Bring bottled water

kapeaccruiser

1 hour ago, kapeaccruiser said:

Does NCL allow you to bring bottled water on board with you?

No

Can I bring water or pop on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, pop and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage

A few years ago I bought a pack of drinking water at the shop on the quay  just before boarding ... I was stopped at the gangplank . Walked back fifty yards to the shop with the pack and asked for my money back. 

I was not the only one ... wondered why they were still selling packs when the ship we were boarding was NCL and it was obvious passenger were not allowed to take water onboard .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, room with a view said:

A few years ago I bought a pack of drinking water at the shop on the quay  just before boarding ... I was stopped at the gangplank . Walked back fifty yards to the shop with the pack and asked for my money back. 

I was not the only one ... wondered why they were still selling packs when the ship we were boarding was NCL and it was obvious passenger were not allowed to take water onboard .

Was that in Barcelona?

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No

Can I bring water or pop on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, pop and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage

Interesting to note that NCL goes with "pop" rather than "Soda" "Coke" or "Soft Drinks"😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

The ship's water is just fine and you can fill up any sort of cup/container just about anywhere

This is what I do, with no issues.  Of course - I'm one to drink the water straight from the tap at home also, and have all my life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hallux said:

This is what I do, with no issues.  Of course - I'm one to drink the water straight from the tap at home also, and have all my life.

The water on the ships is fine, I do not drink out of the tap at home (use a brita). I drink a ton of water so can’t justify bottled.

9 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Its funny because usually cruise lines copy eachother but so far Carnival and others have not followed NCL on this ban.  I was watching a new Carnival cruise video and saw passengers lugging on cases of soda and water like nothing 😲

Royal also lets you bring water on. Also, they only charge you a corkage fee if you take your wine to a restaurant.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Because it is “pop” in a large portion of the US and not soda. 

I'm actually good with "pop" I happen to live in an area where that is the dominant term. (Western New York) Funny thing is go about 100 miles east from here and it changes to "soda" quickly.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, Hutcha said:

Royal also lets you bring water on. Also, they only charge you a corkage fee if you take your wine to a restaurant.

Be careful of the Carnival  bottled water. A few years ago onboard ship, the captain (Cpt Kate) was giving a briefing on the ship and questions were asked. Of course the question of what was done with the black water (toilet). She said they bottle it and sell it to Carnival.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

Be careful of the Carnival  bottled water. A few years ago onboard ship, the captain (Cpt Kate) was giving a briefing on the ship and questions were asked. Of course the question of what was done with the black water (toilet). She said they bottle it and sell it to Carnival.

Certainly highlights Captain Kate's sense of humor!!!😆

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 11:20 PM, complawyer said:

or to cover all the bases, how about  "soda pop".  i can never get used to referring it as "pop". to me a pop is an ice cream on a stick, kind of like an eskimo pie chocolate on the outside and vanilla ice cream inside. 

No, nope, and no.

soda is what you put in cookies so they rise correctly.  Pop is what you so with bubble wrap.

sugary, carbonated drinks are always Coke.

as in, “I’ll have a Coke”

waiter:  “what kind?”

me: “Dr Pepper”

🤣

Edited by Starflyr3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

you are obviously from the south where every soft drink is a "coke". consequently, you will be most unhappy and chagrined on board any ncl ship. PEPSI products only!

i prefer pepsi any day and would not ask for a coke unless they offer nothing else.

disneyworld for me is a disaster. only coke products 

• Haha 1