The Daily for Friday 02/18/2022

richwmn

Today is National Battery Day, National Drink Wine Day, and National Caregivers Day

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Meal Suggestion for today - Tuna Tartare
Drink of the Day - Effen Blood Orange Mimosa
Wine of the Day - Grounded Wine Co. 2020 Space Age Rosé (Central Co
Destination of the Day - Xiamen, China

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam  
Rotterdam   Destination Bimini

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam   Destination Ensenada MX
Zuiderdam   Destination Puntarenas, CR 2/19

Half Moon Cay, BS

Nieuw Amsterdam  

Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 23:00

Ships Without Passengers

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Limassol CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0218World.thumb.png.d651bfdab2fa37462178a55e7e326fb0.png
Edited by richwmn
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from SW Florida, another nice day in the 80s coming up.

I like that it's National Drink Wine Day!

National Battery Day, I get a charge out of that.

Off to the golf course in a few minutes for a Mens Day Shamble tournament.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank's for The Daily.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 24
  • Haha 8

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  I just ordered a year’s supply of batteries for our various household items.  I think there will be some very happy Dailyites celebrating wine day!  Caregivers definitely deserve their own day, off.  Fun quote.  I’ll pass on the tuna tartare although I love sushi, go figure.  Haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll have to visit through photos.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 28

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  A number of people are relying on batteries right now with the power outages from the high winds.  Sadly, I am ‘celebratting’ National Caregivers day every day.

National Drink Wine Day?  Hurrah 🙂 

A425E377-709C-410C-BEEE-0B9C770952AC.thumb.jpeg.d2b69d7c5448a42bffc3e44dc1fdad76.jpeg

It’s nearly as good as National Wine Day 😉 

B679C376-9E9A-42A3-84DC-5BA6A25DE2A6.jpeg.c35e07ce559903dfc691178c45ade476.jpeg

I’ve always loved that Harry Potter quote and sometimes resemble that remark 😉 Not sure about today’s meal suggestion - I’ll wait for Debbie’s description.  The drink of the day sounds good.  DH and I love blood oranges.

@Cruzin Terriglad to hear about the new treatment.  Hoping it works and saves you from pain and surgery 🙏🏻 

@marshhawkgood luck at your appointment today.  Hoping all goes well  & you get the answers you need. 🙏🏻 

On the way back from the hospital I stopped and picked up a few seeds.  Now to see if I can get the energy to move up my shelving, containers & plant & take care of them 😉 

1CAEBF21-D049-4CA4-B708-FA7B76ACD66A.jpeg.4fff97a882454923087cc81adb599cd7.jpeg

A very powerful storm out there.  Very high winds and the rain is coming down at an astronomical rate.  It’s the deep freeze that’s going to come in fast & suddenly that will cause the real problems, though.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone !!!!

6BBDF543-06C0-4EFE-8849-4A05BF81FF9C.thumb.jpeg.ee1ff79efe7361a8e3dd357c0a57a615.jpeg

Stay safe - especially those in the middle of this storm & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning, all!

This boomerang weather here in St. Louis is the pits. 60F and sunny two days ago, 13F and a yard covered in ice pellets this morning. Brrr. 

My mother worked for Ralston Purina for many years, at one time they owned Energizer, so all those batteries people purchased was a good thing 😉. Now it’s just annoying to buy so many. I have a cute waste can in my kitchen that opens by waving your hand over it, but it takes 6 batteries and they don’t seem to last long. A day for drinking wine-that’s everyday for most of us here. And caretakers are a godsend; us ALS patients in particular could not function without them. 

The drink sounds good, not sure about the wine, I’ll skip the tuna tartare. I have never been to China and have to say it wasn’t even on my list, but interested to see pictures.

Prayers to all on our care list, I wish Covid to be gone! And of course in the midst of the pandemic we are still having other health cares to deal with. 🙏. And oh the wonderful celebrations, especially the cruises, definitely worth a toast 🍷.

Take care!

St Louis Sal

• Like 30

31 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from SW Florida, another nice day in the 80s coming up.

I like that it's National Drink Wine Day!

National Battery Day, I get a charge out of that.

Off to the golf course in a few minutes for a Mens Day Shamble tournament.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank's for The Daily.

@MISTER 67 I see you are in Punta Gorda - my boss just bought a house there this week...pictures look beautiful!  I'm a golfer too (at least I like to dress like one!) and looking forward to hearing about your experiences.  

27 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

10262007_1003838509644586_8023874291628284150_n.jpg.e6ebd36e22ac019e2af62e89e9141af5.jpg

@puppycanducruise I have seen that before and want a print of that for my office!  

