Emed package delivered now have questions

Lorey2007

I ordered the Emed tests package of 6 on Sunday. Yesterday I got a confirmation that they were shipped and I received them today. That was great service. 

Now the question the carboard shipping box has an eMed label, separate from the shipping label, with a large QR code it says: 

scan QR code to start testing or visit eMed.com

ID# a-berdbnf-erf-aaa-aad (not real number)

Can I open the carboard shipping box to make sure I have received the 6 tests. I don't plan on opening a test until I need to use one which would be later this month.  I would just like to check the contents and the expiration date.  Also the box has some loose stuff rattling around in it is that unusual?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I ordered the Emed tests package of 6 on Sunday. Yesterday I got a confirmation that they were shipped and I received them today. That was great service. 

Now the question the carboard shipping box has an eMed label, separate from the shipping label, with a large QR code it says: 

scan QR code to start testing or visit eMed.com

ID# a-berdbnf-erf-aaa-aad (not real number)

Can I open the carboard shipping box to make sure I have received the 6 tests. I don't plan on opening a test until I need to use one which would be later this month.  I would just like to check the contents and the expiration date.  Also the box has some loose stuff rattling around in it is that unusual?

Thanks

You can open the outer shipping box. You cannot open the test boxes until instructed to do so by a proctor while taking the test(s). 

• Like 1

The shipping box, yes. The 6 individual boxes inside.. no. There is a small sleeve that slides, around each of the individual boxes. Once you get to that point, and they are separate, do not open.

I got mine the other day as well. This is the second time I have used them.

@Lorey2007Lucky you.  I ordered mine on Thursday, received a notice that they were being shipped and arrived in Newark on Saturday.  They were supposed to be here yesterday.  Today, status changed to "delayed, no information" and then tonight it says they are to be delivered tomorrow.  Still haven't left Newark though, they must like it there.  I'm hoping to have them by Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.   

It is really weird none of mine have the Cardboard sleeve on them.  The only reason that I knew they came with one, because one of the tests was opened in the box so I had to have them replace it.  The single replacement test came with the outer sleeve..?   I hope it isn't required.  But I guess I can put the sleeve around each box before we call the Proctor.  

3 hours ago, peagreenid said:

It is really weird none of mine have the Cardboard sleeve on them.  The only reason that I knew they came with one, because one of the tests was opened in the box so I had to have them replace it.  The single replacement test came with the outer sleeve..?   I hope it isn't required.  But I guess I can put the sleeve around each box before we call the Proctor.  

I think they just recently started putting the sleeve around them.  I don't remember the sleeve from the batch I used last year, but the ones I ordered for this year had the sleeve.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I don't remember the sleeve from the batch I used last year, but the ones I ordered for this year had the sleeve.

It was the other way around for me - the batch I ordered in September had sleeves, but the group I ordered in January did not.

6 hours ago, peagreenid said:

I just received a 6 pack from emed last week, none of them have the sleeve.  The one I used last month did not come with a sleeve either. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

I took a proctored test with a "sleeveless" test, and it went fine.  The scanning they want when you go to take the test is EITHER the bar code on the side of the package, or the QR code.  My iphone13 did not recognize the QR code, but picked up the bar code just fine, and I proceeded with the test.

The scanning is to verify you have a valid test kit.

10 hours ago, peagreenid said:

Mine didn't come with the outer sleeve either.

My order showed up last night.  No sleeve on boxes, just sealed shut with tape like you would see on a package in the drugstore.  DH commented that the expiration was something, 2023.  Lol. I’m guessing January.  I told him that was way longer than some of the kits others have received.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So if I use my laptop to do the test, how do I scan the bar code to get started?  Do I need to do that with my phone then switch to my laptop.  ???

You can just go to the emed website

On 2/3/2022 at 7:09 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Okay, great.  Found a video on YouTube of it too.  Thanks.

Here is a video, made by Tony of La Lido Loca, using the laptop for the emed test.  It game me courage to attempt the online test.  The proctored test is actually quite simple.  Tony does lots of videos about cruising -- about one a day.  

Edited by SherriZ366
added link

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Here is a video, made by Tony of La Lido Loca, using the laptop for the emed test.  It game me courage to attempt the online test.  The proctored test is actually quite simple.  Tony does lots of videos about cruising -- about one a day.  

I did find it, thank you so much!  I'm sure it'll help others too.