Received our new Medallions..

curlybelle2

Just received our medallion. Are they waterproof?  They are different than the last time we cruised, no plastic thingy just a lanyard with hook to attach to the medallion.  Do you all just use the lanyard around your neck or purchase an upgrade item to hold the medallion?

Have fun on your cruise.  I wore that lanyard that was provided.  Princess sent me some swag which included a watch band for the medallion, a pocket-sized medallion holder, and a plastic holder.  I tried the watch one; but settled on the lanyard

• Like 1

The sustainable watch band worked best for me. 
Bought it and have already used it on 4 cruises, it’s rather sturdy and I cleaned it with just soap and water.

If the lanyard isn’t your thing, visit the shop once on board to try other options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

Just received our medallion. Are they waterproof?  They are different than the last time we cruised, no plastic thingy just a lanyard with hook to attach to the medallion.  Do you all just use the lanyard around your neck or purchase an upgrade item to hold the medallion?

I bought a necklace off EBay. It has a metal back, so the magnet on the medallion sticks onto that. It sounds like they've changed the medallion since I cruised last fall, so I'm not sure my necklace will still work. Does anybody know if the medallions are still magnetized?

The first medallion cruise we went on they sent us lanyards and cases for them to go in with little backings, and watch bands. I found a a little belt clip holder the was selling for $5 so I bought it....that's the one I like best.

13 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

Thanks for your replies. I think I might buy a wrist band when we get on the ship. As long as they aren't too expensive.  I don't want to purchase one online and then have it not be the right size.

Bought mine on the Majestic in August for $16.

My medallion arrived today!  It makes the cruise seem real. I’m obsessively wearing a KN95 mask everywhere.  I’m boosted but we have had several family members get omicron after being boosted so I’m not taking any chances. 🤞🏻

I bought a Brighton lanyard onboard Regal in November.  It fits the new small round case.  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

If someone is that concerned about catching the virus then cruising is probably not the best option right now. 

it may just be the timing - I still mask when going out but the two weeks before the cruise I was essentially a hermit purely because I didn’t want to test positive and miss the cruise. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If someone is that concerned about catching the virus then cruising is probably not the best option right now. 

More of not becoming Covid positive prior to the cruise than acquiring it onboard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I bought a necklace off EBay. It has a metal back, so the magnet on the medallion sticks onto that. It sounds like they've changed the medallion since I cruised last fall, so I'm not sure my necklace will still work. Does anybody know if the medallions are still magnetized?

Yes, they are.

They aren't very strong magnets. With the lanyard on them, they wouldn't stick to the cabin walls, but hang the lanyard on something, and the medallion will then stick to the wall just fine.

44 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

Yes, they are.

They aren't very strong magnets. With the lanyard on them, they wouldn't stick to the cabin walls, but hang the lanyard on something, and the medallion will then stick to the wall just fine.

For my purposes, they only need to stick to the metal back of my necklace. I guess I'll find out if it still works when I get my medallion for our next cruise. 😃

32 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

For my purposes, they only need to stick to the metal back of my necklace. I guess I'll find out if it still works when I get my medallion for our next cruise. 😃

I wouldn't count on the that magnetic medallion to hold unless there's some sort of backup. It's extremely weak and only meant to position itself in their jewelry.

Possibly a piece of double sided sticky tape?

That doesn't affect it's performance in the slightest. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I wouldn't count on the that magnetic medallion to hold unless there's some sort of backup. It's extremely weak and only meant to position itself in their jewelry.

Possibly a piece of double sided sticky tape?

That doesn't affect it's performance in the slightest. 

Might need to do that. 

17 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

Thanks for your replies. I think I might buy a wrist band when we get on the ship. As long as they aren't too expensive.  I don't want to purchase one online and then have it not be the right size.

App shows two types of wrist bands, the regular one say $10 in the app, the other is the ocean collection one, says $17 in app.