Not Homer’s Odyssey - semi live Odyssey of the Seas

Tree_skier

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Tree_skier Hi Dave I apologize that I’m late to this fantastic review from you. I’m recovering from Knee replacement surgery last week so I have not been around. Sounds like you may need knee replacement after your Flow Rider experience. 😉

I’m loving all the cocktails you are trying. You are truly a champion. Cheers to you. You might have explained it earlier and I missed it or it’s just the Oxycodone making me fuzzy, how are you doing your scoring? Is that regular price vs average if having the DBP? Just curious how you get the numbers for your score? I’d like to try that on my next cruise.

I really need to try the giant meatball appetizer at Giovanni’s, that looks amazing. Pretty much a meal in itself. Looking for a new drink try the “Sea Dog Old Fashioned.”

1oz Bourbon

1oz Rye

1/2 oz simple syrup

1/2 Melitti Amaro or a substitute like Montenegro, or Angostura Bitters.

So glad I found this thread. Have a great time and thank you for your always fantastic review.

All you need is 1 beer and you've got a new version of an old George Thorogood tune (actually Amos Milburn, but who of us were around back then).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hope your self medicating is going well.  I can totally relate to this.  The last time I tried the standup I was dealing with a bit of a pinched nerve that was sort of on the mend until, like you, I wiped out and was thrown into the back wall against my bad shoulder.  A couple of acupuncture sessions on board ($$$) and a lot of Advil made the 24 hour drive home tolerable

1200 mg of Advil and a few drinks and I’m good. Thankfully I don’t have a 24 hour drive just a 2 hour flight to Dallas. 

I will persevere. 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Is this on all of the Oasis ships do you know? 

This is a quantum class ship. I’ve actually never been on a Oasis class that’s coming later this year. I don’t know what is on an Oasis class ship. I’m sure some will chime in with that info.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is a quantum class ship. I’ve actually never been on a Oasis class that’s coming later this year. I don’t know what is on an Oasis class ship. I’m sure some will chime in with that info.

Apologies! I had it in my head that it was an Oasis class ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

1200mg of Advil that’s a heavy dose. But who I am says the guy after taking Tramadol and Oxycodone and Tylenol? 😜 Hope your knee is better.

As someone who has had 6 knee surgeries (9 operations in total, all orthopedic), I feel both of your pain. (And I'm still on the wrong side of 40 to be as bionic as I am.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtremegk said:

As someone who has had 6 knee surgeries (9 operations in total, all orthopedic), I feel both of your pain. (And I'm still on the wrong side of 40 to be as bionic as I am.)

Wow and you have never had your knee replaced? Do you have much pain now?

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow and you have never had your knee replaced? Do you have much pain now?

Knee replacement is a very likely situation down the road -- I'm 37 and one knee is "pre-arthritic" (doctor's term). Pain is a regular thing, but manageable.

My favorite place on a cruise ship is the hot tub. Never feel better than going back and forth between the hot tub and pool.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise also.

First time on this beautiful ship.

Really enjoyed it.  We were very concerned with

the COVID and all the restrictions.  But we are so 

happy that we did go.   Royal took great care of us.

Hats off to all the crew.  They were amazing at keeping

us all safe. 

Really miss the Love and Marriage and the Quest show.

Can't wait for them to come back.

• Like 4

Thank you for this, we sail on Odyssey at the end of September (our only one this year due to work!) around the Med and are so looking forward to it after reading through your review. We sailed on Anthem twice last year on UK cruises and are looking forward to being able to get away on a longer cruise to sunnier climes. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the long delay in wrapping this up.  Debarkation was consumed by a flight and hours on the phone dealing with work while in the airport and then actually working Sunday night after we got in,.

The final night saw one last trip to Chops.  It was divine. I had the ribeye and my cut was excellent and big enough that I left some on my plate.  The baked potato was good as well.  

IMG_1659.thumb.jpeg.8c4ff9beba51346aeda58629a63a1d65.jpeg

Later we went to see The Effectors.   It was listed as a preview but according to the director we were going to see 95% of it. There was only one small part of one scene that was not available.  It had something to do with one of the characters flying around.  Another character was able to fly so it wasn't flying in general just that particular character.  I was a little skeptical going in as I'm not much for anything in the superhero genre.  However, this show absolutely wowed me.  The musical talent is extra ordinary and the tech will leave you speechless.  Between the synced screens moving around the stage and the actors perfect interaction with them to the illuminated drones plying around the stage like so many trained fireflies I could see this show a dozen times and not get bored. I don't have Odyssey on my schedule for the next couple of years but if I did I'd be looking forward to this show as much as anything.

IMG_1661.thumb.jpeg.a850f5f6a88c51885583d1e9a65b56d2.jpeg

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.e9da2620abe712092b1452f7f4faf9d8.jpeg

The next morning, after breakfast in the Windjammer, we reluctantly got off the ship and began our journey home.  It was a great cruise that I will long remember.  The staff were fantastic in every venue.  The ports of call were a first for us so that made it special as well.  The food in every restaurant were great and there wasn't a disappointing meal in the bunch.

Thanks for following along on my "Odyssey". It was fun to chronicle it and I enjoyed the interaction with all of you along the way.

We'll see you all aboard somewhere down the road.

Sorry I lost track of the overall score.  Suffice to say I made them pay.  🙂

Dave

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Oh, I almost forgot.

I did a quick cabin tour as well.  We had a standard balcony cabin but it was aft facing (my favorite)

Great cabin... 

Nice cabin and I really like the balcony and those chairs. Much better than the balcony chairs on Allure.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice cabin and I really like the balcony and those chairs. Much better than the balcony chairs on Allure.

DW spent a lot of time on the balcony.  She's a reader and loves peace and quiet.  Why she married me no one will always be one of the great mysteries of my life.  While I might enjoy the occasional moment of silence I'm a people watcher and don't spend a ton of time in the cabin, but it is nice, especially first thing in the morning.  The chairs were remarkably comfortable.

• Like 2