Good morning Daily friends!  I can certainly embrace National Drink Wine Day especially because its Friday, and no need to get up to go to the office tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll enjoy a glass or two of one of my favorites tonight after I get home from work.

Husband is a huge Harry Potter fan and will watch the films whenever he can.  My daughter loves the series as well - I think she owns a half-dozen wands and has been to Wizarding World down in FL a couple of times.  I even sewed her some flannel/terry burp cloths for the baby that is printed with the shields of the different 'houses' of Hogwarts.  

Caregivers should get more than one day a year - they are a vital piece of the health care process and often the best (and loudest!) advocates for loved ones.  To all here who provide exceptional care to your loved ones, I salute you today!

The wind and rain was ferocious around 4am this morning, and right now just the wind is swirling.  I think we're done with the rain for now.  Temp is 57 and likely the highest we'll see today...supposed to be in the 30's by 6pm tonight.

Wishing all a good day today!

• Like 28

Good morning  everyone. 

@marshhawk,I am thinking of you and hope you get answers from the doctors today

@kazu,I hope you can get out safely when this nasty storm calms down.

The wind has been howling for hours and the dogs and I got absolutely   drenched when we tried to go out about an hour ago.We have to try it again when the rain slows down.

Caretaker Day is in full force as we expect  our Tana home this afternoon.  I just hope the weather cooperates.We have all the necessary  equipment  and I am making bean and cheese enchiladas as requested. 

We haven't  been to China and hope to see pictures.I will pass on the recipe today.

This is in honor  of yesterday's  International  Cat Day

7145.jpeg

• Like 34

Our daughters entire family made it here safely. Six year old is talking away and two year old is still abed.

Our forecasted strong  storms ended up North of us but we did get some rain.

A day of keeping little one’s occupied and there will be a large prime rib on the rotisserie for dinner. I believe I will honor National Wine Day tonight!

Thanks Rich and may all have a great day!

• Like 32

Good morning, everyone!

National Wine Drinkers Day?   I think that is a daily event around here.   And, I say go for it!   So far we've managed to escape the worst of this current storm, but schools are closed due to icy roads.  We'll see how things are later this morning before I decide if I'm going out to the pool or not.  

Caretakers deserve a huge celebration and we have several here in our midst.   @kazu, @smitty34877 are both currently in the role of caretaker for loved ones.   @Cruzin Terri was a caretaker to her DBIL Eugene for many years.  Caretakers bring an improved quality of life to loved ones at a time when they need it most.  It isn't just the meal preparation or the laundry that matters.  It is the heart.   Thank you to all who have acted in that role.  

I'm going to take a pass on today's meal.  But, I know there are those who would like it, so here goes.   When making Tuna Tartare be sure to get sushi grade tuna.  That is critical for flavor and for safety.  This first selection is from Ina Garten.  The seasoning almost makes me want to try it.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tuna-tartare-recipe-1943391

701139080_TunaTartare.jpeg.b8ac2944f0ba2bdadbb20c31a8d55640.jpeg

Always use some acid in any raw fish recipes (tartare, carpaccio, ceviche, ect). The acid creates a reaction (denaturing the protein), which essentially breaks down and rearranges the proteins in the fish the way they would be if it had been cooked. Amazing right?! This not only takes us back to our high school chemistry days, but it also makes the fish safe to eat raw, which is pretty important.

https://choosingchia.com/tuna-tartare-sesame-ginger-sauce/

498153020_TunaTartare2.thumb.jpg.c80e71ec50f0947f7ee883e387e7e076.jpg

Finally, we have this offering from Williams Sonoma:  https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/tuna-tartare-with-sesame.html

1367666161_tunatartare3.jpg.af1be342a4bb56daf7a27a43b787456d.jpg

Prayers for all who need them and cheers for those who are celebrating.  Wishing @marshhawk good news from the doctor.   Hoping everyone has a fabulous day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We just bought 100 batteries a few days ago when we realized there wasn't a single AA battery in the house.  Hooray for National Wine Day!  Blessings on all the caregivers - sadly, many of us fall into that category without any advance training and do the best we can.

If we hadn't been at the liquor store yesterday, I would have thought the drink of the day was a polite way of swearing, but there is a Dutch distiller who makes Effen vodka.  The things you can learn at the liquor store!  LOL

1790793513_DrinkWineDay.jpg.b91b3efc564ea67cdaeb632353007780.jpg

It's a quiet day for us, nothing much except I go out and get my nails done.  When I called to make the appointment, I spoke with the owner who told me I wouldn't have my usual tech doing my nails, as she was no longer with them.  Because I've been going there so long, the owner and I are more like friends, so she confided in me that the woman had been stealing from the company.  Sad, because I thought she was such a nice lady.  Hopefully the new tech will do a good job of my nails and will be honest!  

