How much is Laundry by the bag? plus

bluecruisin

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

0333B2AB-EC21-4F9B-B71C-3F0D3CCAE33A.thumb.jpeg.98eec0a29863dc1da4d33c7d0ee24bbd.jpeg

From recent cruise.  

They may also have a less expensive on I believe $25 for 25 or 30 items.  This one wash and fold for all you can fit in bag

We are on a 12 night on the Equinox. When do you believe we’ll get this option and how long does it take to get back? Trying to determine packing.

3 hours ago, RBKL said:

We are on a 12 night on the Equinox. When do you believe we’ll get this option and how long does it take to get back? Trying to determine packing.

If you get your clothes in early in the morning, you should get your items back the following day.  There may or may not be a special on your cruise.  If there is a special, it is usually offered mid-cruise.  

You may also get 1 or 2 bags per person (with max pieces) for Elite and Elite Plus member.  Usually if I send out laundry with breakfast it is back the next day.    I sometimes also leave it out  when we go to dinner and get it back either next evening or the second day.  

Normally the bag challenge comes late in the cruise about 3 -4  before the end of the cruise.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may also get 1 or 2 bags per person (with max pieces) for Elite and Elite Plus member.  Usually if I send out laundry with breakfast it is back the next day.    I sometimes also leave it out  when we go to dinner and get it back either next evening or the second day.  

Just off the Reflection. handed our room attendant our Laundry st 8:30am and it was returned the evening of the 2nd day, so not next day service. Elite + in a Sky Suite. On the Apex laundry handed at 9:30am took three full days to be returned. 

We too have experienced 2-3 day turn around time on both the Reflection one Edge. The laundry service on the Reflection did a poor job of folding clothes, the t-shirts came back so wrinkled we didn’t wear them

Surprised to hear of how long laundry has taken so long from above.    What have others experienced.

I've never had our laundry take 3 days.   I have had it come back at 2 days when I left it out pre-dinner.   Since we get free laundry I have a tendency to send it out every couple days and it always comes back quickly.  Usually I just find it  hanging in the closet. 

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Since we get free laundry I have a tendency to send it out every couple days and it always comes back quickly.  Usually I just find it  hanging in the closet. 

How far up the Captain's Club ladder do you have to climb to get your laundry done for free?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never had our laundry take 3 days.   I have had it come back at 2 days when I left it out pre-dinner.   Since we get free laundry I have a tendency to send it out every couple days and it always comes back quickly.  Usually I just find it  hanging in the closet. 

Remember, you're at Zenith level. Evidently all your laundry is being tagged as next day service. That's NOT the laundry service given to others on complementary laundry. 

Does anyone know the cost if you are at the “select” level in the captains club ?  Only thing I see stated is that you get one bag at a discounted rate, wondering what the end cost is for members at the select level.  We will be on a 14 night itinerary in a few months, and might take advantage of that service if it’s in a reasonable range.   $50 for one bag is more than I had anticipated.

@cruzer0007

In the past it was 50% discount for 12 nights or longer.   Not sure what it is now.  

Our upcoming cruise is only 10 nights  so full price for us & we will be taking advantage of it...  Our total trip will be 18 days. 

Edited by Von & John

I have taken long trips where there was no laundry option.  Land tours can be a real challenge. If traveling to warmer places, you might try this method. Only bring items that can easily be washed out in your sink.  Before sailing anywhere, I do a wash test.  I select clothing items that I think will be suitable. Then I wash them in my sink and let them dry in the shower. For more space, use hangers or bring a flexo line.   If clothes take more than overnight, they stay home or plan on sending them to the ship laundry. Use the hairdryer to help the drying.  JeAns go to laundry.  You can freshen up clothing by packing with dryer sheets.  In cooler places, plan on wearing items more than once. Leave heavy sweaters home. Dress in layers.  Layer closest to you needs more care.  Spot clean outer layers.  Layers provide option to vary outfits.  Be creative. Pants are best in solid colors.  Shirts may be colorful, but not too crazy. Pick tops that can be worn with a variety of other items.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speedoguy1 said:

I have to go back and check but I think I read that I get one free laundry bag on my Apex cruise. I am booked the aqua class.   Does anybody know?

No, free laundry is not an amenity of Aquaclass Cabins. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

What about Sky Suite?  We are on a 12 day Apex cruise in a SS and I believe we are still SELECT.

It really depends on the kinds of laundry you load into the bag you'll find in the cabin.  Different pieces of clothing are cleaned at different prices.

As an example, I loaded 2 pair of shorts, 3 shirts, couple pair of boxers, and couple pair of socks in the bag and it came in at just under $50.  I was staying in a Sky Suite as a Select (became Elite in the middle of the cruise).

Gave it to my personal concierge when she delivered my a.m. room service coffee and danish (8:00-ish) and she had it back the following day late afternoon.

Edited by graphicguy

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It really depends on the kinds of laundry you load into the bag you'll find in the cabin.  Different pieces of clothing are cleaned at different prices.

As an example, I loaded 2 pair of shorts, 3 shirts, couple pair of boxers, and couple pair of socks in the bag and it came in at just under $50.  I was staying in a Sky Suite as a Select (became Elite in the middle of the cruise).

I recently came off a 7 night cruise on the Edge.  There were only 670 passengers onboard

Being an Elite member I get  a free bag of laundry and 1 item dry cleaned.  Took longer than anticipated as cabin steward picked up my bag shorter after 9 am and was returned 2 days later when I came back from dinner. Just thought it would be quicker.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

What about Sky Suite?  We are on a 12 day Apex cruise in a SS and I believe we are still SELECT.

For a 12 day cruise your Captain's Club select status would give you one bag of laundry with a discounted price. On our February Equinox 12 day cruise we paid $20 a bag - we are both select so we had two bags at that price.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I recently came off a 7 night cruise on the Edge.  There were only 670 passengers onboard

Being an Elite member I get  a free bag of laundry and 1 item dry cleaned.  Took longer than anticipated as cabin steward picked up my bag shorter after 9 am and was returned 2 days later when I came back from dinner. Just thought it would be quicker.

That's the turnaround time by the book for Elite and Elite+ complimentary laundry . If people are getting it earlier then that's a nice thing, but that's not standard practice.