Cirque du soleil on Meraviglia?

jansarts

On one of the many MSC cancelled cruises I was able to purchase  Cirque de Soleil show tickets in advance. The booking agent at MSC said yes  They're still on the ship, however I can't find any info about the shows or tickets. On another information page was told on the January 16th cruise there was no Cirque Du Soleil and didn't think they did these shows anymore. Anyone on a recent Meraviglia cruise have the correct answer?

I was on the Jan 23 sailing and there was no Cirque du Soleil performance. From what I understand, Cirque du Soleil filed for bankruptcy during Covid and will probably not be returning anytime soon, at least not to MSC ships

Edited by JT1962

13 hours ago, jansarts said:

On one of the many MSC cancelled cruises I was able to purchase  Cirque de Soleil show tickets in advance. The booking agent at MSC said yes  They're still on the ship, however I can't find any info about the shows or tickets. On another information page was told on the January 16th cruise there was no Cirque Du Soleil and didn't think they did these shows anymore. Anyone on a recent Meraviglia cruise have the correct answer?

They haven’t been on ship since 2020

and are not here.

Great rock band uses the venue…Off the Record, On the Rocks.

• Like 1

It is too bad that one of the things gone from MSC Meraviglia is the Cirque shows.

We sailed 2019 and enjoyed both shows.

sailed Meraviglia again in November .  We walked around venue one afternoon when it was empty. Beautiful views of the wake.  There are many unique things about this place. It was nice to have  time during day to take it all in. This space was designed by Cirque just for this ship. It is a unique venue. Perhaps it will be used as intended again .

Cirque is doing performances around the country , just had a week in Seattle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

This space was designed by Cirque just for this ship. It is a unique venue. Perhaps it will be used as intended again .

The new company is using this venues exactly the same way as CdS before. Also same setup, two different shows, cocktail included and so on. 

Is the new company same/better/worse than CdS? I dont know, MSC is rolling it out on the other ships, it was available on the Virtuosa last week (and quite heavily promoted), I did not go, other passengers said they liked it. 

5 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

The new company is using this venues exactly the same way as CdS before. Also same setup, two different shows, cocktail included and so on. 

Is the new company same/better/worse than CdS? I dont know, MSC is rolling it out on the other ships, it was available on the Virtuosa last week (and quite heavily promoted), I did not go, other passengers said they liked it. 

Not on Merav

On ship for several sailings now

No cirque

Its being used for rock band at 10:30..not every night

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, phissy said:

It is too bad that one of the things gone from MSC Meraviglia is the Cirque shows.

We sailed 2019 and enjoyed both shows.

I only attended one show--Viaggio--and I really enjoyed it.  Had not been a fan of the Cirque type shows on Celebrity, but the one I attended on Meraviglia was great.  I hope that MSC will be able to bring it back.  The theater where the show was performed was very well designed for such a performance.  

• Like 1

no charge for the rock show on the Meraviglia. there was in the beginning I believe with some sort of signature drink but that has been done away with. The band is fantastic and a highlight of the nightly entertainment 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cocod08 said:

no charge for the rock show on the Meraviglia. there was in the beginning I believe with some sort of signature drink but that has been done away with. The band is fantastic and a highlight of the nightly entertainment 

On Mera Feb 20, hope to enjoy rock band. Does band play throughout entire evening or is it a one-time show each evening?

12 hours ago, cellfree said:

On Mera Feb 20, hope to enjoy rock band. Does band play throughout entire evening or is it a one-time show each evening?

Its a one time show each night at 10:30 and each night as a theme. they do have one night off but its fun to see the band members out and about on the ship. 

12 hours ago, cocod08 said:

Its a one time show each night at 10:30 and each night as a theme. they do have one night off but its fun to see the band members out and about on the ship. 

Thank you for reply, good to know.

Because you seem to be recently off the Mera, I am taking the liberty of asking you a completely unrelated question - is there conditioner in the dispensers in the shower? We have cruised the Mera once but it has been a very long time. 

10 hours ago, cellfree said:

Thank you for reply, good to know.

Because you seem to be recently off the Mera, I am taking the liberty of asking you a completely unrelated question - is there conditioner in the dispensers in the shower? We have cruised the Mera once but it has been a very long time. 

No just body wash and shampoo. Not sure if in YC you get conditioner. I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner but the bodywash was decent. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

https://oceandrive.com/msc-cruises-announces-new-shows-onboard-meraviglia-ships
They introduced 7 new "Carousel at Sea" paid Cirque-type shows in March. They do not use the name Cirque, so I assume it is a new company. I have not been able to find out the time, but they do say they do it 6 nights/week, and I assume it will be around 10 or so when they were doing the On the Rocks show in Carousel. If bought before the cruise, it is 10 pounds/$12, $15 if bought onboard, and includes a signature cocktail. The shows on Meraviglia are House of Houdini and Rock Circus.

Edited by amypmom23
forgot last line

We were on Virtuosa recently which is a Meraviglia class ship and they had two Carousel at Sea shows available , which are cirque style (acrobatics, high flying, etc) separate from the free shows in the main theatre - I may be wrong but I think each Mera ship has two of these shows you can pick from. We saw Arkymea which was brilliant! Highly recommend. And we will be watching the other option (a chess themed one I forgot the name of) when we go back on the ship in May. So while the partnership with Cirque no longer exists, you can still see high quality shows in that style. I believe they had 2 showings of these each night , with the show itself rotating each day (meaning if you wanted to watch one of the two shows specifically, it was every 2 nights - again I may have this slightly wrong). These cost 15 euros when on the ship but we paid 9 euros by booking before the cruise online, and just went and booked the time we wanted when we boarded.