@marshhawk wishing you the very best for your appointment today; we've got your back.

@Cruzin Terriit's great that your doctor has possibly found something that will alleviate the pain in your hands; hopefully it's long lasting.

@kazu take it easy and don't strain yourself getting things set up for your seedlings.  Hopefully you'll ride out the storm without any ill effects.

We had briefly alluded to the Olympics yesterday, so when I saw this on my FB feed this morning, I had to share it here; I hope it gives some of you a smile.

473154770_CatOlympics.jpg.276f90682320fddb5ccfa05addad27bb.jpg

The menu suggestion doesn't strike a chord with me, and I know DH won't touch it, as he doesn't like raw fish or meat (no steak tartare for him!), so will give it a pass.  It's Friday night pizza night at our house, so I think I'll order something we haven't had in ages, a chicken-bacon-ranch pizza.  It's a nice change from the regular orders we've placed and from what I'm told, makes great leftovers in the air fryer.  So it looks like it'll be pizza on the table for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all those who make up the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, get those boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 33
  • Haha 7

Good afternoon.

This was our sunrise this morning from our balcony before we left to fly home.

Storm force winds in the UK today so a bumpy flight expected.☹️IMG_20220218_073909.thumb.jpg.fe55e782472f1f8b1cde8b1d38659fa0.jpg

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

We have drunk a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc wine every night in our Spanish hotel with dinner.

We were caregivers for Pauline's late mam for her last 4 years battle against Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's keeping her in her own home.

Today's quote has never applied to us.

Interesting Tuna meal.

I will give the drink and wine a miss.

We have never been to China so photos will be appreciated.

My prayers 🙏 to everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20220218_094406.jpg

• Like 33

Good morning everyone. I am having a hard time understanding how the wire in one of Sam’s fingers that he broke and had surgery on has two screws that have worked their way to the surface of the finger. The surgeon is over an hour away and we have no appointment at this time.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

This was our sunrise this morning from our balcony before we left to fly home.

Storm force winds in the UK today so a bumpy flight expected.☹️IMG_20220218_073909.thumb.jpg.fe55e782472f1f8b1cde8b1d38659fa0.jpg

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

We have drunk a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc wine every night in our Spanish hotel with dinner.

We were caregivers for Pauline's late mam for her last 4 years battle against Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's keeping her in her own home.

Today's quote has never applied to us.

Interesting Tuna meal.

I will give the drink and wine a miss.

We have never been to China so photos will be appreciated.

My prayers 🙏 to everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20220218_094406.jpg

I read about your storm and really hope the flight is ok and that all is well in your home.It sounded like a very powerful  storm.

I will ,however, miss all the pretty food pics!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Gremlins galore here this morning. A very super quick post. 

The animal series continues….

B05D3E93-128C-4E28-9A8A-303DF919D94A.jpeg.5fd1260484eb9d5176e0034486f1d834.jpeg

F64A0BF2-D116-4495-948B-7CCE1C5EC33B.jpeg.c34e4a5b498fc876db3335e4fb340dad.jpeg

7F75E4CB-515C-4EB0-A89C-D648A0DA8CE9.jpeg.ff1d337a4d38170b4aee2041e2f57d81.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Grounded Wine Co. 2020 Space Age Rosé
Not sure about this one. Might try it, since its excellent ratings and decent price are enticing. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $14.88.

Winemaker Notes

Our trademark pale pink “eye of the partridge color,” prized by rose producers in France’s premier growing areas in Provence, marks the 2020 Space age Rose as another success story. The wine is tantalizing, with fresh, clean notes of bright Bing cherry, strawberry, and watermelon. On the palate, the fruit is enhanced by crisp acidity and flavors of chilled, freshly harvested grapes, just as we tasted them on the day of harvest.

42% Grenache, 22% Mourvèdre, 19% Syrah, 9% Grenache Blanc, 4% Carignane, 4% Counoise Vintage: 2020 

WW90 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
COMMENTARY: The 2020 Grounded Wine Co. Space Age Rosé is a pink wine for food lovers. TASTING NOTES: This wine offers vibrant and fresh red fruit aromas and flavors that stay crisp through the wine's finish. Pair it with citrus-accented grilled prawns. (Tasted: April 13, 2021, San Francisco, CA)
WE90 Wine Enthusiast

A lovely shade of pink, this rosé booms on the nose with strawberry and raspberry-sorbet aromas that are cut by a citrusy edge. The acidity is bold on the palate, slicing through the ripe stone-fruit and cherry flavors, as tangerine pith provides a counterpoint.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Well good morning.

