NCL to allow unvaccinated children beginning March 1

BermudaBound2014

I didn’t see this posted yet… Changes to allow children under 5. IMO this should come as no surprise. It was only a matter of time before protocols are relaxed. They have to start filling the ships. Next financials released the last week of February and if RCLs release is any indication it looks to be brutal. 

DDA1E118-1A6A-4A24-87DA-90ADAA9B0750.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I didn’t see this posted yet… Changes to allow children under 5. IMO this should come as no surprise. It was only a matter of time before protocols are relaxed. They have to start filling the ships. Next financials released the last week of February and if RCLs release is any indication it looks to be brutal. 

DDA1E118-1A6A-4A24-87DA-90ADAA9B0750.jpeg

I wonder what the 'updated mask coverings policy' refers to?  Something new or does that just mean that masks are now required?  The testing 'change' is not that new...

12 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I wonder what the 'updated mask coverings policy' refers to?  Something new or does that just mean that masks are now required?  The testing 'change' is not that new...

If anything, because there will be unvaccinated kids, it'sll probably be stricter.

I wonder if they will allow people to cancel.  I signed up for a "no kids, no mask, completely vaccinated/tested cruise".  Not happy!

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If anything, because there will be unvaccinated kids, it'sll probably be stricter.

I wonder if they will allow people to cancel.  I signed up for a "no kids, no mask, completely vaccinated/tested cruise".  Not happy!

Totally agree with you. 

Not happy either!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can certainly understand some disappointment, but NcL is a family line. They have next to zero chance of survival if they don’t start filling ships and attracting families is a logical first step. Last July I predicted the 100% vaccinated policy would last 6 months. Quite frankly, I’m surprised it will last 8. Feb 24th is going to be very very Interesting for anyone who loves this line. 

• Like 8

I don't have any issue with it. It is time to stop following failure and move on from it. Heck if you get it, you only are quarantined for 2 days now. If you have no signs, you aren't even required to quarantine. Time to move along. If you are sick, stay home. If not, live your life.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I have friends sailing right now and were told that this morning there will be an announcement on board as to whether masks will still be required.

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Now is the time to resume living our lives.  You stay home if you don't want "germ magnets" on your cruise.  

Respectfully, I think it is possible to both go on a cruise and get what you are paying for.  This changes the equation a good bit. 

• Like 1

I think this is a good idea and should help sales.  It would be better even if they allowed unvaccinated kids under 12 like RCL but this is a step in the right direction.  I want NCL to survive and go on my scheduled cruise this Fall.

For those who worried if you are vaccinated and boosted, the risks are low. 

Edited by Crazy planning mom
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, meglet said:

I wonder if there are some ports that won't allow children who aren't vaccinated.

I am not sure about that, but I do know that on Disney if your child is unvaccinated, you must use the ship's port excursions and cannot get off independently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

Ships are sailing 100% covid free starting March 1 by requiring testing 2 days prior to cruise. 

I am not sure that would be true.  Someone with a recent infection could test negative 48 hours out if they have not developed enough of a viral load.  Other lines have required pre-testing and testing at port and covid still manages to get onto ships.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I don't have any issue with it. It is time to stop following failure and move on from it. Heck if you get it, you only are quarantined for 2 days now. If you have no signs, you aren't even required to quarantine. Time to move along. If you are sick, stay home. If not, live your life.

This is not true, you are supposed to quarantine 5 days, longer with symptoms. If you are asymptomatic you are still supposed to quarantine 5 days. My daughter just tested positive at college, her key card will not work at building on campus for 5 days. Can you link where you got your information?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I think this is a good idea and should help sales.  It would be better even if they allowed unvaccinated kids under 12 like RCL but this is a step in the right direction.  I want NCL to survive and go on my scheduled cruise this Fall.

For those who worried if you are vaccinated and boosted, the risks are low. 

I have nothing against "children" per se.  I do have something against allowing "unvaccinated human beings" on a ship...IF they are going to require/extend masking up because of "the unvaccinated".

IMHO,it's a step in the wrong direction...because the chance of someone being infected is much higher if unvaccinated.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Just now, footballbabe3 said:

We have a cruise paid for in April. If they do this we will be getting our money back 

We have one the end of March.  I'm waiting to see what the mask policy is going to be....and if NCL will issue refunds.  Kids+masks required=give me my money back!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have nothing against "children" per se.  I do have something against allowing "unvaccinated human beings" on a ship...IF they are going to require/extend masking up because of "the unvaccinated".

IMHO,it's a step in the wrong direction...because the chance of someone being infected is much higher if unvaccinated.

RCL and Carnival have been allowing unvaccinated children all along without an issue.  The only time there were outbreaks it was due to Omicron and infected all age groups.  Pre-Omicron, RCL had vaccinated areas where vaccinated people didn't have to mask.  Perhaps, NCL will adopt something similar.

Edited by Crazy planning mom
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We have one the end of March.  I'm waiting to see what the mask policy is going to be....and if NCL will issue refunds.  Kids+masks required=give me my money back!

What if it is kids allowed as long as negative but no masks?  I really think by April 1st, unless there is an issue with a new wave, this will be where all the lines are headed.

New policy posted this morning(I think):

Cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 28, 2022:

All guests and crew are required to wear masks onboard with the following exceptions:

• While indoors unless actively eating/drinking or seated at a table in a dining setting.
  • While outdoors when physical distancing cannot be achieved.
  • While in your stateroom.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

For sailings originating from a U.S. port:

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom.   Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained.  The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest. 

For sailings originating from a European port:

Local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard while indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible.

Face masks that have two or more layers that completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly on your face are permitted. Face masks should block light when held up to bright light source. Masks with exhalation valves or vents; single layer or masks made of thin fabric that don't block light (i.e. neck gaiters) are not permitted.

For all sailings:

All crew members are required to wear face coverings while onboard.

In addition, local regulations must be adhered to while in port.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, jstewartgt said:

New policy posted this morning(I think):.................

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom.   Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained.  The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest. 

Face masks that have two or more layers that completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly on your face are permitted. Face masks should block light when held up to bright light source. Masks with exhalation valves or vents; single layer or masks made of thin fabric that don't block light (i.e. neck gaiters) are not permitted.

For all sailings:

Could you please give the link for that?

Thanks.

Doug

7 minutes ago, jstewartgt said:

New policy posted this morning(I think):

Cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 28, 2022:

All guests and crew are required to wear masks onboard with the following exceptions:

• While indoors unless actively eating/drinking or seated at a table in a dining setting.
  • While outdoors when physical distancing cannot be achieved.
  • While in your stateroom.

For sailings originating from a European port:

Local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard while indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible.

For all sailings:

This is huge news.  Perhaps, this should be a separate post into itself.

• Like 1