SHIPS SAILING FROM PORT OF BRISBANE NEW TERMINAL - APRIL 2022

CCC's

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That would make him more unpopular with the voters.Ā šŸ˜’

Ā 

Ā If the polls for Scomo keep heading south, watch out for Peter Dutton calling for a spill.šŸ˜‰

Morrison is still polling higher than Albanese though, despite the ALP polling higher overall than the LNP. If Dutton calls for a spill it might not have the effect he wants.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Morrison is still polling higher than Albanese though, despite the ALP polling higher overall than the LNP. If Dutton calls for a spill it might not have the effect he wants.Th

Had to laugh out loud when I saw Ā the result of the poll, 43% vs 41%. Ā The 43% was bigger than 50% Ā ? The Australian I think. Ā 

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

He can'tĀ  justify that after opening everything up.

Desperate times call for desperate measures they say! I wasn't honestly suggesting it was a real option.

I think that he missed his best opportunity by not calling an early poll, citing the seriousness of the pandemic & making the best of the situation up until that point.

Anyway, back to pies & cruising ... this is getting a bit OT.

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Morrison is still polling higher than Albanese though

Ā 

Those "Who is the best PM" polls are a bit silly.

Ā 

It's like asking which is the best apple? This apple, or this orange over there. šŸ¤”

Ā 

Still it's got to be worrying for Morrison that it's even a contest between them.

4 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

It's like asking which is the best apple? This apple, or this orange over there. šŸ¤”

Ā 

Still it's got to be worrying for Morrison that it's even a contest between them.

Hasn't this been the way for several years - polls asking which PM people prefer? If people ask me which PM I will vote for, I have to answer that neither the present PM nor the contender are standing in my electorate. šŸ˜

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Silly in some respects but in this case it might be sending a message to the Labor party than Albanese may detract from them getting some votes. He isn't an inspiring politician.Ā 

39 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ā 

Ā 

I would rather toss all those type of apples, all rotten to the core.

John Heald, from Carnival has announced that Carnival Sensation is delaying its restart. Carnival Spirit will be going back to America, and sailing from Jacksonville and Carnival Ecstasy will be taking over Carnival Sensation cruises from Mobile. This is all due to the continued uncertainly of cruisingĀ  in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, woodscruise said:

John Heald, from Carnival has announced that Carnival Sensation is delaying its restart. Carnival Spirit will be going back to America, and sailing from Jacksonville and Carnival Ecstasy will be taking over Carnival Sensation cruises from Mobile. This is all due to the continued uncertainly of cruisingĀ  in Australia.

I believe carnival have just pulled there seaborn brand out of Australia.

Ā 

Thereā€™s talk If there isnā€™t any progress soon Royal will start pulling ships out of Australia for next season. They said they canā€™t have empty ships floating around.

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Ā 

Thereā€™s talk If there isnā€™t any progress soon Royal will start pulling ships out of Australia for next season. They said they canā€™t have empty ships floating around.

Ā 

Ā 

Understandable, you need at least some crew aboard to run and steer it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Understandable, you need at least some crew aboard to run and steer it.

I couldnā€™t have put better.
Itā€™s a bit like putting the round peg in the square hole,It doesnā€™t work.

but a triangle peg will go into a square hole.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, By The Bay said:

That would make him more unpopular with the voters.Ā šŸ˜’

Ā 

Ā If the polls for Scomo keep heading south, watch out for Peter Dutton calling for a spill.šŸ˜‰

IMO Dutton seems to be keeping a low profile, keeping his powder dry. No Lib is going to try and take leadership while there is the strong possibility of losing no matter who is the leader. I reckon they, the Libs, will leave Scomo there and if/when they lose there will be a change in leadership.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I just looked at the Seabourn site and they are still advertising cruises out of Aussie 5th DEC 2022 to NZ

I still want to finish our cruise which was cut short at Adelaide instead of getting back to Sydney from March 2020šŸ˜€

Ā 

Edited by Thecat123

Carnival have also pulledĀ Carnival SpiritĀ from Australia and she will commence sailing from Jacksonville, Florida on 7th March.

Ā 

Unless there is a very clear direction within a very short time I suspect that the entire 22/23 season will be gone. Companies are going to want certainty to fill ships and unless they see that in Australia they will move the ships to areas where they can guarantee they will be used and start selling the itineraries.

Ā 

It is not just Australia, we need the South Pacific ports to welcome the ships and New Zealand. Our summer season is driven by inbound tourists who are planning their holidays now....if there is no certainty they won't come, Australia is a long flight from most places and people are not going to back uncertainty. I suspect even if there is a 22/23 season it will be much curtailed, don't expect all the ships that are planned and listed now will actually come, I suspect Royal won't have their big ships here, nor Princess, lets see what the announcement is on 17th February but if that is a further extension, then I would expect more cancellations.

Ā 

David

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Shiprobbo said:

Carnival have also pulledĀ Carnival SpiritĀ from Australia and she will commence sailing from Jacksonville, Florida on 7th March.

Unless there is a very clear direction within a very short time I suspect that the entire 22/23 season will be gone. Companies are going to want certainty to fill ships and unless they see that in Australia they will move the ships to areas where they can guarantee they will be used and start selling the itineraries.

It is not just Australia, we need the South Pacific ports to welcome the ships and New Zealand. Our summer season is driven by inbound tourists who are planning their holidays now....if there is no certainty they won't come, Australia is a long flight from most places and people are not going to back uncertainty. I suspect even if there is a 22/23 season it will be much curtailed, don't expect all the ships that are planned and listed now will actually come, I suspect Royal won't have their big ships here, nor Princess, lets see what the announcement is on 17th February but if that is a further extension, then I would expect more cancellations.

David

I think the 22/23 cruise season will be curtailed to cruising around Australia and maybe NZ. Ā I doubt the South Pacific islands will be ready for visits by cruise ships whilst the virus is still spreading. Ā I have been following current cruising in the Caribbean and it is certainly not cruising to a set itinerary, as people know it. Ā 

Passengers/crew with the virus, ports missed, passengers with covid transferred to hotels in Fort Lauderdale to quarantine to reduce the number of people on board with covid, etc.

• Like 1

I think if our fed gives another 2-3 months cruise ban in the coming weeks.

The Cruise lines will have to make big decisions for the 22-23 season, their mad if they donā€™t.

Redeploy more of our ships to Singapore ,Japan,U.S. and Europe.

This hypochondriac government canā€™t be relied on.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think if our fed gives another 2-3 months cruise ban in the coming weeks.

The Cruise lines will have to make big decisions for the 22-23 season, their mad if they donā€™t.

Redeploy more of our ships to Singapore ,Japan,U.S. and Europe.

This hypochondriac government canā€™t be relied on.

2 or 3 months Chill? Come on old son, how about 2 or 3 years !!