Lanyard for SeaPass

Slyfox16

I have used a lanyard I won at Trivia for years and I love it.  it has a clear plastic front and a little pocket on the back with a zip.  You only have to lose your seapass card once and you love the solution of a lanyard. 

• Like 2

Not really answering the OP….

We are in our 60s.  I love a lanyard, DH hates them.  To each his own! 🤣🤣

I do prefer when you can punch the card and not use a pouch, but it’s a minor issue. I use one on every cruise…Celebrity, Cunard, Hal, NCL, Viking, Oceania…. I think I was the only person on Oceania who wore one.   Didn’t bother me a bit, but I noticed it after a lady complimented me on mine and asked where I got it.

This would be an fun survey as a separate thread…

Edited by njpln

I use to Sail on Carnival.   Had great times and  enjoyed all of those cruises.   I then found Celebrity and decided this is the crusie line for me 

On Carnival it was like a status symbol to wear your cabin card on a lanyard to flaunt their  status.  The cards were color coded showing your level in their loyalty club.  Many also attached all of the  pins that were given for every cruise and ship they were on on the fabric and also wore vests if not enough room    They were really proud about the amount of cruises they sailed on Carnival 

It was comical when I started sailing on X as I could always tell the passengers that were curious about the level on Celebrity I was on because my card was a different color than theirs that they from the Carnival line 

if wearing a lanyard works for you then go for it.  We don’t always have pockets or a place to carry that stuff

I am not a lanyard fan.  I worked in a factory and part of my job was safety.   I don’t want a noose around my neck.unless it is a break away.   Stuff gets snagged very easy and could end up in a fatality. 

My question is where do you carry  your phone?    Celebrity wants you  to use your phone for almost everything from opening the door,  opening and closing the drapes, setting cabin temp, accessing the daily paper and etc. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

I use to Sail on Carnival.   Had great times and  enjoyed all of those cruises.   I then found Celebrity and decided this is the crusie line for me 

On Carnival it was like a status symbol to wear your cabin card on a lanyard to flaunt their  status.  The cards were color coded showing your level in their loyalty club.  Many also attached all of the  pins that were given for every cruise and ship they were on on the fabric and also wore vests if not enough room    They were really proud about the amount of cruises they sailed on Carnival 

It was comical when I started sailing on X as I could always tell the passengers that were curious about the level on Celebrity I was on because my card was a different color than theirs that they from the Carnival line 

if wearing a lanyard works for you then go for it.  We don’t always have pockets or a place to carry that stuff

I am not a lanyard fan.  I worked in a factory and part of my job was safety.   I don’t want a noose around my neck.unless it is a break away.   Stuff gets snagged very easy and could end up in a fatality. 

My question is where do you carry  your phone?    Celebrity wants you  to use your phone for almost everything from opening the door,  opening and closing the drapes, setting cabin temp, accessing the daily paper and etc. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I bring mostly cargo pants with pockets that work great for phones.  Also sort my polos, tees and other shirts so they all have pockets.  Phone, seapass or reading glasses - always need a pocket . . . 

or two.

So I learned a lot from this post. 

So there is no difference in the cards if it's first or 20th cruise?

Is the classic or premium pkg on the card?

So if pockets on bathing suits isn't the norm....where are all these cards being carried for us women?      I really don't want to have my wardrobe based on pockets.

Not a fan of carrying a purse everywhere....

Oh right, get hubby to hold on to it!

No seriously with phones & cards a necessity now, what is everyone doing?

On Royal Caribbean, you can go to guest services and have your card punched in the right spot. They know where to make the hole so it doesn't disrupt any card functions. Not sure if this is an option on Celebrity...

Also, if you don't like it around your neck, you can get one of those stretchy bracelets and attach to that instead. But a lanyard also offers a place to put your mask when you have it off, as well.

We’re in our 40s and have used lanyards for every cruise. Disney handed them out when we checked in each cruise so just got used to wearing them. From what I have heard you can have guest services punch the card because they know where the chip is. Apparently I type to slow as j rinks has the same answer. 

