Fort Lauderdale hotel with 24 hour Airport shuttle

Grankm21

Looking for recommendations for a hotel near Port Everglades that has a free 24 hour airport shuttle.  A bonus if they also offer a port shuttle for a fee.  Our flight doesn’t land until 11:30pm so it will most likely be after midnight by the time we get our luggage.  We are traveling with one child and we’d prefer not to bring a car seat which makes traveling by shuttle preferred.  We will only be stay at the hotel for one night.  Thanks in advance!

If you don't get enough responses, this will require some additional research on your part:

Go to the Fort Lauderdale tourism website:  https://www.sunny.org/plan-your-trip/cruisers/cruise-hotels/

Filter: 

More Amenities>Show More> Shuttle Service- Airport

More Amenities>Show More> Shuttle Service- Port

Compare the two lists to determine which hotels offer both shuttles (although there are 24 listed in each category I didn't check to see if they are identical).

Make phone calls to the hotels for details.  Be sure to call the actual hotel, not the hotel company's toll free number.

Asking for a 24-hour shuttle will put an extreme limit on your hotel choices - I would choose a hotel that meets my budget, location and other needs as transport is easy to figure out; taxis are always available, and usually Uber/Lyft, and the meter fare to hotels near FLL or in the downtown/17th street areas should be about $15+tip

A tangential thought:  How old is your child?  If 4 or over and weighing at least 40 pounds have you considered an inflatable booster seat for short rides (whether in a taxi, Uber/Lyft, or a shuttle)?  This is what we have used for our granddaughter since she was 4 and highly recommend:  hiccapop UberBoost Inflatable Booster Car Seat.  BubbleBum Inflatable Booster Car Seat also gets excellent reviews on Amazon and by posters to this forum.

With a booster you will not be limited to a shuttle and, even if taking a shuttle, it will be safer for your child.

You could also go to hotel group websites like Hilton, Marriott, etc. Enter Fort Lauderdale and then select hotels that provide airport shuttle. They’ll have a map function that will show all of the locations, so you can zoom in to see the proximity to the airport and port.

Embassy Suites now charges for its airport shuttle. I'm staying there tonight and called from the airport. It was going to be $15 for me (traveling solo) and $16 for a couple. I took a taxi instead of waiting for the shuttle.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Embassy Suites now charges for its airport shuttle. I'm staying there tonight and called from the airport. It was going to be $15 for me (traveling solo) and $16 for a couple. I took a taxi instead of waiting for the shuttle.

I didn't ever think it was a free shuttle. We stayed there many times over the years and always had to take a taxi. We now stay at Hyatt Place $2.00 per room reservation for their shuttle from FLL to hotel.....not a fan of the ES any longer....and it's not because of the shuttle situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I didn't ever think it was a free shuttle. We stayed there many times over the years and always had to take a taxi. We now stay at Hyatt Place $2.00 per room reservation for their shuttle from FLL to hotel.....not a fan of the ES any longer....and it's not because of the shuttle situation.

I was writing in response to what CruiserBruce posted above about that it used to be free. I did not have any recollection of it either way from our stays here before Covid. We love the Hyatt Place, but it was considerably more for this trip.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Ashland said:

Did you stay at the Hyatt Place at 91 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach?  I'm looking at that one.  We are flying in on a Thursday night late for a Saturday cruise.  Looks like it's close to Dania Point which looks like it would have some nice shopping and restaurants within walking distance.  Not entirely sure what we'd do all day on Friday, but have a little time to figure it out.  Originally we were going to fly in late Friday night, but found out we can get Friday off from work as well, so going to go down a day early to relax.

1 hour ago, ski_mom said:

Did you stay at the Hyatt Place at 91 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach?  I'm looking at that one.  We are flying in on a Thursday night late for a Saturday cruise.  Looks like it's close to Dania Point which looks like it would have some nice shopping and restaurants within walking distance.  Not entirely sure what we'd do all day on Friday, but have a little time to figure it out.  Originally we were going to fly in late Friday night, but found out we can get Friday off from work as well, so going to go down a day early to relax.

No....not the Dania beach Hyatt. We stayed at Hyatt Place 1851 SE 10th Ave. It's the better location. Right next to the Harbor Shopping center...Publix market and lots of shops and restaurants our favorite Duffy's. 

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

No....not the Dania beach Hyatt. We stayed at Hyatt Place 1851 SE 10th Ave. It's the better location. Right next to the Harbor Shopping center...Publix market and lots of shops and restaurants our favorite Duffy's. 

Ah, I see that one now.  Thanks for much!

• Like 1