Yacht Club Daily Newspaper?

PDXer2

When I sailed on Meraviglia in 2020 as a YC guest, I was surprised to have a choice of papers and was pleased to receive the one that I chose.  I forget mentioning that on CC as a YC amenity that other cruise lines do not offer.  

4 hours ago, PDXer2 said:

Are they still providing a daily newspaper in the Yacht Club?  Meraviglia 3/6/22

Your Butler should provide you with a list of choices. After making your selection, Butler delivers to your Suite each day in “special navy holder”.

Looks like small tote.

We consider it a delightful perk, and was still in place on our 25 night Seaview cruise Nov/Dec past. We received a newspaper every day, except the final two Sundays. Were told that they stopped printing the Sunday variants, although we definitely received the Sunday variant on the first Sunday. 

10 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

I didn’t last month.  Actual experience versus ‘thinking.’

How are you doing Dennis?  Back to cruising so soon I see.  We have not cruised for over 2 years.  Will be boarding Royal next month.  We will be back on Seashore this June to July. Going to be on her?  Have you been cruising MSC exclusively?  Have been back on Holland America?

Hope to see you and your lovely wife on another cruise. First drink is on me (in the top sail lounge of course 😉!  Be safe and happy cruising.

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

How are you doing Dennis?  Back to cruising so soon I see.  We have not cruised for over 2 years.  Will be boarding Royal next month.  We will be back on Seashore this June to July. Going to be on her?  Have you been cruising MSC exclusively?  Have been back on Holland America?

Hope to see you and your lovely wife on another cruise. First drink is on me (in the top sail lounge of course 😉!  Be safe and happy cruising.

Hi Frank! We started sailing again soon after restart in US.  We had a HAL cruise booked before the COVID suspension, but The Yacht Club is such a superior product we will likely remain with MSC for the foreseeable future.  I think we’ve had 4 short cruises since restart.  We sail again on the 13th. For some variety we do have an Explora Journey TA booked for 2023. 😀 Say hello to your wife and son. 

Edited by kelleherdl

2 hours ago, walters–mor said:

What newspapers can we choose from?

Not sure if there is a Danish newspaper, but they do have a lot of European papers.  Maybe they have "Politiken."  Keep in mind that the papers are not complete editions, but printed versions of electronic editions.  For example, the USA Today paper was 4 pages on Seaside, albeit large size ledger paper.

5 hours ago, JAGR said:

....Keep in mind that the papers are not complete editions, but printed versions of electronic editions.  For example, the USA Today paper was 4 pages on Seaside, albeit large size ledger paper.

That's interesting, the UK Daily Mail print for all our days was 60+ pages and felt like a pretty full version.

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

"Keep in mind that the papers are not complete editions, but printed versions of electronic editions.  For example, the USA Today paper was 4 pages on Seaside, albeit large size ledger paper."

Well, fry me in butter and call me a catfish!

I had expected these to be full-size newspapers, printed with a plotter from a transmitted PDF file. I further expected my YC butler, Wellington, would iron the paper before bringing it (and my morning eye-opener) to our room.

What is this world coming to?!?

b4a4c9dea8d7f6368176e8600faee737.jpg.68fdc13cfae2a2019cb909c7ae765d1a.jpg

• Haha 3

On 2/4/2022 at 10:52 PM, hamrag said:

That's interesting, the UK Daily Mail print for all our days was 60+ pages and felt like a pretty full version.

Mum had The Mail whilst we were onboard Fantasia in January and it was the full paper including adverts, so a heavy tome of wasted paper daily.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:16 AM, JAGR said:

Not sure if there is a Danish newspaper, but they do have a lot of European papers.  Maybe they have "Politiken."  Keep in mind that the papers are not complete editions, but printed versions of electronic editions.  For example, the USA Today paper was 4 pages on Seaside, albeit large size ledger paper.

This may have to do with relative size of the printed version of USA Today anymore. Washington Post was lengthy and felt like the full version. I see others have had the same experience. I used to love USA Today, but it isn't what it used to be.