EZ Air early ticketing- Good idea?

Kennact

I am wondering if I should do early ticketing for our EZ Air flights in June. With the instability of oil prices, etc, I worry that flights might get moved around a lot or even cancelled due to possibility of ticket prices going higher. I am assuming that if my flights are ticketed then the airline would have to get me on new flights, versus only pre-ticketed where they can just cancel my ticket. Is that correct?  Thanks

I should add that I have the Standard Princess travel insurance plan

Edited by Kennact

5 hours ago, Kennact said:

I am wondering if I should do early ticketing for our EZ Air flights in June. With the instability of oil prices, etc, I worry that flights might get moved around a lot or even cancelled due to possibility of ticket prices going higher. I am assuming that if my flights are ticketed then the airline would have to get me on new flights, versus only pre-ticketed where they can just cancel my ticket. Is that correct?  Thanks

I should add that I have the Standard Princess travel insurance plan

You are correct. 

58 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Just do NOT book American Airlines!  They canceled my booking, even though it was ticketed, the day before we were to fly out.

I AM WITH YOU ON THAT!!!

For the OP- even if you are ticketed, your flight can be cancelled. We were not yet ticketed on American and our flight was changed twice. The first time was fine. Now we are NOT on a non-stop flight and get home about midnight. We have time to change the flight and I am NOT going with American. The new flights did not charge us more money. Flights are May 5th.

I have booked EZair numerous times and have never had the fare increase after the flights were booked.  Here is the EZair fine print section that applies to fares:

Flight rates are not subject to change prior to the receipt of final payment on the cruise and air booking. Flights which are confirmed remain at the same rate with the exception of a change in taxes or fees or a schedule change resulting in the cancellation or re-booking of flights.” 

Thanks everyone! I decided to just request final payment, but when I went into my booking this morning it says "

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

Guess I am too late? I hope I still have my flights, they were perfect!  

1 hour ago, Kennact said:

Thanks everyone! I decided to just request final payment, but when I went into my booking this morning it says "

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

That's what happened to us 5 times already, and we are not cruising until June.  Do you have connecting flights?  I went on the airline's website to find out which flight did not exist any more.  When I called Princess, they would not put me through to the E-Z Air department until our flight was within 75 days of departure, because they are swamped with calls due airlines changing their flight schedules.  Good Luck. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I have booked EZair numerous times and have never had the fare increase after the flights were booked.  Here is the EZair fine print section that applies to fares:

Flight rates are not subject to change prior to the receipt of final payment on the cruise and air booking. Flights which are confirmed remain at the same rate with the exception of a change in taxes or fees or a schedule change resulting in the cancellation or re-booking of flights.” 

This is my understanding.  If your flight schedules does not change, but there is a increase in the flight price, you are protected, meaning you get to keep the lower price.

But, if you have a schedule change, your flight price can increase.  You also need to choose the whole flight schedule again, unless the original flights are still available on Princess E-Z Air website.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kennact said:

Ours has been like that for at least 3 weeks. Our return flight has changed twice. The first time worked in our favor. The second change is about an hour before Princess' earliest allowed time. What worries me is that current prices are about $600 more per person than when we reserved flights several months ago. Hopefully Princess is able to work it out without us losing our price protection. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

This has also happened to us, flight times have changed about 4 times since last November, flying in 10 days.  First time booked NS flights both ways and of course they were dropped, now have connecting times which are kinda tight IMO.  Some of the changes were just changed flight #'s with same times listed.  Of course spring break is all over the country in March, so I figure that factors into it also.  Just hoping our flights stay as is right now, dreading looking at emails everyday and hoping NOT to see one from Delta.  And yes, Delta can also change things up as well as AA, lol.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

I was finally able to request early ticketing. Turns out just the flight number changed, and nothing else. My theory is, that if my airline cancels my flight through EZ Air I will be stuck finding a new flight at whatever the rate is at that time. Now that I have early ticketing, the airline will need to rebook me. At any rate, I feel better having my tickets paid for. Thanks for all your advice and thoughts.