Relocated Stateroom....

Last night I received and email from Royal stating  that they are relocating my room along with my sister's room which is on the Aft.  We have had this booked for `1 1/2 years. My other family members on the same deck are not relocated, they are on either side of us. They said it was due to Healthy Return and Service Guidelines...We are all related.. They stated they had to change our staterooms due to needing them to ensure proper distancing...This makes no sense as we are all related.....My sister is a TA and she called they said they couldn't do anything and the changes are going to occur. As a family of 14 we are very disappointed. Has anyone gone through this? We are sailing in 1 week.... Thanks in advance for any advice... 

They have the right to move you and there is nothing you can do about it. It would be fair to ask them to move all of you so that you can stay relatively close together as a family. It would be fair to ask for some compensation since you paid a fare that allowed you to choose specific rooms, but ended up receiving what amounts to a "guarantee" rate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

Last night I received and email from Royal stating  that they are relocating my room along with my sister's room which is on the Aft.  We have had this booked for `1 1/2 years. My other family members on the same deck are not relocated, they are on either side of us. They said it was due to Healthy Return and Service Guidelines...We are all related.. They stated they had to change our staterooms due to needing them to ensure proper distancing...This makes no sense as we are all related.....My sister is a TA and she called they said they couldn't do anything and the changes are going to occur. As a family of 14 we are very disappointed. Has anyone gone through this? We are sailing in 1 week.... Thanks in advance for any advice... 

Royal BS. Just got off Navigator. Had a JS on deck 9, cabins on both sides of us and across the hall were occupied. Ship sailed with 546 so there was plenty of room for spacing, unless the whole 546 were placed on deck 9. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

They move people's cabins to create additional quarantine areas. They are distancing you from quarantine areas, not other healthy people.

No I don’t think so as the rest of our family members cabins are not changed and they are next to both of ours…. 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

They move people's cabins to create additional quarantine areas. They are distancing you from quarantine areas, not other healthy people.

No, I don't think so. People on my upcoming cruise were moved from Central Park balconies to OV balconies. They don't quarantine in cabins with balconies overlooking those areas.

Edited by forgotmyCCname

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Royal BS. Just got off Navigator. Had a JS on deck 9, cabins on both sides of us and across the hall were occupied. Ship sailed with 546 so there was plenty of room for spacing, unless the whole 546 were placed on deck 9. 

We also have people all around us so I don’t believe the “protocols” is why they moved you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

I've had lots of clients get those notices and they don't end up getting moved 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've had lots of clients get those notices and they don't end up getting moved 

I can confirm -- I'm one of them.  I panicked a little when I got the email, b/c I was doing a B3B and didn't want to move rooms from one leg to another.  (Plus, the entire concept is ridiculous... I can sit in a pool lounger six inches from someone with nothing between us, but I can't sleep in a room with walls separating us???)

After getting that email.... nothing ever happened.  I didn't get moved, and I didn't get the $100 OBC they were offering for the inconvenience.

My recommendation is to take a deep breath and just wait. 

If they do move you, print all your documentation (your original booking confirmation, the email you got, the booking confirmation for all your family in the same area, etc.), and immediately after boarding, go to Guest Services and ask them to move you back to the room you were in originally, as it should still be empty and still only surrounded by your own family members in adjacent rooms.  

I'm pretty sure some stupid computer algorithm is spitting out this "social distancing" requirement for room numbers, but no human being is actually looking at the sensibility of the whole thing.  If I had to guess, I'd think that Royal offered to do this to appease the CDC... "See, we're even providing extra space between their rooms so they don't pass each other in the hallway!!!"

• Like 4

Well, our staterooms did get moved, but I am quiet happy with the upgrade. We still have 2 rooms side by side but went from a oceanview on deck 3 to balconies on deck 7! We booked this cruise at an incredible price to begin with so an even a better value now. Fingers and toes crossed we all test negative on Thursday so we can set sail Saturday!

• Like 9

We chose a specific balcony cabin 8th floor in front of ship, the location we prefer) months ago for an upcoming cruise.  About 2 months ago we received that letter and they moved us to back of ship 9th, We were told front deck 8 is set aside for quarantine ?   We asked for refund of the portion of money we paid extra for “picking our own cabin”, we were told no.  Our travel agent also tried.  She tried to move us to front but nothing much left.   We decided to just be happy to be cruising.  I think it is going to be the new normal for a while.

13 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Quarantine area is on deck 2 or 3 near the medical center in an OV cabin.  

Plus the number of positive cases is way down on ships.  It was the couple holiday weeks when omicron was peaking and ships were sailing at near full capacity when they had major problems.