Harmony Newbie wants your Secrets and Tips

annmarz

- If open, the Solarium Bistro is a good alternative to the main dining room for a no cost "specialty" dining experience

-There are some little known sitting areas off of the running track around deck 5 that are often empty. A possible good place to relax while enjoying the ocean breeze in quiet

-Almost all of the amenities are running on embarkation day. Take advantage to get on the zipline or flowrider with little to no wait.

-The upstairs deck at Dazzles is a great place to enjoy music and watch dancing without being right on top of the dance floor

-The wonderland bar has great cocktails and you do not need a reservation to grab a drink from there

-The same with Sabor. Great margaritas at the bar.

-Figure out a good rough schedule of activities before you go. Schedule your shows as soon as you board. Make sure you schedule the AQUA shows as early in the week as possible, as they are the ones most often cancelled due to wind, rain, and seas. You definitely want to have an opportunity to catch a missed show.

-If open, breakfast at Johnny rockets is no upcharge.

-The Park cafe is a great spot for a grab and go lunch, especially on embarkation day.

-The tapas menu at Vintages has a lot of the same dishes as the appetizer menu at Jaime's (and I'm not complaining a bit)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

- If open, the Solarium Bistro is a good alternative to the main dining room for a no cost "specialty" dining experience

-There are some little known sitting areas off of the running track around deck 5 that are often empty. A possible good place to relax while enjoying the ocean breeze in quiet

-Almost all of the amenities are running on embarkation day. Take advantage to get on the zipline or flowrider with little to no wait.

-The upstairs deck at Dazzles is a great place to enjoy music and watch dancing without being right on top of the dance floor

-The wonderland bar has great cocktails and you do not need a reservation to grab a drink from there

-Figure out a good rough schedule of activities before you go. Schedule your shows as soon as you board. Make sure you schedule the AQUA shows as early in the week as possible, as they are the ones most often cancelled due to wind, rain, and seas. You definitely want to have an opportunity to catch a missed show.

-The Park cafe is a great spot for a grab and go lunch, especially on embarkation day.

-The tapas menu at Vintages has a lot of the same dishes as the appetizer menu at Jaime's (and I'm not complaining a bit)

Great tips! We'll be joining you on the 2nd leg of your B2B in June. Save a deck chair for us!!

9 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

-The Park cafe is a great spot for a grab and go lunch.

and for breakfast as well.

The Park cafe has great Egg McMuffins so I always grabbed a couple on the way to the buffet with the family. Family likes buffet food and I am very partial to Egg McMuffins.

Flowriders always had a line. Even on the first day. But the zipline was available with 0-2 people in line. Definitely catch a ride on the Ultimate Abyss - rarely a line, and it's fun. No line on embarkation day.

Ice skating was mostly unavailable, because they have a new reservation system in place. You have to come in the morning to sign up for a slot later on in the same day, stand in a loooooong reservation line and finally get your time slot. No, thank you. We liked the pre-pandemic Allure ice skating - you show up and if there are under the max people allowed - you get in.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Hopefully for your cruise, Sabor and Solarium Bistro are open.  Boleros is not usually crowded and the Latin music is nice to hear.  Agree on Wonderland Bar.  Great spot for that nightcap. Do the Rising Tide at least once.  Trellis Bar has great cocktails but can get crowded in early evening.

Check the Windjammer at lunchtime for the specials they have in the back, like paella.  Scooped ice cream too.  Avoid Johnny Rockets.

• Like 1

Love the walking/running track (I am a walker) on Oasis class ships.  On deck 5 (life boat deck).  Lets you get away from the craziness of the upper deck above the pool.  Plus can be used in all weather conditions since is under cover.  AND goes all the way around the ship...not back and forth on just one side like Quantum class.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Some terrific tips.

However, since they removed many chairs from the pool area,  they have them stored in those very nice alcoves in the walking deck.

Plus, for our cruises in January and our current cruise on harmony (february13) solarium  bistro is closed 

m

D15DEB68-8DEE-470E-9F56-EF9B0D42F671.jpeg

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Love the walking/running track (I am a walker) on Oasis class ships.  On deck 5 (life boat deck).  Lets you get away from the craziness of the upper deck above the pool.  Plus can be used in all weather conditions since is under cover.  AND goes all the way around the ship...not back and forth on just one side like Quantum class.  

I have never been in Wonderland.  I think you were there when we were onboard last month.  Can you sit at the bar there and have a drink?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have never been in Wonderland.  I think you were there when we were onboard last month.  Can you sit at the bar there and have a drink?

Hi girl...miss you!! 🙂  

Yes, absolutely can use the bar in Wonderland on Harmony...though can't (at least at that time ) sit directly at the bar, but can sit at the cute surrounding tables.  Francis (one of our most favorite bartenders formerly from CK) was running the bar there.  We totally enjoyed our time there with him before our dinner "down stairs" on Harmony.  The bar...indeed is open to all, even if you are not having dinner at Wonderland. 

IMHO...not impressed at all with the set up for Wonderland on Odyssey.  Just not the same.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

This is a really good list.  

On 2/15/2022 at 2:23 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Some terrific tips.

However, since they removed many chairs from the pool area,  they have them stored in those very nice alcoves in the walking deck.

Plus, for our cruises in January and our current cruise on harmony (february13) solarium  bistro is closed 

m

D15DEB68-8DEE-470E-9F56-EF9B0D42F671.jpeg

I has sads over this. Hope things change around a bit for the better as Omicron wanes. I like both the Bistro and those little coves. We have until June before our Harmony back to back to hope for betterment. Keeping fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

I has sads over this. Hope things change around a bit for the better as Omicron wanes. I like both the Bistro and those little coves. We have until June before our Harmony back to back to hope for betterment. Keeping fingers crossed.

Solarium bistro is closed this week (February 13 cruise)  and the chairs are still stacked. I am told that by late April, they hope to be closer to full capacity. That means the chairs will likely be going from the alcoves and solarium café will reopen.  

There are the  small areas right off the walking track (Near the the life ) where you can do some stretching exercises.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

On 2/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, crewsweeper said:

Hopefully for your cruise, Sabor and Solarium Bistro are open.  Boleros is not usually crowded and the Latin music is nice to hear.  Agree on Wonderland Bar.  Great spot for that nightcap. Do the Rising Tide at least once.  Trellis Bar has great cocktails but can get crowded in early evening.

Check the Windjammer at lunchtime for the specials they have in the back, like paella.  Scooped ice cream too.  Avoid Johnny Rockets.

I always have dinner at Johnny Rockets on one night of my cruise; usually after a long day at port when I don't want to dress up.  I love thier food...LOL.   I enjoy their breakfasts, too.