyed room service for breakfast every morning for two weeks and loved it. They said it was the best room service breakfast of any cruise line that they had been on. He was a fresh carrot juice junkie and would have as many as 4 glasses delivered via room service with his breakfast 🥕

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, islandchick said:

Georgia Peach, thanks for posting these menu's. Are these both from Prime? Do the lunch menus change daily?

They are from Prime, both for the same day, two page menu.  I have never been on Regent, so can’t answer about the daily lunch menus changing...but my GUESS is that they do.  The resident experts will have to answer for you.  In about a month I will be able to answer your question myself!

Joanie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

unless things have changed the menus are the same everyday except for a couple of specials. 

I was on Explorer in November and that was the case. If you look at the second screen shot above, you'll see some items listed inside a square.  Those are the daily specials--the things that change each day. The rest of that page and the other page are the items that are the same each day.

• Like 2

A lunchtime menu from Chartreuse last November whilst on board Splendor, which looked remarkably like our memory of a lunchtime menu from Chartreuse when we were last on board Explorer.  By that, I mean, we were thrilled to find our favourites (mine = Quiche Flamiche) there on it!!   Can't say if other details are the same or not, sorry.

There are days when the experience of eating a leisurely breakfast at a table dressed with linen and fine silverware is a joy and others when we prefer to grab a muffin and a coffee as we head off on tour.  The same goes for lunch.   Aren't we lucky to (sometimes) have a choice?!

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1