Age to be booked in room next to parents?

topnole

We booked our 17 year old in the boardwalk balcony next to us with no connecting door inside for January 2022 with no problems. We book that Oasis trip while on Anthem in November 2021 and the next cruise staff was also looking at options at rooms across the hall from ours.

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The website is outdated.

I book kids in a separate room all the time for clients.  It does not even have to be beside, it can be directly across the hall

Ourusualbeach, do you have a way to contact you? I have this situation and saw that you are a travel agent.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, topnole said:

Yeah. I agree.  I’m just trying to determine what is allowed for booking purposes.  The kids would not be staying in the cabin alone at any point.  It would just be for booking purposes.  

why would it matter for booking purposes ?

just book 1 adult in each room . then sleep where you want.

Connecting cabins = same room basically , when door is left open

We booked 2 rooms (across hall from each other) w 1 teen and 1 adult in each room, but teens will sleep in 1, adults in other.  This is our 1st time cruising w kids.  For those w experience, do you get your seapass card updated once on board to access room you'll sleep in, or do you just deal w it?  It's only a 3 nighter, so it will be manageable either way.  Thanks for your thoughts.

6 hours ago, bt6799 said:

We booked 2 rooms (across hall from each other) w 1 teen and 1 adult in each room, but teens will sleep in 1, adults in other.  This is our 1st time cruising w kids.  For those w experience, do you get your seapass card updated once on board to access room you'll sleep in, or do you just deal w it?  It's only a 3 nighter, so it will be manageable either way.  Thanks for your thoughts.

You need to get a second seapass card for everyone who will access both rooms.  

There is no need to book an adult in each room.

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You need to get a second seapass card for everyone who will access both rooms.  

There is no need to book an adult in each room.

We're already booked.  We'll keep that in mind for next time.  Thank you.  Appreciate the suggestion about the 2nd seapass card.  

2 hours ago, bt6799 said:

We're already booked.  We'll keep that in mind for next time.  Thank you.  Appreciate the suggestion about the 2nd seapass card.  

If you want, you should be able to change names on the rooms. 

Our first cruise with kids was on Freedom.  We had connecting balconies.  DW & I in one, three kids (oldest 16, youngest 😎 in the other.

Second cruise also on Freedom.  Non-connecting (rear) balconies.  DW, DS, and me in one, 2x DDs, and friend (oldest 18) in the other.

We just got off another that we split (non-connecting).  Only difference was oldest in the other cabin was 19.

17 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

It mattered cause the adults (our friends) would’ve been booked in a star class suite and the kids right next door.  We decided against moving them in our suite due to potential Covid positive  (denied boarding) and  Cwc refund issues.   Way too much money on the line with that suite to create a complex issue of refund or no refunds among two different families.  But the main point is it mattered due to all the benefits adults get in Star class.  We were hoping our friends could get that too, but it got too complicated.   

18 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

It matters to OP because one parent would lose suite benefits if booked in another cabin. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The website is outdated.

I book kids in a separate room all the time for clients.  It does not even have to be beside, it can be directly across the hall

I have a situation coming up. I booked RCI for May, 2024. Two adjacent rooms. They are even in a secret hallway together with their own extra locking hallway door to just those two rooms. 

Booked husband in one room with one 18 year old and me next door with the other. Husband will not be going due to an unforeseen issue. 

@Ourusualbeach you’re saying I am okay? You’re a TA?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

PSA for those that may not pay attention to dates of posts. 

I know it’s an old thread but I can’t find one mor recent. The website, today, says connecting rooms. If so I have a problem I need solved in less than 2 weeks.

IMG_3955.png

12 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I have a situation coming up. I booked RCI for May, 2024. Two adjacent rooms. They are even in a secret hallway together with their own extra locking hallway door to just those two rooms. 

Booked husband in one room with one 18 year old and me next door with the other. Husband will not be going due to an unforeseen issue. 

@Ourusualbeach you’re saying I am okay? You’re a TA?

You are fine, and yes.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 1:12 PM, Merion_Mom said:

And in practice, the required proximity is adjacent OR connecting OR directly across the hall.

My kids were across the hall on several cruises, from ages 12 and 14. It was never an issue booking it that way but we always book direct with the cruise line.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I know it’s an old thread but I can’t find one mor recent.

Nothing wrong with posting in an older thread. 

I also had no issues twice writing the executive office and asking for our 19 or 20 year old nannies to have their own stateroom no where near our room when travelling with us when our boys were young. It seems that RCL will make exceptions if there is a reasonable reason to do so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chfenton said:

I also had no issues twice writing the executive office and asking for our 19 or 20 year old nannies to have their own stateroom no where near our room when travelling with us when our boys were young. It seems that RCL will make exceptions if there is a reasonable reason to do so.

Thank you! My two 18 year olds will be right next door so should be okay I guess.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

At this late  stage a no show is fine. 

@Ourusualbeach one last question.  I am finalizing plans - cruise is May 17. My companion who is the no show is in a 28-day inpatient alcohol rehab program.  I do have the travel insurance that the online TA offered. I am going to try to get a full refund of the one cruise fare.

Should I file with the insurance company now, or after the cruise is over?  I feel like it's hard to file anything for a cruise the companion has not missed yet.