Navigator April 18 2022 Cruise cancelled

govanguy

Just received email from my T.A. This cruise to the Amazon has been has been cancelled . An alternative has been offered:

DATE

DAY

PORT

ARRIVE

DEPART

18-Apr-22

Mon

Miami, Florida

Embark

5:00PM

19-Apr-22

Tue

Port Canaveral, Florida

7:00AM

20-Apr-22

Wed

Fernandina Beach, Florida

8:00AM

6:00PM

21-Apr-22

Thu

At Sea

22-Apr-22

Fri

Norfolk, Virginia

9:00AM

23-Apr-22

Sat

Norfolk, Virginia

4:00PM

24-Apr-22

Sun

New York, New York

12:00PM

25-Apr-22

Mon

New York, New York

26-Apr-22

Tue

Newport, Rhode Island

26-Apr-22

Tue

Cape Cod Canal (Transit)

9:30PM

11:45PM

27-Apr-22

Wed

Boston, Massachusetts

28-Apr-22

Thu

Bar Harbor, Maine

29-Apr-22

Fri

Saint John, New Brunswick

30-Apr-22

Sat

Halifax, Nova Scotia

11:00AM

7:30PM

1-May-22

Sun

Sydney, Nova Scotia

12:00PM

8:00PM

2-May-22

Mon

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

10:30AM

4:30PM

3-May-22

Tue

Gaspesie, Quebec

11:00AM

6:00PM

4-May-22

Wed

Sept-Iles, Quebec

5-May-22

Thu

Havre St. Pierre, Quebec

3:00PM

6-May-22

Fri

Corner Brook, Newfoundland

9:30AM

5:30PM

7-May-22

Sat

At Sea

8-May-22

Sun

At Sea

9-May-22

Mon

St. George's, Bermuda

9:00AM

10-May-22

Tue

St. George's, Bermuda

11-May-22

Wed

At Sea

12-May-22

Thu

At Sea

13-May-22

Fri

Miami, Florida

Debark

Any thoughts on this new itinerary? Anyone been this way?

Hi Govanguy,

We took a very similar cruise on Navigator Montreal to Miami in 2014. Good few of your new ports were on the itinerary. One of our best cruises ever . Really enjoyable ports . I realise it’s not exactly the cruise you booked, what are your own thoughts ?

Jean 

I was born in upstate New York, and lived there most of my life. I have traveled to those places on the new itinerary, some many times. However, I would not consider doing that itinerary in April and May. It's way too cold. Maybe that's why I moved to Florida after I retired. I would ask for my money back.

• Like 2

We were booked on this sailing. We were notified earlier in the day of the complete itinerary change, which is not acceptable to us. We booked the cruise because we were excited to visit the Amazon. We have been to the entire northern area many times. 
very disappointing…..

sheila and Herb

• Like 1

I agree with SWFLAOK the weather would be quite chilly at that time of year.  Plus way too many ports (quantity over quality).  But that is just my preference, so not something I would every book. Sorry they had to cancel your Amazon sailing.  

We've only ever had one cruise totally re-routed but it was still in the Mediterranean.  IMO, switching an Amazon cruise to this northeastern itinerary is a completely different beast.  Personally, I'd choose something else.  But I have heard people say that the New England cruises are pretty awesome - just not my cup of tea.

Since the cruise is now totally "waitlisted" Regent may have decided to cut their losses and cancel the whole cruise.  This may be a better route financially, among other reasons including guest goodwill, than cruising with a very small number of passengers.  Just my opinion.  I have no inside information.

i think it is a really interesting itinerary but a total 180 from an Amazon cruise. That time of the year can be pretty chilly or they could have a fantastic spring and the weather great, pretty much a crap shoot. 

Heartbreaking for Regent to have to make such a drastic change. 

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Cancelling a cruising loses money. Replacing destinations will still sell cabins. No cruise line is going to opt for a zero-revenue trip when there is money to be had.

Except for the world cruise Jason stated that they would have lost less money cancelling it than running it with a low passenger count. The money to be had is not covering expenses (fuel, food, etc).

Breakeven is around 30 to 35% occupancy depending on the cruise and that is ship cost only. Keep in mind that the WC was not really cancelled it was changed to run in the Caribbean...the difference being that the ship did not sit idle. They contemplated offering cabins at a massive fare reduction but decided it might anger too many people so they just did a non advertised sale instead.