NCL pulling visits to St Petersburg

dmsw00

12 hours ago, Kierste said:

Anyone know if you booked with a big box TA if you are still getting the 20% back? Already paid in full, we leave in July, and have seen zero communication… 

Directly contact that Big Box TA with your concerns!

22 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I'm sure it's not being done in random order. The availability of ports will vary by date and they are undoubtedly filling out the itineraries in the order that they are able to secure alternative ports. The first changes will be to cruises where it was easiest to construct the new version.

Exactly, there are only so many slots at each port and NCL is not the only cruise line looking for replacements. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njkate said:

Exactly, there are only so many slots at each port and NCL is not the only cruise line looking for replacements. 

Given the law of supply and demand, I wonder if ports that are possible replacements are jacking up their port fees. 

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Given the law of supply and demand, I wonder if ports that are possible replacements are jacking up their port fees. 

Could be.  Or they might just be glad to get the business.  I guess it just depends on how many ports are available and how many ships are rerouting.

9 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Directly contact that Big Box TA with your concerns!

I did today… 1.5 hours on hold, got a very nice gentleman, he hadn’t heard a thing… other than NCL said they would be providing more information by the end of (last) week.

He called NCL, the rep there had no idea what he was talking about. So her put her on hold and talked to his manager, and she also had no clue. Came back to me, and I told him people on cruise critic were saying they got emails on Friday the 4th. Back to NCL he went, she had found the info and said, yep! Cruise critic peeps are right, and the discount will be applied (I have already paid in full) and I will get a refund in the amount of 20% of the cruise fare to my card in 30 days (automatically.) Now NCL guy and I figure it’s on the base fare only, not any of the taxes and fees, and amounts to just over $700 for us. So yay us!

As far as ports go, I have seen on other roll calls their ports have been substituted, but no one on my roll call has gotten an official email (they have shared) yet, and my big box TA has no additional info.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 7:54 PM, ontheweb said:

Usually most ports do have an official tarif which is openly visible on their homepage with all the exact fees and charges.

So you can make a calculation on how much a port stop costs.

I don`t think that the ports will increase the rates significantly. In many european countries there might be even laws that prohibit such procedures.

11 hours ago, lixogab said:

I just checked North Europe itineraries for this summer and so far there is no replacement for SPB. It just shows up as sea days.

To be fair, NCL's email said they'd let people know 7 days after sending the discount notice and it was sent on Friday, so a few days to go.

...I am still checking daily!

Edited by AppleDumpling

We did hear from our TA, and the 20% reduction makes this itinerary a bargain, comparing to rebooking. We’re on the 9/30 itinerary out of Copenhagen. To rebook this as a new itinerary now, costs significantly more. Granted, the tragedy in Ukraine can cause me to cancel before June. I pray every night for peace in Ukraine.

Granted, SPB is a beautiful city, but I don’t want to contribute any money to that coward dictator. If we do have sea days, we’ll take advantage of our Spa Balcony cabin, and spend more time in the Thermal Spa…..a wonderful amenity that we use on every available cruise. 

• Like 1

People sailing Baltic itineraries on Oceania this summer are reporting they are getting revised itineraries for their cruises. They are not being offered a discount but are having final payment date pushed out to 60 days. 

It has been over  a week since NCL sent me the email stating they will be revising itineraries in 7 days. Still waiting. 🤔

On 2/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, charlie murphy said:

If that is the ONLY reason you booked that cruise then I would recommend a flight and land tour. STP is a very large city and a 2 day stop on a cruise ship is not enough time to digest all there is to see. You have time and options. Seems like your mind is made up and your feet have made a decision, so enjoy saint petersburg I would suggest a week and there is a train tour to Moscow without the limitations of the ship disembarkment I would suggest several days there as well ( with the ship tour it is basically a bus and train tour and a VERY long day ) Not sure what the visa requirements are from Austalia but  may even save some money by not cruising to STP.  NCL is not your only travel option and you have time to make other arrangements. It seems rediculous to spend all that time on the ship for only 2 days in STP.  It is true the whole world is not american, however the whole world is made up of mankind and as peoples of the world there are issues that deserve our compassion , respect ,  and empathy. Enjoy SPT with more time on land you will really have a much better experience. You may even thank NCL in the end.  

LOL, nearly all countries have sanctioned Russian airlines from flying in their air space and Russia in turn has sanctioned no other country's airlines to fly in Russian air space, his only choice was  cruise or now a kayak.

Today March 9 I received the email from NCL taking 20% off the cruise fare. It also says they need another 7 days to revise the itinerary. My Dawn cruise is Aug. 16.

We continue to work diligently to confirm replacement ports and hope to have a new itinerary confirmed for you within the next 7 days. We will advise all impacted guests and travel advisors as soon as possible. We share your disappointment and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but also hope you can understand the necessity of this action.

As a result of this unforeseen circumstance, we will be issuing a discount of 20% off the voyage fare to all guests. No further action is required. If you have paid for your reservation in full, the value of the 20% discount will be refunded and processed within 30 business days to the original form of payment used at the time of reservation. If you have not yet paid for your reservation in full, the discount will be automatically applied to your reservation within 30 business days.

20% is a nice discount and gesture and great attempt to retain the passengers on the sailing.  With that additional discount, they are probably getting back to prices that were normal in 2020 and prior (most NCL prices are now 25% or more than I have seen in years).

Waiting to see if I get the 20% - my FP is almost due and payment amount hasn't changed.  I had a mock booking that I did after they announced removing STP and I did get the letter, even before I paid the deposit, but hard to say whether or not I qualify - or if I already got a reduced rate.  You just never know.  Not really expecting it since I booked knowing the situation but it would be nice!

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Waiting to see if I get the 20% - my FP is almost due and payment amount hasn't changed.  I had a mock booking that I did after they announced removing STP and I did get the letter, even before I paid the deposit, but hard to say whether or not I qualify - or if I already got a reduced rate.  You just never know.  Not really expecting it since I booked knowing the situation but it would be nice!

I'd just call them up and ask what the deal is, then ask them to send you an email confirming the discount (if it's to be refunded) before you pay.  

Just now, AppleDumpling said:

I'd just call them up and ask what the deal is, then ask them to send you an email confirming the discount (if it's to be refunded) before you pay.  

PCC doesn't know, letter said 30 days.  I'm fine with paying (and just did), getting a refund if I'm entitled to one. Mostly curious to see when the credits come in for others.  I did just get another letter with the updated itinerary, also reiterated the 20% discount.

Here is the revised itinerary for Aug. 16 Dawn. Overnight in Helsinki and addition of Visby replace 2 days in SPB. I have the 20% discount in writing. I am going to keep the cruise and not cancel. This itinerary is from my TA, my booking on NCL website does not show the revised itinerary yet.

Tue, Aug 16 Stockholm, Sweden   5:00pm
 Wed, Aug 17 Helsinki, Finland 10:00am  
 Thu, Aug 18 Helsinki, Finland   4:00pm
 Fri, Aug 19 Visby, Sweden 7:00am 4:00pm
 Sat, Aug 20 Tallinn, Estonia 7:00am 5:00pm
 Sun, Aug 21 Klaipeda, Lithuania 11:00am 8:00pm
 Mon, Aug 22 Gdansk (Gdynia), Poland 7:00am 2:00pm
 Tue, Aug 23 Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany 6:00am 9:00pm
 Wed, Aug 24 Copenhagen, Denmark 10:00am 6:00pm
 Thu, Aug 25 At Sea     
 Fri, Aug 26 Amsterdam, Holland 6:00am  
Edited by susiesan