Edited by cgolf1

7 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We’re in our 40s and have used lanyards for every cruise. Disney handed them out when we checked in each cruise so just got used to wearing them. From what I have heard you can have guest services punch the card because they know where the chip is. Apparently I type to slow as j rinks has the same answer. 

Great minds think alike? 😁

• Like 1

I have always used a lanyard over my 37 years of cruising.  I used to have a hole punched in it for convenience, and then got a lanyard with a holder on it with a clear front. At first I wore it around my neck all the time.  But since I always carry some kind of a purse/bag with me, I now loop the lanyard around the strap of the purse and tuck everything inside the purse.  Still convenient to whip out and hold against the door/etc, and is not likely to fall out and get lost.

When I go ashore, I also tuck my drivers license inside the same holder with my key card, and for now, at least, will need to also include my vax card. Everything is convenient and safe. I wear it around my neck, and tuck it inside my clothes so it's not obvious to everyone once I have been beeped off the ship.  But it's safer around my neck than in any bag when on shore.

As for hubby?  Has never used a lanyard.  To each his own.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, eltigre said:

So I learned a lot from this post. 

So there is no difference in the cards if it's first or 20th cruise?

Is the classic or premium pkg on the card?

So if pockets on bathing suits isn't the norm....where are all these cards being carried for us women?      I really don't want to have my wardrobe based on pockets.

Not a fan of carrying a purse everywhere....

Oh right, get hubby to hold on to it!

No seriously with phones & cards a necessity now, what is everyone doing?

For my wife, daytime wear her Seapass card is in her slacks or short pants pocket if she's not carrying a purse. In the evening she always has a small clutch type purse (she would be impressed that I knew the style name) so that's where her Seapass card goes. No problem for me either as all my pants, short and long have pockets. None of my T-shirts or golf/polo style shirts have pockets. What do you do with your phone, money and cards when you aren't cruising. In my life while on vacation my phone isn't a necessity. We only take one with us and it's always off and in the safe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

We're very senior and we use lanyards. More convenient for us. We may look silly but we don't care. 

Just happy to be alive. 😀😂

If the lanyards are convenient for you, then it doesn't matter what others think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

If the lanyards are convenient for you, then it doesn't matter what others think. 

Oh Yea ?? Let's say you are ELITE and you want to show it off ??

Don't ya wanna feel " Important " and a like a " Big Shot " after spendin all them $$$ and , and, and .

Holy cow, there was this couple on our last cruise, oops, every cruise , who were celebrating their 10,000 day on Celebrity and ya shoulda seen what he had around his neck. 

Luckily for him , it didn't get caught in his bow tie !!

Luckily for us, we " only "  had to " put our hands together " for 3 minutes for them but did not have to give them a standing ovation. ( Too many old folks on board to do that ).

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Don't ya wanna feel " Important " and a like a " Big Shot " after spendin all them $$$ and , and, and .

Holy cow, there was this couple on our last cruise, oops, every cruise , who were celebrating their 10,000 day on Celebrity and ya shoulda seen what he had around his neck. 

Luckily for us, we " only "  had to " put our hands together " for 3 minutes for them but did not have to give them a standing ovation. ( Too many old folks on board to do that ).

You'd have to get so close to me to read the "Elite" on my SeaPass that I would have asked you to step back 2 feet prior.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

You must be speaking for yourself as to why and what you do. What do you do walk around and stare at others Seapass cards on their lanyards. :classic_rolleyes: Remember, social distancing of at least 6 feet. 😁

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What do you do walk around and stare at others Seapass cards on their lanyards

LOL--- Wrong--- who cares about Seapass cards on a lanyard ?-- Geez---We are Elite --  " almost "  Zenith.

I might stare as long as  " you know who " isn't watching.

Ever tell you about this " old f--t " with a beautiful 32 yr old, etc, etc---  Yup, I stared !!

18 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Wrong--- who cares about Seapass cards on a lanyard ?-- Geez---We are Elite --  " almost "  Zenith.

I might stare as long as  " you know who " isn't watching.

Ever tell you about this " old f--t " with a beautiful 32 yr old, etc, etc---  Yup, I stared !!

TMI. Don't shoot the messenger, you are the one that brought it up. 

• Like 1