Concierge Lunch

jasmine196

Hi All-

Its been a long 27 months since we last cruised, but we have a family trip scheduled for the Solstice on July 1st to Alaska.  I know for a while they stopped the concierge lunch, but did they bring it back?  Thanks in advance!

Vicky

On board the Apex now.   Doing a B2B.   They still have it and it is a very limited menu.   Wouldn’t pay extra for CC class just for that.  We could have went as B2B cruisers but didn’t choose to do so.  

If it makes you feel special go for it.  Nice way to start a cruise but as wrote earlier  wouldn’t pay extra for CC just for that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miched said:

If it makes you feel special go for it.

It has nothing to do with feeling special. It’s a good way to avoid the lunch crowds at the buffet upon embarkation, and also not have to drag your carry-ons around. Seems less necessary now that you can drop your bags off even before your stateroom is ready. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hrt4girls said:

I am sailing in Concierge.  Will I get invited to the lunch or do we just show up.  It used to be on embarkation day.  I have checked the app for loyalty and suites tab in dining and nothing is listed.

You just show up.    I believe they will tell you at Checkin.   The dining rooms have a big sign up -- Concierge Only

21 minutes ago, rzyjzq said:

IS the lunch at a certain time or between a couple of different hours where you can just show up?

Thanks!  

Susan

I believe it to be between either 11:30 or 12:00 until 1 or 1:30.    They coordinate with boarding time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Reflection last week and the concierge lunch was on embarkation day.  There were two or three entree choices.  I believe it was held between noon and 1:30 PM.  There was a card in our stateroom letting us know about the lunch.

Edited by hiccups
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, juksing said:

My app says between 12 noon to 2pm

That's good to know.   I tried looking in the app and failed.   I'm sure all the Concierge passengers will appreciate you finding the exact time.

Never saw it on our app, but had a note in the cabin when we arrived -  Concierge Lunch 12:00-2:00pm Deck 3 Portside… The menu was similar to the lunch menu on sea days. We really look forward to the Carrot Cumin and the Squash soups… Great way to start the cruise! And a chance to locate our assigned Dining table and request adjustments as needed.  [Equinox, Jan 30 boarding.]

Stan

• Like 1

On Celebrity App for my cruise on Summit Mar 14 2022: for Day 1 Lunch 12PM -2PM under DINING-->LOYALTY & SUITES: limited menu but probably a more leisurely way to start the cruise; plenty of time to check out the buffet later in the cruise.  I assume it is MDR.

IMG_0733.PNG.92280bf085496cee0a90da6304b58e7a.PNGimage2.png.f6352eaeb6f842689e0fe3860a4099c8.png

image1.png.b4e29d2e19cccad8fc3f6e1844d740bb.png

image0.png.9fda0919a5ab685702f68ab39614bad9.png

Edited by juksing

• 3 weeks later...

So having booked late so we were scheduled for embarkation at 2pm. 

I guess we will miss the concierge lunch?  We used to enjoy it because it avoided the first day craziness for lunch; that was always my least favorite part of the entire cruise but we were always hungry by lunchtime on embarkation day. 🙄

On 3/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, Islander500 said:

So having booked late so we were scheduled for embarkation at 2pm. 

I guess we will miss the concierge lunch?  We used to enjoy it because it avoided the first day craziness for lunch; that was always my least favorite part of the entire cruise but we were always hungry by lunchtime on embarkation day. 🙄

That seems like an issue to me. A big part of the CC cost and benefit is the embarkation lunch. Maybe you can call and ask if you can board earlier to take advantage of a perk you've paid for?