What do you carry around the ship (e.g. for masks, etc)?

LuCruise

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Normally I'd just put our masks in a ziplock bag (family of four), but since we've switched from cloth masks to N95, our masks look the same and so we would need 4 separate labelled bags

You should be able to put an initial or something on N95's with a sharpie. I usually cruise with my wife or my daughter. They bring a husband or a dad to carry everything.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

You should be able to put an initial or something on N95's with a sharpie. I usually cruise with my wife or my daughter. They bring a husband or a dad to carry everything.....

Good idea.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Pockets.  

Yup, always wearing shorts with Cargo pockets during Cruise. Kids and now Grands lot times the Diaper Bag's came in handy holding my Brick Cell Phone, Bottle for Baby at one end, Bottle for me on the other. 

• Like 2

Check out a Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag. They can function over the shoulder or as a Fanny pack. I have one and it fits two iPhones, my wallet, my vaccination card, two or three masks and cash in there.. with room to spare. I’ll be bringing mine on my ship for this purpose next month. Lifesaver! 

• Like 1

I always wear bike shorts or yoga pants that have pockets to hold my phone and headphones or ear pods.  I like listening to audio books, music, or a downloaded show or podcast.  My phone case has a spot to hold my sea pass card.  We also have a hiking backpack that we will put our water bottles, binoculars and tablets plus portable chargers in if we decide to spend the day in a hidden shaded area far away from the pool area.

• Like 2

If we are just going to a lounge, bar or wandering the ship, I use a small wristlet wallet. If we are going to the pool or Solarium, I bring a small tote bag so I have space for my Kindle, a word search book and pen, sunscreen, and sunglasses case for hubby and me.

• Like 1

If I'm wearing pants or shorts with pockets, I put my mask in my pocket.  

If going to sun/ pool deck to hang out for awhile I have a light weight nylon backpack I put my stuff in.  

I never have understood why women pre covid and during covid carry pocket books on cruises.  I'm always thrilled I can leave it at home.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I never have understood why women pre covid and during covid carry pocket books on cruises.  I'm always thrilled I can leave it at home.

I haven't figured that out either but I rarely carry a purse or bag even at home. 

On board I carry only chapstick and kleenex. John carries the seapass cards in a shirt pocket. If we still have to wear masks next Nov, I think I will put a safety pin on my clothes and attach the mask strap to that. I don't want to put my mask on a surface where someone else had theirs.

• Like 2

I HATE pockets.  It just encourages me to rummage....................

If I'm not wearing my mask, I put it on my wrist.  That way I never leave it on a table, or in the car, or whatever.

I wear a lanyard all the time, no matter where I am.  Where I live restaurants are still asking to see vaccine cards, and I also have a fob to get into my apartment building, plus the plastic holder for my vaccine card also holds my driver's license and a credit card, all worn underneath my clothes.

So, I just get my seapass card punched and add it to the lanyard, ditching the keys in my cabin safe.

My cell phone, which is also my library, goes in my "ladies cell phone holder" on my chest.  😉

At home I have a flat neck purse that has a clear cell phone window on one side.  I rarely use it, though.  I am so over purses.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rikkimiller said:

Check out a Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag. They can function over the shoulder or as a Fanny pack. I have one and it fits two iPhones, my wallet, my vaccination card, two or three masks and cash in there.. with room to spare. I’ll be bringing mine on my ship for this purpose next month. Lifesaver! 

I clicked on the link provided. Isn't that just a fancy name for a a "Fanny Pack"?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Because they want to. 😂 I don't bring a large purse by any means, just a wristlet wallet that can hold my phone (I use it for taking photos and the RCCL app, not internet or calling anyone), my Sea Pass card, chapstick, and a mask (if it's necessary). I'd rather carry those essentials on a strap on my wrist than in a fanny pack, or a something around my neck. Different strokes for different folks.

