When does a child get adult's Crown & Anchor status update?

drrich2

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Then he must have cruised without you knowing it :classic_wink:

LOL. I don't recall him disappearing for 5 or 6 days. But even if he did, wouldn't we all have the same status?

The only thing I can come up with is, 5 years ago we sailed on IOS for 5 nights. My husband and son have the same first name, different middle name. Sometime before the cruise I noticed that on the confirmation my husband's C&A number was listed under both of their names. I called to have my son's number put under his name. It was sometime after that cruise that my husband's had gained extra points. So I don't know if somehow my son's points were applied to my husband's account. I know it doesn't make sense, but nothing makes sens about it. 

17 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Doesn't unlinking a partner revert the status to actual earned points status? 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hard to say, that's the theory

It did for me when I was unlinked from my wife.

She had 146 points, I had 137.  I never called to unlink but C&A accounts got all messed up with the same e mail being on all 4 accounts and kids turning 18 so 3 of us had to have new accounts created.  Since we were both Diamond I never bothered to link our accounts.  Mine was set to the 137 hers at 146.  

Not sure if it would be different if we had kept the same account numbers and unlinked or not. 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It did for me when I was unlinked from my wife.

She had 146 points, I had 137.  I never called to unlink but C&A accounts got all messed up with the same e mail being on all 4 accounts and kids turning 18 so 3 of us had to have new accounts created.  Since we were both Diamond I never bothered to link our accounts.  Mine was set to the 137 hers at 146.  

Not sure if it would be different if we had kept the same account numbers and unlinked or not. 

But you've passed her now😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They used to call that the Pinnacle Divorce. 

It's a little more complicated now, good luck.

Even without swapping partners, it can be lucrative to seperate after the lead spouse attains pinnacle.

Why you ask?

The milestone cruise certificates. 😉

And that's why it's hard to do now

I'm available for Pinny linking😇

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 6:23 PM, Another_Critic said:

Doesn't unlinking a partner revert the status to actual earned points status? 

No, they keep the status.  But they revert to their own earned points.

So SO of a D gets linked, SO gets D.  Sails a 3 night cruise.  They split up.  SO still has D, but with only 3 points, so a LONG way from D+.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:28 AM, dcgrumpy said:

Somehow my husband has 5 more points than the rest of us. He turned platinum before we did.  It's weird. If we go in and look at our accouns we all have the same amount of points. But his total shows 5 more points. 

The accounts are not linked.  If they were linked, they would all show the same points, that is the point level of the highest earned points.

21 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

so my dd has sailed with me since 2006 and is diamond. she is now 20. does that mean that if she sails without me she isnt diamond just because i paid for the cruises?

If you made D before she turned 18, and your accounts were linked, she should be D.

She can log into her C&A account see what her status is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

The accounts are not linked.  If they were linked, they would all show the same points, that is the point level of the highest earned points.

I called back when his level changed and they said we're all linked. I know at least one of us is linked to our kids because they've earned points when we cruised without them. 

He doesn't have more earned points, he's never cruised without me. He has 5 random points that don't even show when you look at his cruise history. 

3 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

I called back when his level changed and they said we're all linked. I know at least one of us is linked to our kids because they've earned points when we cruised without them. 

He doesn't have more earned points, he's never cruised without me. He has 5 random points that don't even show when you look at his cruise history. If his points were actually earned I would push the issue to figure out why the rest of us didn't get his points. 

Meant to edit, not quote 🙄

Edited by dcgrumpy

On 4/13/2022 at 10:09 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

so my dd has sailed with me since 2006 and is diamond. she is now 20. does that mean that if she sails without me she isnt diamond just because i paid for the cruises?

Royal doesn't care who paid for the cruise, only whose butt was actually on the cruise.

If your DD has accrued 80 or more points on her own (meaning she has cruised that much, regardless of who paid), she is still Diamond.

If your DD didn't cruise that much, but was linked to your account before she turned 18yo AND you turned Diamond/achieved 80+ points before she turned 18yo, she is still Diamond, even if she herself doesn't have 80 points.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:15 PM, brillohead said:

Royal doesn't care who paid for the cruise, only whose butt was actually on the cruise.

If your DD has accrued 80 or more points on her own (meaning she has cruised that much, regardless of who paid), she is still Diamond.

If your DD didn't cruise that much, but was linked to your account before she turned 18yo AND you turned Diamond/achieved 80+ points before she turned 18yo, she is still Diamond, even if she herself doesn't have 80 points.

awesome! thank you. She is def diamond then. 

• Like 1