SHIPS SAILING FROM PORT OF BRISBANE NEW TERMINAL - APRIL 2022

CCC's

For what it is worth (maybe wishful thinking) the Port of Brisbane (new terminal) has Pacific Encounter sailing from Saturday 23 April 2022 and onwards.  Carnival Spirit enters the list on 5 June 2022 and Coral Princess on 29 June.   Here is the link ....

https://www.portbris.com.au/operations-and-trade/shipping-schedule/

We can only keep our fingers crossed that this is a true sign that sailing will commence in April ???

23 minutes ago, CCC's said:

For what it is worth (maybe wishful thinking) the Port of Brisbane (new terminal) has Pacific Encounter sailing from Saturday 23 April 2022 and onwards.  Carnival Spirit enters the list on 5 June 2022 and Coral Princess on 29 June.   Here is the link ....

We can only keep our fingers crossed that this is a true sign that sailing will commence in April ???

That article is out of date, I believe p&o could be the first ship out of Brisbane 1st June and the Spirit 5th June thats if the government gives them the green light……if no green light well know one knows when the ships will sail

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

The date to watch is Feb 17th. That's when they've said they'll decide whether to extend the cruise ban  out a few more months.

My feeling is that they will push out the decision until after the Federal election in May.

What really matters is that we we get a full cruise season started in Sept/Oct.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

According to my Princess rep the first Princess ship isn't due to start operating here until September 3rd, if the governments allow it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

Wrong. Our May cruise on the Encounter out of Brisbane has just been cancelled. This is old news. Feb 17 is the next important date re restart or not.

• Like 1

I think they'll wait until the NSW state byelections are over. If they don't lose any seats there then they'll call the election asap, otherwise it will be as late as possible in the hope they can regain some votes.

• Like 2

Do you think there is really any votes for or against in relation to cruising?  I don't know a sole who is interested in cruising and they all vote.  I do know a couple who will be changing their vote after a lifetime of voting for one party.  I was ahead of the pack when my party left me!

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you think there is really any votes for or against in relation to cruising?  I don't know a sole who is interested in cruising and they all vote.  I do know a couple who will be changing their vote after a lifetime of voting for one party.  I was ahead of the pack when my party left me!

It's not cruising that will lose or win votes. It's whether people have had a gutsful of the current government and decide to change the way they vote. Since NSW is a LNP state government any swings away from LNP will show in those byelections.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not cruising that will lose or win votes. It's whether people have had a gutsful of the current government and decide to change the way they vote. Since NSW is a LNP state government any swings away from LNP will show in those byelections.

What date are the by-elections?  I love by-elections because they give the individual electorates a chance to let their current Govt know what they think. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

SA state election 19 March, so not before then.

Usually 4-5 weeks from the call to the vote.so, wipe out all of Feb and March.

Easter Saturday 16th April. Gone.

very rarely in school holiday weeks.

pushes into May

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What date are the by-elections?  I love by-elections because they give the individual electorates a chance to let their current Govt know what they think. 

The NSW ones are Feb 12th. 

33 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I wouldn't bet too much - Scomo might do a Jacinda & postpone the election because of COVID 😮

That would make him more unpopular with the voters. 😒

If the polls for Scomo keep heading south, watch out for Peter Dutton calling for a spill.😉