Thank you @richwmn for the Daily.

I can relate to all three days for a change.

I am always needing batteries.  I go through them so quickly.

Love to drink wine. But I am not a wino.  Just enjoy my glass of wine with dinner and sometimes a bit more.

As for Caregiving.  I have done my share.  We (DH andI) took care of his brother for more than 40 years,  and we took care of my mom for 11 years (she lived to be 100).  I hope when I get to the age when I need help there is someone there for me.  I don’t have any children and family is all gone.

Both caregiving situations were labors of love and we will never regret them.

I think we will pass on the meal and we have never been to the port.

Last night DH and I went to a lovely restaurant here in JAX. Seasons 52.  If there is one near you, it is certainly worth the money for their wonderful food.  I know there are not many scattered throughout the US, but it is a good restaurant.  On the expensive side.  We made this our belated Valentines dinner and a NO PAIN celebration. There is none near us, so we seized the opportunity.

So far so good with the hands.  I am typing faster and NO PAIN.  

I hope @rafinmd Roy is enjoying his cruise. Don’t know if will post his list today. If not prayers for those who need them and cheers for those celebrating.  I think I can be moved to the cheers list today.  Just hope it is not short-lived.

@marshhawkprayers for you as you go to your doctor today.  Hope for the best possible outcome.

@kazuYou and Jose are always in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God bless,

Terri

And most especially thank you all for the prayers and well wishes with my problems.  I really appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts and words.

I have to now get ready to leave Jacksonville and head home.  Have to wake up DH. Need to shower, have breakfast and pack the car and get on our way.

• Like 36

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well good morning.

Thank you @richwmn for the Daily.

I can relate to all three days for a change.

I am always needing batteries.  I go through them so quickly.

Love to drink wine. But I am not a wino.  Just enjoy my glass of wine with dinner and sometimes a bit more.

As for Caregiving.  I have done my share.  We (DH andI) took care of his brother for more than 40 years,  and we took care of my mom for 11 years (she lived to be 100).  I hope when I get to the age when I need help there is someone there for me.  I don’t have any children and family is all gone.

Both caregiving situations were labors of love and we will never regret them.

I think we will pass on the meal and we have never been to the port.

Last night DH and I went to a lovely restaurant here in JAX. Seasons 52.  If there is one near you, it is certainly worth the money for their wonderful food.  I know there are not many scattered throughout the US, but it is a good restaurant.  On the expensive side.  We made this our belated Valentines dinner and a NO PAIN celebration. There is none near us, so we seized the opportunity.

So far so good with the hands.  I am typing faster and NO PAIN.  

I hope @rafinmd Roy is enjoying his cruise. Don’t know if will post his list today. If not prayers for those who need them and cheers for those celebrating.  I think I can be moved to the cheers list today.  Just hope it is not short-lived.

@marshhawkprayers for you as you go to your doctor today.  Hope for the best possible outcome.

@kazuYou and Jose are always in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God bless,

Terri

And most especially thank you all for the prayers and well wishes with my problems.  I really appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts and words.

I have to now get ready to leave Jacksonville and head home.  Have to wake up DH. Need to shower, have breakfast and pack the car and get on our way.

I am so glad the cortisone helped. I can relate to the wonderful pain relief.Don't overdo!!

• Like 20

Good morning from sunny Aruba.   We are heading to town for a bit for John to check internet. He finds it too hard to deal with signing in on my account.   Prayers to all on Roy's care list. Prayers for those that need them. 🙏

Pics balcony dinner last night. Japanese whiskey tasting and Jarrie and I. I had a tasting with her all by myself.🥃

We love wine day!   I started my day with a glass of St. Michelle sparkling at breakfast. Heading into town for a bit. Have a lovely day! 

IMG_20220217_181223855.jpg

IMG_20220217_164808188.jpg

IMG_20220217_175246758.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich. I'll be very late with the lists, and if I miss something major please remind me.  Also, do not be offended if I don't like your posts.  I'll try to skim at least but am watching my time.  If I miss something major, please alert me.  Had a lot of internet trouble with the blog today.

@erewhon, yes I did drive to the port.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich. I'll be very late with the lists, and if I miss something major please remind me.  Also, do not be offended if I don't like your posts.  I'll try to skim at least but am watching my time.  If I miss something major, please alert me.  Had a lot of internet trouble with the blog today.

@erewhon, yes I did drive to the port.

Roy

Glad you’re on board and enjoying the cruise.  

Terri

• Like 20