Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

I just made myself a watch-type bracelet with a removable band and Air Tag holder (from Amazon). Not super sleek but comfy, can change bands according to what I am wearing and INEXPENSIVE! I also have beaded lanyard type necklaces. I think I'll change the holder on the necklace to the black one...a little sleeker.

medallion.jpg

1632122994_medallionlanyard.JPG.57fe34b612fc86541041a3089a27aa76.jpg

holder.jpg

• Like 2

I guess I’m in the minority I hate the idea of the medallion and wish they’d go back to just flat lightweight card I could keep in my wallet. The watchband, lanyard are so unattractive and bulky looking. We never wore our cards around our neck either. Sorry to vent. I guess we will just have to live with it on our Princes Mexico cruise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

I guess I’m in the minority I hate the idea of the medallion and wish they’d go back to just flat lightweight card I could keep in my wallet. The watchband, lanyard are so unattractive and bulky looking. We never wore our cards around our neck either. Sorry to vent. I guess we will just have to live with it on our Princes Mexico cruise.

I did wear my card on a lanyard...it was just convenient to do so.  The medallion is a bit bulkier but not so bad.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, dockhl said:

I just made myself a watch-type bracelet with a removable band and Air Tag holder (from Amazon). Not super sleek but comfy, can change bands according to what I am wearing and INEXPENSIVE! I also have beaded lanyard type necklaces. I think I'll change the holder on the necklace to the black one...a little sleeker.

medallion.jpg

1632122994_medallionlanyard.JPG.57fe34b612fc86541041a3089a27aa76.jpg

holder.jpg

I like the striped band that you used...but I have a hard time finding one without a metal buckle.  I have a nickel allergy, so most baths don't work. 
This is what I used:8CCBD93C-3E52-4E15-93AE-23F875C47184_4_5005_c.jpeg.d4ec67b293c11d83c40b63836a9bc813.jpeg282E563D-8549-4E76-8F3B-6662E2A014C1_4_5005_c.jpeg.cb874c765c4a52dbfa59484cd7ef16ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, realnice46 said:

I just kept it in my pocket. Works fine. Neither of us has any desire to wear a lanyard. A travel companion used the lanyard but then stuck the medallion in his shirt pocket. Worked well for him but wouldn't work for me.

I have mine attached to the phone(camera) on a lanyard with a bottle opener

put down,  carry, pocket or round neck depending on circumstances.

can detach the lot from the phone, medallion is on  a small 20mm lobster clasp so easy to remove separately.

8 hours ago, realnice46 said:

You can still request the old style card at the Pass Serv. Desk.

I'm not sure it provides you with all the same features as the medallion but it will open your door, let you make purchases and get you on and off the ship. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 1:51 AM, jdacombe said:

I bought one of those plastic watch strap types and had no problem at all with it.

So did I and I have used it on three cruises now. The Medallion sits in it firmly and has never fallen out. Cost about $12 on the ship when I bought it pre Covid. If you just want to wear it similar to a watch I don't know why for that price you'd bother looking for similar cheaper options. Thousands of dollars spent on a cruise yet some try to beat the $12-15 that you can get them for on board. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Everyone needs to make sure you do not get it near your charge cards. It will clean them because of the magnets.

Good point. 
Ours are locked in the safe during a cruise. Mostly use cash in port.

If we do use a card, DH carries it in his wallet--I like to travel lite.

But I do have some solo cruises coming up so it is a good thing to remember.

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You can still request the old style card at the Pass Serv. Desk.

I'm not sure it provides you with all the same features as the medallion but it will open your door, let you make purchases and get you on and off the ship. 

Thank you I think we will do that.

we got some Everact (Fitbit Zip) clip holders off Amazon ... mine usually starts out somewhere clipped on my shirt, but often ends up in my pocket (still in the clip) if I have to take it off to scan it

11 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Unlike the old cruise cards, the magnets in the Medallions aren't strong enough to cancel your credit cards. The cards issued by hotels are probable easily cancelled also. 

Not doubting you but how do you know. I pretty much thought any magnet next to a credit card could cause problems.

Unlike the old cruise cards, the magnets in the Medallions aren't strong enough to cancel your credit cards. The cards issued by hotels are probable easily cancelled also. 

Please do not start this again. You have no idea what you are talking about. Again. There are 4 cobalt strong magnets surrounding the medallion. They are used to activate the table top readers. They most definitely will clean a charge cards magnetic strip.

• Like 1

Old cruise cards did not ahve a magnet in them. What are you talking about?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Haven't everyone moved to chip based bank cards making the mag strip redundant?

Generally yes but I have had times where the chip cannot be read and have had to swipe the strip. Some of our supermarket rewards cards still only have the strip, not that I would take them on an overseas trip.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leck57 said:

Not doubting you but how do you know. I pretty much thought any magnet next to a credit card could cause problems.

I've placed a medallion next to all my credit cards and the magnets do not cancel them. It takes a much stronger magnet to do that. The magnets in the medallion simply aren't strong enough (no matter what some people believe) although if placed near a Princess cruise card they will cancel it. The Princess cards were only cheap temporary cards similar to parking lot and hotel cards and were never meant to stand up to that weak magnetic field. 

Give it a try with one of your credit cards as proof. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've placed a medallion next to all my credit cards and the magnets do not cancel them. It takes a much stronger magnet to do that. The magnets in the medallion simply aren't strong enough (no matter what some people believe) although if placed near a Princess cruise card they will cancel it. The Princess cards were only cheap temporary cards similar to parking lot and hotel cards and were never meant to stand up to that weak magnetic field. 

Give it a try with one of your credit cards as proof. 😉

Maybe because your cards have chips, which don’t get canceled like the strips used to?