Tired of all this after 2 years?last cruise you were on?

thefog

We took a short, 5 night Carnival cruise as introduction to cruising to my then 5 year old great grandson along with my son and grandson. We combined the cruise with a few days in Orlando.That was one year ago next week.

We had two more cruises planned for that year - one was canceled and one we L&S, (which has been changed 3X.)

My next cruise is scheduled for October, 2022.

Last cruise - Harmony in Oct 2019, had booked Freedom for the next April and then had it cancelled with COVID. 😭

Finally took the plunge and booked Odyssey for end of March - still figuring out logistics of getting out of and returning to canada though 😑

• Like 1

Last cruise : September 10-17 2021 on Ovation to Alaska.   BEST CRUISE EVER!   Only about 1900 guests onboard.  Im ruined forever Im afraid.  It will definitely be hard to get back on a 100% capacity ship. 

Our last cruise was on the Summit  Jan 14 - 25, 2020 leaving from San Juan, PR to the Dutch Antilles.  Everything seemed "normal" no inking of anything unusual occurring(in the real world) until we got in the airport to return home .  We noticed many face masks on fellow travelers waiting to board our flight.  There was a  general uneasiness and extreme pushiness as if people were trying to escape San Juan.  Many people were waiting to see if they could get on our flight! My husband and I wondered 'what do they know that we don't'; was "the news" edited a board the ship??  

Driving home from the airport we heard about COVID.    A few days later at home we came down with "something" that lasted about 10 days which included a very scratchy throat, bad headaches, some  congestion, body aches, extreme fatigue ...no fever though. 

We have had 6 cruises canceled in the past two years and hope to cruise in a few days...

• Like 1

Just DH and I on Adventure Dec 2019.  With our kids on Navigator Aug 2019.

Lost Anthem March 2020, Mariner Aug 2020, Harmony March 2021, Freedom Aug 2021 and Anthem Dec 2021.

So yes, just as per OPs title, really tired of this.  We are going to try for Anthem in March as this would be the third March break that we would lose, but there are many hurdles to get there with keeping covid away (and then as a Canadian, hurdles get home as per our horrible government)

Edited by LuCruise

Last cruise  was jan 9 thru jan 20th on Anthem.   Had a very nice time and really enjoyed the low capacity.

Prior was  22 or 23 night b2b on Serenade jan to feb 2020.    After being in airport with many sick people from the miami super bowl we were both very sick the following week.  

Next one is a b2b on Anthem end of March.   

• Like 1

Last cruise was August 2018 on Radiance in Alaska. We were scheduled to do TP from Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2020, but of course that got cancelled. We have booked and re-booked 5 times since. Sailing on Odyssey at the end of the month, and Harmony in September.

Our last cruise was last week on MSC Seashore.

Before that we were on Allure of the Seas (our first RCL cruise!) last October.

Before that was pre-covid January 2020 on MSC Meraviglia.

We've loved both our recent cruises. The low passenger counts made for a very quiet but also very friendly atmosphere that was a real contrast to the typical packed cruise ship.

Last cruise was February 2019 to the ABC Islands. We had a cruise booked to Tahiti March 2020. Tahiti closed their port 3 days before we were to fly there. Our travel insurance would not pay anything. We lost some money. We're still trying to use our Delta e-credits. We traveled to Canada last September. The last minute PCR tests are stressful waiting to see if everyone can travel. We were planning on a cruise out of Barcelona to Copenhagen in April 2022. We just canceled our flights last week. We didn't want to cruise and not see any ports. We also were planning on traveling by car for a week after and didn't want to test to get into other countries. For now we are traveling in the USA. I can't wait for it to become easier. Our family is vaccinated and boosted. Over the holidays 6 out of 14 immediate family members got Covid. Hoping to cruise again soon but not quite ready yet.

Carnival Sunshine out of Charleston, South Carolina, February 2020, right before things went sideways.  It was a last minute thing because we happened to be visiting Charleston anyway.  (Went down to see our youngest son off to Afghanistan so I figured a cruise right afterwards would take my mind off it a bit.)   Even though it was our least favorite cruise of all time we are glad we went considering all that's happened since.  We've been trying to do the Baltics for 3 years now and we most recently canceled Anthem1/31/22 because of the increased masking and uncertainty surrounding ports and entertainment.  Hoping things improve in time for our next one in May or we will likely cancel again.