HELP. “Upgraded” to a Worse Cabin

blueboro

We are a party of 8 booked on Constellation for tomorrow 3/7). Just noticed all 8 had been upgraded to Concierge on deck 8.  We were on deck 7 in cabins next to each other.  New cabin are close but not together.  Cabin 8047 is ours and it is obstructed with the window washing platform outside.  Great upgrade...right?  My TA is out until tomorrow morning when we board and offices are closed on a Sunday.  Any ideas what I can/should do?  As a CC Elite thought we might deserve not to go from an unobstructed verandah to an obstructed Concierge.  

Was this because of Move Up bids? I suppose you can always see if something can be done once you board? Or try calling and leaving a message or email for your TA and they might be able to do something for you before you even arrive tomorrow? Certainly happened at a very difficult time! Hope something can be worked out for you- but you will still have a great cruise. 

That is really not fair. Wonder if they are keeping deck 7 for covid? Otherwise why would they do it? I'd call Celebrity right now and explain what has happened and insist that they talk to you despite having gone though a TA. You might get some help- emphasis on 'might'. 

There was mention on another thread that they've been doing HVAC work one hall at a time.  Could be that your cabins are being worked on so they had to move you.  I think best case at this point is to talk to the people at guest services about it if you don't want to call Celebrity tonight.  Or maybe contact your TA first thing in the morning to see if they can do anything before you get to the pier.  Maybe they can at least move you to a room that doesn't have the washing equipment outside it.

Edited by bEwAbG

Also you can try 800-556-8209. Good luck. It is possible that you all were moved to clear out some cabins for possible quarantine situations. Hopefully they can accommodate you. One positive with the new cabin (even if they can't move you) is that the Concierge cabins are bigger than regular balcony cabins on the M-class ships. Glass half full.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do keep in mind that the concierge class cabin on the ship will be about 10% bigger than the regular veranda cabin. You will also be eligible to go to the main dining room on embarkation day. There will be a bottle of bubbly in your room as well.

25 minutes ago, blueboro said:

After waiting over 2 hours on hold to simply upgrade to premium package a few days ago don’t even know I could get through😀  

Waited 4.5 hours today because I booked an excursion that ate  my CC, but wouldn't give me my excursion.  Very frustrating. Celebrity had to have someone from IT  work on it and get back to me. 

I suspect they are still moving people due to isolation cabins.  They have been using the forward sections of deck 7 for this reason for the last couple of months.  There are quite a few cabins required for onboarding crew as well as those needed for possible passenger/crew positives.

11 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

If the rooms on deck 7 are having HVAC work done, not much they can do for you.  They can’t give you your original rooms back

Not asking for original room back...just an unobstructed veranda like I paid for.  Not a big ask I wouldn’t think.

• Like 2

While we were aboard, it wasn't HVAC they were working on ... rather, it was plumbing.  But they were paralleling the older pipes, so only a very short loss of service each time a swap was made from old to new.  

More likely the cabins are COVID set-asides.

We were on Constellation 14 Feb 2022 sailing and in an O/V.  We got upgraded to a CC cabin when we checked in at the pier.  They were using Deck 7 forward on both the port & starboard side for covid and/or quarantine for new staff and using our O/V and other staterooms on Deck 3 for crew social distancing.  

I would think when you check in guest services should be able to accommodate you to another stateroom on Deck 8.   With regard to being next to each other, the stateroom balconies do not open to the other balconies.

• Thanks 1

We had a problem ( as did others) with our cabin on a recent Apex cruise and guest services was able to change us to another cabin. They offered us a few different choices)  Since most ships are not currently sailing at full capacity, they may be able to change you.  Enjoy your cruise in any event!

2 hours ago, islabahia said:

How is your “Elite” status relevant to your issue?  Good CS is good CS regardless of whether one is a first time pax or has 100’s of days on X.

It’s common practice for many companies to go the extra mile for its loyal customers.  Airlines often offer discounts or upgrades, same with hotels. Onboard Elite cruisers get a couple extra benefits to reward them for their loyalty. 

I don’t disagree that good CS should be applied to all passengers if possible.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RickT said:

It’s common practice for many companies to go the extra mile for its loyal customers.  Airlines often offer discounts or upgrades, same with hotels. Onboard Elite cruisers get a couple extra benefits to reward them for their loyalty. 

I don’t disagree that good CS should be applied to all passengers if possible.  

Yep, exactly right.  

14 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Also you can try 800-556-8209. Good luck. It is possible that you all were moved to clear out some cabins for possible quarantine situations. Hopefully they can accommodate you. One positive with the new cabin (even if they can't move you) is that the Concierge cabins are bigger than regular balcony cabins on the M-class ships. Glass half full.

LOL, but the OP has to get beyond partial obstructions and cabins which are not next to each other in order to appreciate that aspect of the upgrade.

Those items, it sounds like, are not important to the OP so the advantages that others may see, is not worth it and I understand the position.

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, but the OP has to get beyond partial obstructions and cabins which are not next to each other in order to appreciate that aspect of the upgrade.

Those items, it sounds like, are not important to the OP so the advantages that others may see, is not worth it and I understand the position.

bon voyage

What is important Bo is that I paid for an UNOBSTRUCTED verandah and the moved me to an obstructed.  Surely you understand that.