• Thanks 1

I use a very small cross body vera Bradley bag -- I always have my phone for taking pictures, my mask, my sea pass and my hand sanitizer. I don't go anywhere without all four on the ship -- sometimes I even slip in our sunblock. Easy access to everything I need without the long haul back to the room. My cruise is after mask mandate is lifted, but I'm immunocompromised so will still be masking up inside. Scientific research shows you can wear N95 masks again but as others say don't put in plastic bags -- you can lay out on the desk in your room. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, island lady said:

I haven't bought lipstick since we had to start wearing masks.  🤭

I bet the lipstick industry really suffered during Covid! I wear long wear and it doesn’t really come off, but since my husband’s willing to tote it around, I bring it anyway, just in case.  😂 I wear it for me because otherwise I look half dead. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kfamilycruise said:

I use a very small cross body vera Bradley bag -- I always have my phone for taking pictures, my mask, my sea pass and my hand sanitizer. I don't go anywhere without all four on the ship -- sometimes I even slip in our sunblock. Easy access to everything I need without the long haul back to the room. My cruise is after mask mandate is lifted, but I'm immunocompromised so will still be masking up inside. Scientific research shows you can wear N95 masks again but as others say don't put in plastic bags -- you can lay out on the desk in your room. 

Same for items to carry around..... phone (for app and maybe as a camera)... or camera (if don't need app and phone stays in safe), mask, sea pass, hand sanitizer, paper compass....and good point sunscreen (sometimes DH puts in his pocket, sometimes I carry).  And I've read the same about N95 masks.  We have magnetic hooks so that should work too.  Cloth ones I always washed after use and took a fresh one.  As mentioned, we may still wear masks as we need to keep negative in order to return home.  Will see how we feel when we are on the ship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kfamilycruise said:

I just got the cutest Vera Bradley matching carry-on approved size “suitcase,” wallet and makeup/toiletry bag!  I saw the cross body bag and now think I should get that too! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rikkimiller said:

This is exactly the Fanny pack I use, much to the dismay of my kids. They’re not fashionable, but they’re really handy. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, LuCruise said:

For past cruises, I usually wore a small pouch around my waist to carry a camera, cruise compass and sea pass cards.  However, things are a bit different now, especially with masks.  Guess I'm mostly wondering now that we have masks and when we take masks off, they should be protected.  Normally I'd just put our masks in a ziplock bag (family of four), but since we've switched from cloth masks to N95, our masks look the same and so we would need 4 separate labelled bags.  That can get bulky.  And of course, this is on top of a phone or camera, sea pass cards, etc. Don't really want to start carrying a bag all around.

Just wondering the logistics of where you put your masks when you take it off, and may also have other belongings as well.  

Way too paranoid.  Just sew different colored thread on each mask and store in one carry bag.  You didn't specify the ages of your family but if they are at least 12 yrs old and older they should be in charge of their own possessions.  A good teaching habit for years to come!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadamGorgeous said:

This thread is about where people are storing things, not whether or not you wear masks. 

Masks are in the title of the thread.  Vera Bradley and lipstick were not, yet you found a way to squeeze it in.  By your reasoning one should ONLY be discussing what is used to carry around, not the items that YOU choose to mention.  Cest la vie

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

Masks are in the title of the thread.  Vera Bradley and lipstick were not, yet you found a way to squeeze it in.  By your reasoning one should ONLY be discussing what is used to carry around, not the items that YOU choose to mention.  Cest la vie

Vera Bradley IS a bag company.  Lipstick is part of “etc.”

hijacking another thread trying to be a clownand showing off that you’re too cool for a mask is not part of the discussion. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Actually if you look at my original post, I am asking about masks as well as other belongings.  With masks, there is a sanitary element to it, but it's just one of a few things that some may carry.  The responses have been helpful.

And yes, my kids are old enough to carry their own belongings. It's just in the past, I was the one with the pouch, so I'd just hold onto their sea passes as more secure than a pocket.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1